IGNORED

Atari 2600 HSC online database

I've been working in my spare time on creating an all-encompassing online HSC database. What I have so far can be seen here:

http://hsc.statotronic.com/

Take a look and let me know what you think. Are there things that could be better? Other types of information you'd like to see? (I intend to include season standings at some point.) Keep in mind that some things won't be completely accurate right now (HSC Debut, Games Played, etc.) because not all of the scores are in yet.

As I've been going through the old scores, I've seen some discrepancies. Some, like obvious typos, I've corrected. Others, like scores that were posted but not included in the score list, I haven't. Would it be worth the effort to go back through these old scores and fix any omissions? Is that something anyone cares about, or should I just match the score list as it appears in the old posts?

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

statistics boost! Rock On !! :)

:thumbsup: good ideas

I'll throw some more stats your way as I come up with them

one that I've been charting is "rounds won." also "seasons won."

the corrections, yeah that would be tedious but then again so is the rest of it... i figure as long as it's fun go for it! otherwise don't bother

• Like 4

Stats are awesome! The more the better.

Right now I'm keeping track of top 5 finishes, but I could easily change that to wins if people prefer that. I could also pretty easily add average weekly and overall ranking. Whatever else you've got would be great. In my mind this site will one day be baseball-reference.com for guys who play old video games.

As for corrections, I'm going to focus on getting everything in and see how I feel after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on adding season by season breakdowns for each player. Right now I have games played, rounds won and average rank. Might add percent of high score. I'm open to suggestions for anything else you'd like to see.

I'd also like to put overall top tens for things like games played and rounds won someplace. Probably on the front page, but I think that will wait until the database is more complete.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking it might be interesting to add a breakdown of games by genre (shooter, platform, maze, racing, etc.) to the player stats. The main complication would be categorizing some of the more unique games without creating so many sub categories that it defeats the purpose. But I think it would be pretty cool to see which players tend to do better at certain types of games, or which are just across the board good.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I'm closing in on getting all the scores for every season in (after that, medal rounds, knockout tourney and other "special events") and I've been playing around with some ideas for new looks for the site, including a logo. This is a design I came up with years ago, based on the MLB logo (and all the subsequent logos based on the MLB logo). Here is the red-white-and-blue version and a woodgrain version. Let me know what you think and any suggestions you might have for more "Atari" colors.

post-5573-0-48985900-1464456095.png

post-5573-0-90970200-1464456103.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I'm pretty sure I have all the score for every season in. Here are some numbers.

9,429 scores (not counting bonus games)

18.6 scores per week

Biggest single game week - Season 1 Week 3 (49)

Smallest week - Season 7 Week 40 (4)

434 players

21.7 scores per player

87 players who played just 1 game

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Minor correction: My Demon Attack Game 3 score was 16,500 not 16,560.

It's listed as 16,500 in the rankings in the thread, but your actual post and screenshot for that week are 16,560 so that's what I used.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214210-the-new-high-score-club-s2-week-9-demon-attack-game-3/?p=2791892

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My results "New HSC"

New HSC Season 1: 22. -Bronze Medal Challenge: No Participation
New HSC Season 2: 19. -Bronze Medal Challenge: Round 1
New HSC Season 3: 19. -Bronze Medal Challenge: Round 2
New HSC Season 4: 19. -Bronze Medal Challenge: Final Match 0-3
New HSC Season 5: 18. -Bronze Medal Challenge: Round 1
New HSC Season 6: 20. -Bronze Medal Challenge: Round 2
New HSC Season 7: 43.

New HSC Season 8: 27.