IGNORED

OFFICIAL Reservation Thread for Hover Bovver

Good to know.

When will the game be released?

Initially it was said that it would have been out on November/December 2015.

When we announced that we were resuming work on the game, that was our best guess. However, during the summer, Scott was not feeling well, and pretty much did nothing during the entire summer. I'd say we are about 4 to 5 months behind schedule. Regardless, the box has not been printed yet due to delays on pinning down exactly what third game we will be releasing.

Miner 2049er rights are still in the air. Another Dave Akers game is still in the air. A new Carl Mueller game is still in the air. John Doherty quit Intellivision programming. I've not seen any concrete progress on FUBAR. LTO still is working on the soon to be released LTO Flash!, so I haven't been able to pin down another LTO release.

So, more than programming, the final run of boxes is what is really delaying things at the moment. Hover Bovver and Defender of the Crown are both expected in spring/summer 2016......our third game will have a 2017 copyright on the box. The question is just what it will be.

Regarding progress in Hover Bovver.....we are currently working on mapping all 16 levels from the game data in the original. The game mechanics (mowing, hedges, dog, gardener, neighbour) have all been completed. The graphics will be tweaked for different levels. There is no sound at the moment. No high score yet.....no game over...no voice. The nuts and bolts of the whole game are pretty much complete. Intro, credits and game play are all done.

Testing will be done on LTO Flash! when it is ready and I'm sure LTO Flash! will be out if we need some more testers....nevertheless, all of our current testers already have LTO Flash!

• Like 6

I noticed I'm not on the list at all still.. :(

I posted way back but please put me down for a CIB copy. Unfortunately that probably means a higher serial number for me but #155 will work. :)

You request was not listed previously as this list is only for the CIB version. You had stated you were interested in the cart only version. Half-Cut versions of the cart will be upgraded to the full game, but boxes, overlays and manuals will not be sold loose.

All that being said, and now that you have requested the CIB version, I will add you to the reservation list.

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I prefer to cancel my reservation for number 1.

I already paid for 2 boxes with overlays. I won't take another one boxed. If a cart will be released, I will buy it.

I think Marketing tools can be used but I really feel it's too much tools now... ^^

Edited by scalpel
  • Like 1

I already paid for 2 boxes with overlays. I won't take another one boxed. If a cart will be released, I will buy it.

I think Marketing tools can be used but I really feel it's too much tools now... ^^

It's a different box if that makes any difference to you. If you want to use the one for the cancelled version, I certainly won't hold you against it, but it isn't a 'marketing tool'. We have to do a new print run. As I said before, I'll reprogram any 'Half Cut' with the full game for postage. Sending a letter bubble envelope with the circuit board in it from Thailand won't be that much. Probably $2 US. Contact me when the time comes at gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

It's a different box if that makes any difference to you. If you want to use the one for the cancelled version, I certainly won't hold you against it, but it isn't a 'marketing tool'. We have to do a new print run. As I said before, I'll reprogram any 'Half Cut' with the full game for postage. Sending a letter bubble envelope with the circuit board in it from Thailand won't be that much. Probably $2 US. Contact me when the time comes at gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

I will, thanks !

Increase the price for a new release (no, just an update (i'm not talking about HB)) is marketing IMO

... Ask more 'cause the game has a cartridge with specific color is marketing..

... Ask more again to have the number 1, 2 or 3 to 20, it's again marketing.

I don't hate marketing, I teach marketing at the University ^^

It's fine for me to spend $100 or more for a old rare homebrew, it's fine for me to spend a lot for a rare release game I don't have but not for a new homebrew except if you sell it with a specific controller or something it could explain the price.

Edited by scalpel

Well if you are going to cancel my favourite number I suppose I'll grab your spot. :)

Increase the price for a new release (no, just an update (i'm not talking about HB)) is marketing IMO

... Ask more 'cause the game has a cartridge with specific color is marketing..

... Ask more again to have the number 1, 2 or 3 to 20, it's again marketing.

I don't hate marketing, I teach marketing at the University ^^

It's fine for me to spend $100 or more for a old rare homebrew, it's fine for me to spend a lot for a rare release game I don't have but not for a new homebrew except if you sell it with a specific controller or something it could explain the price.

I still remember that William doesn't wanted numbered releases at all. The crowd insisted on numbered releases.

Well if you are going to cancel my favourite number I suppose I'll grab your spot. :)

Great to see one of us is happy ^^

I still remember that William doesn't wanted numbered releases at all. The crowd insisted on numbered releases.

Numbered releases is not a problem if you decide to sell all the games at same price and first arrive first serve (sorry for my English ^^)