IGNORED

Where to buy XB2.7 and NanoPEB?

l@k

Hi TI99ers,

I just got my TI99/4A from ebay and would like to buy the XB2.7s and NanoPEB.

Can anyone direct me to some links selling these kits or assembled units?

I'm in Singapore (South East Asia).

Lak

XB 2.7:

HERE

Nano PEB:

main site HERE

You may have to email Jamie to see if any Nano are available. He usually slaps them on ebay a few at a time.

Chris

Hi Arcadeshopper,

I ordered the XB2.7 and 2 cart PCB but does not ship to my address in Singapore so I aborted the order.

Can you make that happen? You are the owner I presume. Tell me what to do and thanks!

Will checkout the link for NanoPeb. Both products are excellent. Thanks for the replies.

Hi L@K,

I am also in Singapore (15 years), but I live the last 3 years more in Bangkok

(I am there also 10+ years) and fly in / out. The week of 22-26 June I am in

Singapore to conduct training and can meet up in the evening if you want and

synchronise where to get all info.

So far I know there is nobody else in Asia with a TI-99/4A (someone did sent me

an article of a TI-user group which existed .... x years ago, I will see if I can find it).

Tomorrow I am on my way to The Netherlands and meet Schmitzi this weekend

in Germany also to synchronise on all the TI-stuff.

* for the nano-PEB they do not ship to Singapore (but in Europe only), ordering is in French...

but I know the person (give me your e-mail address, that's easier).

I am flying via Belgium (Brussels, if the person is nearby, I will see if I can pick it up

and bring it to Singapore).

* for the XB27, great module, get it from "arcadeshopper" Greg is a great help and

shipped them to Thailand, so Singapore should not be any problem.

I have 2x XB27 here, but I promised to give one to my family member.

(I just managed to find the issue I had with the module (see the other forum), module

is now all okay with the software. Recommended!

Cheers,

Ronald at globeron dot com

• Like 2

Hi Arcadeshopper,

I ordered the XB2.7 and 2 cart PCB but does not ship to my address in Singapore so I aborted the order.

Can you make that happen? You are the owner I presume. Tell me what to do and thanks!

Will checkout the link for NanoPeb. Both products are excellent. Thanks for the replies.

Added Singapore to my flat rate table..

• Like 2

I've been looking for a NanoPEB for a couple years. Why are these so rare? I've got SD readers for Atari, Commodore, Amiga, TRS-80, Apple... but I'm still stuck with nothing for the TI-99.

uhm I've bought 3 or 4 the last couple years.. not hard to find at all.. in stock at stargames, and he puts them on ebay regularly. If you are in the usa he usually will sell one direct or through ebay reasonably quickly..

• Like 1

Obviously I'm not in the USA.

I just searched the Stargames site and found the NanoPEB (strangely it's not listed without searching), added to cart, then when checking out got some message that there is no carrier available. Apparently, they don't deliver to Canada for some reason.

oohhh you're in canada.. that explains it..

Edited by arcadeshopper

Obviously I'm not in the USA.

I just searched the Stargames site and found the NanoPEB (strangely it's not listed without searching), added to cart, then when checking out got some message that there is no carrier available. Apparently, they don't deliver to Canada for some reason.

Helping out here Stargames / Dave, I think he can ship to Canada if you send him an e-mail directly.

He is doing the same to Singapore. Contact Dave at: info@stargames.be

I have been communicating with him and he is fast (and e-mail is in English :-))

• Like 1

Helping out here Stargames / Dave, I think he can ship to Canada if you send him an e-mail directly.

He is doing the same to Singapore. Contact Dave at: info@stargames.be

I have been communicating with him and he is fast (and e-mail is in English :-))

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I could order it for you here to Germany, and then ship it to Canada. just a question of shipping-cost.

Thanks very much for the offer. :) I'll contact Dave first and see what happens.

Is it possible to have the Nano or CF7+ connected to your computer along with the PEB at the same time? The reason that I am asking is that I was wondering if its possible to make backup floppies from Disk images that you would have on the Compact Flash Card.

It may be possible with a Y-cable as long as there is no PEB-32KiB card and the PEB-floppy-controller is set to a different CRU address from the nanoPEB/CF7+. You will probably have to write a special ALC or Forth program to manipulate the different CRU IDs because only the controller with the lowest CRU ID will respond to “DSKn”.

...lee

Is there a product already made for the TI such as a Memory Storage Device to store images on that you can use together with the stock PEB and Floppy Drive?

Yep, a few of us here already use it. It's called the Lotharek HxC Rev. F

You can read about it << HERE >> It's a fantastic device IMHO and well worth the investment.

HxC is something like that. RAMDisks and HFDCs as well...

Actually, you might get the NanoPEB to work with the HFDC, as that can work on different CRU addresses--and then it calls its floppy disks DSK5-DSK8. . .Jut make sure there is no 32K memory and no RS-232 in the PEB. . .

Edited by Ksarul

Actually, you might get the NanoPEB to work with the HFDC, as that can work on different CRU addresses--and then it calls its floppy disks DSK5-DSK8. . .Jut make sure there is no 32K memory and no RS-232 in the PEB. . .

Yep—forgot about the RS232 card!

...lee

You would install the HFDC in the same slot you'd normally put the TI controller in (near the floppies). You'd have to change the DIP switch settings to a different CRU address (on the card). The real problem with this one is GETTING an HFDC though--they are getting very hard to find. . .as they also allow you to use MFM hard drives. . .