IGNORED

TI-99-4A - UK Cassette Games - How To Convert To PC Emulator ?

RenegadeG1

Have you tried WARGAME? I was able to read it on the first try, so this should be possible for you without problems, since the WAV file always plays in the same way. You can lower sound channel 2 to 0, but I think this is only relevant for listening to the data, not for the recognition.

Have you tried WARGAME? I was able to read it on the first try, so this should be possible for you without problems, since the WAV file always plays in the same way. You can lower sound channel 2 to 0, but I think this is only relevant for listening to the data, not for the recognition.

Just tried - the mono version I did didn't, but the stereo one did (it played it back slower than usual).

Will do some more tests with some stereo files instead ;)

Cheers.

Ok, still not had much luck so far.

What I've done though is upload the files I've ripped so far, incase anyone else has any luck.

The following games:

Wargame (good to test as we know this works).

Santa & The Goblins

Lionel & The Ladders (UK)

Roady Toad

Taxi

Each wav has several versions :

Original rip (just as it is).

Cleaned up.

Amp'd Up (Using the cleaned up wav, some compression & eq).

Amp'd Up2 (Using the amp'd up wav & pushing it way into the 'red).

Link (This will last for 2 weeks) :

http://we.tl/szqErMRmP5

If anyone has any luck & can convert them to .dsk files, please upload them for everyone to enjoy :)

Cheers.

Edited by RenegadeG1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

SANTA.pngSanta and the Goblins Goblin.png

-------------------------------------------

a FULL 16Kb Graphic Adventure !

<< HERE >>

(for download and scans scroll the page down)

Enjoy ! ;)

I managed to get myself a copy of this a few months ago, I have the copy with the "improved" cover, I think that it is one of the better tape release for the 4a-but lets face it, it's not up against much competition. :(

yes i think it is a nice game adventure like you writing, and i was very surprised when I found out the amount of recognized words from the internal vocabulary and how to write commands.

anyway if you have the Enanched Version of this game it could be very nice to have an hires scan of the cover and internal instructions so i will add to the download on this page please ;)

yes i think it is a nice game adventure like you writing, and i was very surprised when I found out the amount of recognized words from the internal vocabulary and how to write commands.

anyway if you have the Enanched Version of this game it could be very nice to have an hires scan of the cover and internal instructions so i will add to the download on this page please ;)

Thanks for the conversion! But how do you run this program in MESS? It looks like a TI-BASIC program, but everything I try results in an out of memory error.

@Fredrik: This is the way to go for MESS. In the archive there is a wav folder with the cassette file. You can mount it as a tape and do a OLD CS1. Before, remove the floppy controller from the box.

Note that you have to pull down the slider for channel 1 (see menu "Slider controls"). For some unknown reason, the tape sound appears on both channels, with channel 1 shifted by some seconds. This has no effect for loading, since only channel 0 is read.

Nevertheless, it failed to load for me; I got a NO DATA FOUND after 60 seconds. Although the recording sounds good, maybe it needs some processing by audacity or other tools.

[...] .wav [...]it failed to load for me; I got a NO DATA FOUND after 60 seconds. Although the recording sounds good, maybe it needs some processing by audacity or other tools.

the .wav file i the one that "CS1er" program create by a .dsk

i tried it using my telephone connected using a cable to a real TI99 and it worked.

i use Android as OS and an amplifier APP ... maybe with audacity could be sufficient to amplify the .wav but it could clipping the audio.

Hmm ... interesting ... now it worked!

Suggestion: Start MESS with the debugger window (-debug on command line or somewher ein QMC2) and open the memory dump of the VDP. Starting from address 0700 you can watch the cassette loading!

I found that sometimes the TI console may lock up during cassette load. I wonder whether this is an emulation glitch or a bug in the console cassette routine. It ends up with "READING" but nothing happens after the cassette is done. In the debugger, you can see whether this bug occured or not: For some unknown reason, R13 loses the pointer to GROM but suddenly has a 045B inside. When this happens, the console locks up and you can stop the cassette.

post-35000-0-36769100-1437576590_thumb.png

• Like 1

Works with Classic99 and the CALLFILES(0) statement first.

Brings back memories :)

Made a partial map so far - managed to get upstairs, but got stuck in the dragons lair! (Every way you go it 'Blasts flames at you').

I remember their being other objects to find, but so far there's only been pies...

Has anyone found anything else yet?

attachicon.gif2015-07-26_022531.jpg

an Adventure in the Abyss

(Full 16Kb and "Sprite" in TI-BASIC !!)

<< HERE >>

(for download and scans scroll the page down)

Enjoy ! ;)

Hi, is this game in TI- or in Extended-Basic ?

(as there is mentioned "XB" in the filename)

I think it is TI-Basic ?

thanks for all that work