IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision 2016

Regarding the cover art which Cinemaware is very keen on maintaining intellectual rights to, you may have read this article by Spelpappan digging into the history: who drew it, what was it based upon. There is some conflicting material there, but Cinemaware of today are certain that no matter who made it, all rights are retained since it was commissioned by them (or the company the current owners bought the rights from). There is also talk that Cinemaware would print high resolution posters, perhaps those will be ready in time for the Intellivision release for a possible bundling?

http://spelpappan.se/2013/08/this-is-how-the-cover-art-of-defender-of-the-crown-1986-was-made/

• Like 2

Looking forward to it - I still occasionally fire up the Apple IIgs version to this day. Can you guys make it so there's actually a strategy to the sword fighting and not just button-mashing?

Also, any plans to release it in rom form for those of us who prefer emulation or using a multi-cart?

Looking forward to it - I still occasionally fire up the Apple IIgs version to this day. Can you guys make it so there's actually a strategy to the sword fighting and not just button-mashing?

Also, any plans to release it in rom form for those of us who prefer emulation or using a multi-cart?

Was the original mostly button mashing during the raid? I think the programmer is adding some strategy to it. Not sure how that will work, but I'm all for some strategy....ie if all you do is pound the buttons the defenders will kill you. Some defensive moves would be good.

As far as ROMS go, certainly, once the game breaks even we will consider doing ROMS for LTO Flash!. The game uses JLP features so will work well on LTO Flash!

• Like 1

Was the original mostly button mashing during the raid? I think the programmer is adding some strategy to it. Not sure how that will work, but I'm all for some strategy....ie if all you do is pound the buttons the defenders will kill you. Some defensive moves would be good.

As far as ROMS go, certainly, once the game breaks even we will consider doing ROMS for LTO Flash!. The game uses JLP features so will work well on LTO Flash!

The fencing was simple mouse button mashing on the Amiga. On the other hand, the jousting was unbelievable difficult.

I never played it, but the people say that the C64 version was better in gameplay than the Amiga version.

The only other version that I played so far was the CD-i version. I played the whole game to the end credits with one try in about 30 minutes.

I present the unofficial cartridge sticker for Defender of the Crown for Intellivision

We've also made some changes to the sky colour on the cover art. The box should be finalized and ready for approval in the next couple of weeks.

i like the cover better with the matching box & sky.

Hey Intellivision fans.

As some of you may know, Elektronite is still working on Defender of the Crown for Intellivision.

Many of the already well done graphics in the game are being given a makeover.

Here is a teaser graphic from the game.

Also, I'm posting the box as a reminder of what it will look like.

The box will be printed in about six months. We've got a testing team in place. Things are progressing well on the game.

I very recently purchased the DotC demo and the seller told me that the cart was released without label, but it was possible to download it to eventually print it and put it upon the cart.

Is that file still available somwhere?

Thank you very much!