IGNORED

Horizon Shift - anything like this possible on Vectrex?

ComputerSpaceFan

I just watched Gamester81's discussion of Horizon Shift (see below) which is now on Steam. Looks awesome but I keep wondering if something along this type of game would be possible on a Vectrex? Obviously it would need to be dumbed down a bit but I think the vector style would lend itself well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFNyczv9RQ

• Like 1

I just watched Gamester81's discussion of Horizon Shift (see below) which is now on Steam. Looks awesome but I keep wondering if something along this type of game would be possible on a Vectrex? Obviously it would need to be dumbed down a bit but I think the vector style would lend itself well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHFNyczv9RQ

Hey man, I made this game.

Thanks for making this post :)

I would love and I mean LOVE to see/make a vectrex version! Everyone knows the vectrex is friggin awesome!

I'm actually looking into a Dreamcast version but a vectrex version didn't really occur to me.

I might actually look into this, would be an amazing learning process. Gonna need a lot of help though :)

• Like 2

Hey man, I made this game.

Thanks for making this post :)

I would love and I mean LOVE to see/make a vectrex version! Everyone knows the vectrex is friggin awesome!

I'm actually looking into a Dreamcast version but a vectrex version didn't really occur to me.

I might actually look into this, would be an amazing learning process. Gonna need a lot of help though :)

My pleasure man, you made an awesome game! If some kind of Vectrex version is possible consider me first in line for a cartridge!

• 5 weeks later...

Let me know if I can do anything to help with a Vectrex version.

Although using the 'normal' ROM object drawing routines I was pushing it to make Vec Wars and Circus Vectrex!

vcirc2.jpgvt-vecwr2.PNG

But I did manage to do Spike and the argry Vortex Bird by mostly drawing lines directly to the screen, and not using the object draw routines.

vtwist.JPG

The grid lines constantly move forwards in this, and the walls and diamonds also move towards the front of the grid, making a pseudo 3D effect. All these are drawn to the screen using direct lines, with the Spike character using the draw object ROM routine.

Edited by gorf68