IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision 2016

dZ, I forget to point out that "I think" that the Caravaggio's painting could have been an inspiration for that image on DotC.

Personally I've never read or heard anything about it before.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. It also follows the particular style of many paintings of the era.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce that 3D jousting on Defender of the Crown is 99 percent done. It is amazing that it can be done at all actually, considering the limitations of the machine. However, the programmer is really pushing the Intellivision and is doing a superb job getting the most out of the limited graphics.

Check out the 2D screen shot from the jousting. I am sure that you will agree that it is an impressive looking screen!

post-31813-0-64487000-1445592584_thumb.gif

• Like 22

After all these awesome images I wonder how much space is left for the game play!

just kidding :)

Edit: from what we see now I think DotC will be visually one of the most beautiful games of the whole Intellivision history

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

I'm pleased to announce that 3D jousting on Defender of the Crown is 99 percent done. It is amazing that it can be done at all actually, considering the limitations of the machine. However, the programmer is really pushing the Intellivision and is doing a superb job getting the most out of the limited graphics.

Check out the 2D screen shot from the jousting. I am sure that you will agree that it is an impressive looking screen!

After IntyBASIC programming and doing artwork for the system. It is an amazing machine.

I'm definitely getting Defender of the Crown when it is released. Should be very interesting because it will be my first time playing the game.

• Like 1

Oh wow that looks great, so looking forward to buying this one. I also vote to keep the pink box too, it was awesome..

The pink box suited the art that Valter sourced for the game, but when we were directed to use original art, it just didn't fit. The new colour looks great with the art. The pink was used for Boulder Dash. (shown)

The DOTC cover (I don't have the latest version handy) suits the art much better. You can see the cartridge sticker here to give you an idea.

post-31813-0-57041400-1445951385_thumb.png

post-31813-0-07184200-1445952248_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

With the Intellivision voice module?

Guessing no (probably digitized as they have more memory to work with today) and most of us are probably fine leaving our voice modules tucked safely away in their original box. :lol:

(been at least a decade, maybe two since I last used mine)

Guessing no (probably digitized as they have more memory to work with today) and most of us are probably fine leaving our voice modules tucked safely away in their original box. :lol:

The Intellivoice is a D/A device, it's made for digitized speech.

Will I guess its time to let the intellivioice out for a game or two.....

The Intellivoice is a D/A device, it's made for digitized speech.

Was thinking a digitized sample that maybe used the CPU, so wouldn't need the Intellivioice. But are you saying that's not possible or practical? Guess I'm not familiar enough with the memory constraints, etc.

How were the phrases like "Yerrrrrr Out"! handled in Baseball? Thought that might have been a sample or creative use of the native sounds I guess?