IGNORED

If you could do a Jaguar dream project?

Rick Dangerous

That was my same thought, Travis. I am not trying to disrespect that community in any way. But it is seriously one of the worst business plans EVER.

And then there's "Atari Fit".....

If we were to combine the various retirement accounts of all Atari Age members, we could probably buy the company outright.

Quite torn here as it's only 1 game...

So, do i go for someone to do a deluxe Turrican game on the Jaguar? (DC Gunlord is nice, but lacks that essential something)......

Or should i get Jeff Minter to do Robotron 2000 (or indeed Sinistar 2000), as he hoped he might of been doing once Defender 2000 was done......

My love for Llamtron says go for Jeff doing Robotron, so Robotron it is.

2D all they way though please, somethings simply never work quite as well in 3D.

• Like 1

Quite torn here as it's only 1 game...

So, do i go for someone to do a deluxe Turrican game on the Jaguar? (DC Gunlord is nice, but lacks that essential something)......

Yeah, a Turrican 2 port with the graphical quality of Native has always been one of my Jag dream projects. Good call Dragon.

• Like 1

Thanks sd32 :-)

A Turrican-esq game on Jaguar was something i always kind of just 'expected' to pop up sooner or later from a European developer, as Turrican 1-3 had been big (or so it seemed) on the Amiga and series recieved ports to Mega Drive/SNES and there were plans to re-introduce Turrican (via Thornado) on N64 for yeah, just surprised not to see anyone do something along those lines for the Jag.

• Like 1

Construct a building large enough to house all the nuts waiting for THE BESTEST 3D JAGUAR GAME EVER IF ONLY SOMEONE WOULD PUSH THE HARDWARE FOR ONCE!1!

Lol. Jaguar was capable of Dreamcast level graphics....if only programmers had harnessed it's true power. But now we'll never know because a bunch of idiots wanted to make Sega genesis and amiga ports.. ;)

Lol. Jaguar was capable of Dreamcast level graphics....if only programmers had harnessed it's true power. But now we'll never know because a bunch of idiots wanted to make Sega genesis and amiga ports.. ;)

I'd be happy with Tengen's Gauntlet IV for the Genesis ported to the Jag. it should've been the console's pack-in game!

• Like 2

I'd be happy with Tengen's Gauntlet IV for the Genesis ported to the Jag. it should've been the console's pack-in game!

I can see how a port of a 16-bit title to a 64-bit console with only 2 control ports, would have been launch window worthy...

Edited by NeoGeoNinja
  • Like 2

I can see how a port of a 16-bit title to a 64-bit console with only 2 control ports, would have been launch window worthy...

That's what would've saved the Jaguar. More ports of games already available on older, cheaper systems. Nintendo really screwed up launching Mario 64 with the N64, they should've used SMW as a launch game.

It's a fantastic game. It cost more than $60 on the Genesis. And despite your inability to see the bigger picture, it would've been a catalyst into compelling a lot of Jaguar console owners into buying a Jaguar Team Tap which would've added to Atari's bottom line. Even as a 16-bit game, it's still one of the most classic arcade games of all time and a whole lot more fun than flippin' Cybermorph.

As a console pack-in, Cybermorph is as bad as Super Breakout was for the 5200. But at least Super Breakout at one point was an arcade hit though.

Even had Atari taken that Time Warner rep's suggestion and made Skylar appear naked, it still wouldn't have helped that game. Well, maybe a little.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

It's a fantastic game. It cost more than $60 on the Genesis. And despite your inability to see the bigger picture, it would've been a catalyst into compelling a lot of Jaguar console owners into buying a Jaguar Team Tap which would've added to Atari's bottom line. Even as a 16-bit game, it's still one of the most classic arcade games of all time and a whole lot more fun than flippin' Cybermorph.

Pac Man is a fantastic game as well, but it's not a way to show off "next gen" 64-bit hardware. Do you really think that packing in a 16-bit port would be a way to show off what Atari's marketing wanted people to perceive as 64-bit power?

What's the point? JAG RULEZ! 16-BIT PORTZ, ATARI 8-BIT REMAKEZ AND RAYMAN WOULD'VE SUSTAINED THE SYSTEM LONG ENUF 2 C UNHARNESSED 3D POWAH!!!!

I don't think the Jaguar can do much better than World tour racing, this game have pushed the Jaguar hardware far enough

You can't imagine how difficult it is to create such a game at decent speed using the Jaguar hardware.

Edited by Orion_

Pac Man is a fantastic game as well, but it's not a way to show off "next gen" 64-bit hardware. Do you really think that packing in a 16-bit port would be a way to show off what Atari's marketing wanted people to perceive as 64-bit power?

What's the point? JAG RULEZ! 16-BIT PORTZ, ATARI 8-BIT REMAKEZ AND RAYMAN WOULD'VE SUSTAINED THE SYSTEM LONG ENUF 2 C UNHARNESSED 3D POWAH!!!!

One of the many criticisms hurled at Cybermorph is that it looks like a "16-bit game" so had they gone the Gauntlet IV route, at least it would've been a fun classic to start with. They could've added some extra bells and whistles to it to make it more 64-bit "worthy" as well.

But out of the original launch titles, or those that came out shortly after, Raiden would've left a much better impression than Cybermorph.

• Like 1

"The Cave"

A first person shooter where you blast the actors from what is largely considered the worst infomercial of the 1990's.

hqdefault.jpg

Strap in now...... For the ultimate ride in a chiropractor chair.....

hqdefault.jpg

Fight intense boss levels like Jack in the Alley......

jack_alley.jpg

Edited by JagCD
  • Like 2

A first person shooter where you blast the actors from what is largely considered the worst infomercial of the 1990's.

Fight intense boss levels like Jack in the Alley......

Pretty much all people (teenagers) used in video game marketing in the 90's were hilarious. They are all supposed to read as "Totally Xtreme RAD dude with a bad haircut who likes to pound JOLT cola and wail on some tubular high powered grafx video games with his bros in his moms basement"

The turbografx box kid is a favorite of mine, as well as kids from sega ads, but what takes the cake for me is the guy on the 3DO goldstar box. Examples attached.

post-38373-0-36816700-1433942689_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-45207900-1433942690_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-30059500-1433942691_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-02477100-1433942694_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Pretty much all people (teenagers) used in video game marketing in the 90's were hilarious. They are all supposed to read as "Totally Xtreme RAD dude with a bad haircut who likes to pound JOLT cola and wail on some tubular high powered grafx video games with his bros in his moms basement"

The turbografx box kid is a favorite of mine, as well as kids from sega ads, but what takes the cake for me is the guy on the 3DO goldstar box. Examples attached.

That was the 'tude era of advertising.

Regarding Gauntlet 4 (which i found bloody fantastic)...whilst i'd personally not suggest it as a launch title, let alone the in-game pack, there def.was a 'place' for an enhanced version on the Jaguar, maybe bundled with the Jaguar Team Tap adaptor, as so few games seemed to use that.

White Men Can't Jump and NBA Jam Tournament Edition did, i think, but did anything else? (or were there even other planned games which would of used it?).