IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision 2016

* Bump * (in the hopes of an update for a game that's HIGH on my want list!)

I'm expecting the game rom to be delivered very soon for testing on LTO Flash!

The game will be 'complete' and playable, but some features will be added as game testing begins.

As already mentioned, the cartridge stickers and boxes have printed. The manual will be written shortly and the overlay design done during play testing.

• Like 4

Guest LiqMat

We are DAYS away from getting a beta of the game that will be 'complete' and testable.

Of course, more features will be added as we put the game through its paces.

I'll keep people informed as the first LTO Flash! ROMS go out for this anticipated game.

Hard to believe one of the most exciting titles released for the intellivision ever and its 2016. Looking forward to this and thank you for not making it too difficult to obtain.

Please - please - please - please - please make sure this game is well tested (and not just by the obligatory small circle of friends or "enlightened" ones that may miss the most obvious of errors) as we've seen in the past with little to no recourse as to a fix.

Please? As a paying customer… please?

Please - please - please - please - please make sure this game is well tested (and not just by the obligatory small circle of friends or "enlightened" ones that may miss the most obvious of errors) as we've seen in the past with little to no recourse as to a fix.

In other words, take your time and release it slowly.

I don't know why you would think that it would not be well tested. We took SIX MONTHS to test The Lost Caves of Kroz. It went out bug free. Any discussion about the running change was a difficulty question which falls with the programmer, not the testers. Regardless, both versions work.

Boulder Dash was extensively tested and there have been NO reports of any bugs. The game was tested for a few months and was late because of it. It missed the 30th anniversary.

I don't know why you have this concern with Elektronite games. We don't just slap our games together and ship.

Boulder Dash was extensively tested and there have been NO reports of any bugs. The game was tested for a few months and was late because of it. It missed the 30th anniversary.

Boulder Dash is certainly bug free...but sometimes strange menus and levels showing up... ;)

post-30718-0-74242400-1463496907_thumb.jpg

post-30718-0-56795400-1463496918_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know why you have this concern with Elektronite games.

I don't in particular, really! Just talking about homebrews in general. And now that you mention it, latest homebrew D2K SE, game 2, level 1... took me all but 2 seconds to realize there's something wrong with the floating girders. Collision is off when trying to jump as if there's an invisible pixel or three extending the sides. It's the little stuff like this, gameplay tweaks and mechanics that sometimes get overlooked.

DOTC is an especially high profile and eagerly anticipated release is all. Just hoping it gets the super play test treatment by a varied mix of testers. :)

I don't in particular, really! Just talking about homebrews in general. With this one being especially high profile and anticipated. :)

It's a licensed game, not a homebrew.

I don't think that Cinemaware would be too thrilled with us if we shipped some buggy mess. Too much effort has gone into this game.

This game and art is looking awesome. I recently bought it for the Nintendo and forgot how hard it is. When porting to the intellivision are the "odds" and variables guessed at or does the licensor provide details and whatnot, so it is the same across platforms? Just curious how it works. Can't wait!