IGNORED

The CoCo Crew Podcast

linville

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John. I listened to the podcast and enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure I'm the one who keeps saying the mailing list is archaic. ;-p (And it is.)

Anyway, looking forward to more podcasts. I'd never be able to make it to a cocofest, but maybe I'll see you again at a VCFE. I wan't able to go this past time, but I will be there for the next one.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I just disagree about the searching. Finding stuff on the Facebook page is nearly impossible just days or weeks after it is posted. OTOH, I regularly find coco mailing list links in my Google searches for CoCo stuff. I agree that specifically searching the coco list's mailman archives is more trouble than it ought to be, but I've never found forum searches to be particularly easier.

As for the mailing list being archaic...at least I would have known there was a reply here before 5 days had passed if "here" was the mailing list... :-) Plus, I wouldn't have had to go anywhere but my own mailbox to find it and reply!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I just disagree about the searching. Finding stuff on the Facebook page is nearly impossible just days or weeks after it is posted. OTOH, I regularly find coco mailing list links in my Google searches for CoCo stuff. I agree that specifically searching the coco list's mailman archives is more trouble than it ought to be, but I've never found forum searches to be particularly easier.

FaceBook is best for the Here and Now, not so much for the There and Then.. A reflection of Pop Culture.....

As for the mailing list being archaic...at least I would have known there was a reply here before 5 days had passed if "here" was the mailing list... :-) Plus, I wouldn't have had to go anywhere but my own mailbox to find it and reply!

It's nice having a Local Copy of the CoCo Archive... But Google will find Posts too, stored on pair.net or Gmane..

MarkO

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 17 -- This Is Halloween?

The CoCo Crew is back with another great show, once again joined by
Mike Rowen!

While this is our Halloween show, we have very few tricks to offer --
hopefully the whole show will just be a treat for you! But seriously,
along with Announcements, News, and our usual segments, we have
included a roundtable discussion with several CoCo folks working off
the remaining six months until the next CoCoFEST! Along with that is
a bit of talk about the new Tandy Assembly event coming next October,
and a little news about something called "the Cubs" as well...

Come and take a listen!

http://cococrew.org

We were only young once, but we can be CoCo Forever!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 21 is now available, featuring an interview with Tony Podraza and John Mark Mobley of the Glenside Color Computer Club, producers of CoCoFEST!

Along with all the discussion of CoCoFEST!, there is a technical segment on the Burke & Burke CoCoXT device, and a game review of RoboCop. It's a little over three hours of pure CoCo fun...enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Episode 22 is now available, featuring an interview with Darren Grant, CEO of Tandy! Also included is a big news segment, another host discussion regarding project conflicts, and most of the other usual bits minus a tech segment -- I've been too busy getting ready for CoCoFEST! Anyway...enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 24 -- Back in the CoCo Groove!

The CoCo Crew is back, with the 1st episode of our 3rd year. We cover a ton of news, discuss how far is too far and how much is too much for a CoCo project, deliver a tech segment on cartridge development, and give Neil's Corner some redecoration. Lots of new and fun segments from Mike's creative genius are here as well. Come and give it a listen!

• 1 month later...

Episode 25 -- Machine code, SFGE 2017, 'Retro' crash...

For your listening pleasure, the CoCo Crew is back for Episode 25. Boisy Pitre and John Mark Mobley join us this time for discussions about the desirability of a 'retro' crash, a discussion about the ramifications of recent emulator improvements, an SFGE 2017 trip report, John's opinion on the machine code vs. assembly language debate, and more...

Give us a listen!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...