IGNORED

Floppy Disk Controller

Schmitzi

Floppy Disk Controller - POLL  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What floppy disk controllers are you currently using ?

• Atronic CPS-99
    • CorComp 9900 DD
    • CorComp 9900 DD ? MG-update
    • HDX-Mod/RS232 (with or w/o controller)
    • Hexbus Floppy Controller/Drive
    • MyArc DDCC-1
    • MyArc DDCC-1 + 80track-mod
    • MyArc HFDC
    • nanoPEB CF7+
    • nanoPEB F18 v1
    • nanoPEB v2
    • Percom Data TX99 sidecar DSSD
    • SNUG BWG DD
    • TI PHP1240 - standard
    • TI PHP1240 + 80track-mod
    • TI PHP1240 - DoubleDensity
    • TI PHP1800 ? Sidecar
    • WHT SCSI

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

puh, it works.... I just was on the search for another portal, to link a poll to there....

all these efforts, and then all vanishes after saving the poll....

but now it seems to works. puh

Edited by schmitzi
  • Like 1

Well I did it!!

I convinced a local TI Enthusiast to sell his CorComp Floppy Disk Controller to me that he has been refusing to sell. I paid a pretty penny for it but from what everyone was offering, I paid right in line with what seems to be a fair value. I just didnt want to drop that kind of money on it but figured I would not have the chance again or at least for some time as I dont see them up for sale very often.

I noticed in the poll there was 2 versions of this card.

1. CorComp 9900 DD
  2. CorComp 9900 DD – MG-update

What are the differences and how can you tell by looking at the card?

Edited by TI-GAMER
  • Like 1

I don't remember whether I already asked, but do we have schematics for the CorComp floppy controller? This would be extremely helpful to create a MESS emulation of it. On WHTech I could not find anything except the manual.

(Or, if someone has such a controller, lots of spare time, and good eyes, maybe this one would like to draw the schematics from the board for the sake of preservation? :) )

Hummingbird sells these for a reasonable price, and I have them on arcadeshopper.com for order if interested

Are the following 2 chips all that are required for the upgrade?

CorComp FDC

(MG Bank 1) The Miller's Graphics enhancement of the FDC chip which adds some CALLs and eliminates the startup screen and problems it created. CorComp FDC

(MG Bank 2) See previous description.

Edited by TI-GAMER

Are the following 2 chips all that are required for the upgrade?

CorComp FDC

(MG Bank 1) The Miller's Graphics enhancement of the FDC chip which adds some CALLs and eliminates the startup screen and problems it created. CorComp FDC

(MG Bank 2) See previous description.

Yes! I have this on both my cards and it was worth the $50+ I paid for it back in the day!

Greg

Greg,

Do you have those 2 MG Upgrade chips in stock and if so, can I send you another $12 and would you mind sending them in the same package as my HDX and the 2 Carts?

Thanks

I heard you bought them from Hummingbird direct no? I send the orders to him unless he can't do it then I burn them on a case by case basis.. except for the 1k/2k cart images which I burn myself (and uber)

I heard you bought them from Hummingbird direct no? I send the orders to him unless he can't do it then I burn them on a case by case basis.. except for the 1k/2k cart images which I burn myself (and uber)

Greg,

He contacted me after seeing the post so we are set for the Corcomp Upgrade Chips. BTW... I ordered that Straight Through Cable that you linked to on ebay for use with the HDX Card once you are finished with it so I should be all set.

Thanks Again

• Like 1

Anybody here in Germany or Europe who could offer me a defect or unneeded Corcomp controller? I could use it to trace the lines on the PCB. Pictures are already one step, but the lines are partly obscured by the chips and sockets.

(I'm asking for some near locations because I know how expensive overseas shipment can be.)