IGNORED

MTE-201 Test Cart on Sears System

Does anyone know if a Sears Intellivision system can be tested with the MTE-201 test cart? I have two systems and each give the following failure on one of the initial screens before the controller test.

post-10944-0-13021500-1432698205_thumb.jpg

Does this happen for all Sears systems? Are there other failures typically found when using the MTE-201 on a Sears system? I got the following additional failure on a system recently purchased.

post-10944-0-01454800-1432698333_thumb.jpg

Is this also a typical one?

What is different about it (other than detachable controllers) that makes it fail these tests?

So many questions!! :)

Going from memory and some light research, U03 and U09 are the ROM chips in the Intellivision. The Sears version has slightly altered ROM data to cover up the "Mattel Electronics" at the standard title screen. If you have a V3 version of the MTE-201, it fails these tests for the Sears Intellivision as well as the Intellivision II. Later test cartridges, such as the 4.1b, know about the Sears and Intellivision II ROMs and handle them more gracefully and will even tell you which one they detected.

Again, going from memory, I believe that test L is what typically fails on a Sears console.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. The MTE I am using is v3.

Also, the first failure has an "M" first and then the "L" appears before going to the controller test screen.

Is there a ROM for the latest version of the MTE test program (4.1b)? I do not have a CC3 and neither of the flash products are availbel yet. Can someone make me a cart with the latest ROM in it? :)

I don't know if the V4.1b is available as a ROM. I haven't looked. There are milticarts on the horizon but not yet available.

i only know of 3.1. All the controller test carts are available up to 4b Edited by pimpmaul69

i only know of 3.1. All the controller test carts are available up to 4b

Cool. Do you have a link of where they are available?

I have another question too.

Could a standard intellivision system use a sears top with controller port connectors? This way I could "convert" a standard system into one with detachable controllers. I ask because my actual sears systems have issues at the moment, but I have standard systems that are 100% working.

Could a standard intellivision system use a sears top with controller port connectors? This way I could "convert" a standard system into one with detachable controllers. I ask because my actual sears systems have issues at the moment, but I have standard systems that are 100% working.

yes, I've done this before. Search for 2609 thread in the Intellivision forum.

edit I found the link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219891-best-controller-port-location-on-2609/

you could swap motherboards.

The covers are interchangeable. You also need to swap out the controller trays and leads. Just be sure to put the short screw in the front center hole on the Sears cover because a long screw will poke through the lid! Also be careful not to pinch any wires when you tighten the covers down.

The covers are interchangeable. You also need to swap out the controller trays and leads. Just be sure to put the short screw in the front center hole on the Sears cover because a long screw will poke through the lid! Also be careful not to pinch any wires when you tighten the covers down.

Good points. Thanks!