IGNORED

MainByte 32K16 Hardware Project

bholcomb007

there is a 16bit mod I need to find that has a newer PCB. I have one. I need to see if I can find the gerber files.

I did find this link to the PDF that Tursi created

HERE

Link to a Quarter Calendar Project for 32k

HERE

Someone created an actual PCB for it and it's in the thread, may have to read a few messages before you find it.

but it looks like the image attached. As you can see I have not installed mine yet.

post-35187-0-49931300-1489373977_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shift838

It's coming up on 2 years since I bumped the thread to show interest in the 16 bit board.
That's obviously going nowhere fast so I might as well make the upgrade based on that last board.
As simple as that is, I might just build it on perf board and just run the extra 5 wires that go between pins.

A switchable 16-bit board like the 32k16 is what I'm after.

I'm a total noob when it comes to this system, but adding that 16-bit RAM can only help, especially if newer software comes out that uses it. The amount of new development on the TI-99 is a pleasant surprise and has been on the increase as of late.

If I'm going to have to solder up a rats nest of jumper wires in there anyway, what's 3-5 more wires if it makes the system run faster?