IGNORED

OFFICIAL Reservation Thread for Hover Bovver

When I first decided to emulate LTO and get hologram serial number stickers for Elektronite games, it was for two reasons. 1. Inventory control (To know how many copies I made) 2. 'Official Seal' as a sort of 'genuine product' sort of thing. The 'marketing' thing wasn't really in my thinking.

However, it seems now to be mainly about getting specific numbers or low serials.

We've talked about doing clear shells, limited edition overlays and posters for early serial numbers to add 'value' to them. At the risk of having this blow up further......do people here think that would add 'value' to the lower, more expensive serial numbered copies, or cause more 'problems' with resentment?

When I first decided to emulate LTO and get hologram serial number stickers for Elektronite games, it was for two reasons. 1. Inventory control (To know how many copies I made) 2. 'Official Seal' as a sort of 'genuine product' sort of thing. The 'marketing' thing wasn't really in my thinking.

However, it seems now to be mainly about getting specific numbers or low serials.

We've talked about doing clear shells, limited edition overlays and posters for early serial numbers to add 'value' to them. At the risk of having this blow up further......do people here think that would add 'value' to the lower, more expensive serial numbered copies, or cause more 'problems' with resentment?

I like the idea.....but either way is fine....I would pay more for a serial number IF I wanted it, but also be content if I felt any number would do....

Edited by mjarnold7

I hope to see Clear cart shells start to become more of a regular thing rather than limited edition or anything like that. Clear shells are an awesome way to stand out, apart from others. :)

If they turn into a 'regular' thing, then they won't 'stand out, apart from others'.

I think the standard black shell that can hold a short 1/3 size JLP is the 'standard' way that releases in an LTO shell will be done. Clear shells require a more expensive version of the board.

Somehow my point got missed here.. Let me clarify a little more. Nobody else is using clear cartridge shells right now except for Elektronite. Yeah there are exceptions like Christmas Carol that used clear LTO shells on a few copies but that's all I'm aware of.

If Elektronite owns the clear shells and has a mold to make more, I assume you'd be the only publisher using them.. that's how you would stand apart from other publishers, since their cart shells are always black. There are a couple exceptions. Anyways, that's a shame on the cost being more though, so I understand where you're coming from there, not wanting to use them as often.

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

Somehow my point got missed here.. Let me clarify a little more. Nobody else is using clear cartridge shells right now except for Elektronite. Yeah there are exceptions like Christmas Carol that used clear LTO shells on a few copies but that's all I'm aware of.

If Elektronite owns the clear shells and has a mold to make more, I assume you'd be the only publisher using them.. that's how you would stand apart from other publishers, since their cart shells are always black. There are a couple exceptions. Anyways, that's a shame on the cost being more though, so I understand where you're coming from there, not wanting to use them as often.

No, these would be clear LTO shells. The same shells that LTO Flash! will be released in.

Elektronite doesn't own a mould.

• Like 1

Yup!! cable TV doesn't have a chance with all the top notch entertainment we have been having here lately.. We had drama, action, love stories, space adventures, tragedies, battles .... man is the list long.... just grab a beer, have a tune rock'n (playing Framton Comes Alive right now) and the adventure awaits on the intv aa forum...Cheers let the show begin this Saturday night... :) lol cheers

yes, this forum is much like Game of Thrones. I only miss some naked chicks Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

No, these would be clear LTO shells. The same shells that LTO Flash! will be released in.

Elektronite doesn't own a mould.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. :)

I could have swore I saw a clear Mattel style shell somewhere before also, it looked very cool too.

I'm just dreaming here but different colored shells, red, blue, etc would be interesting to see in the future. Lots of CV homebrews have colored shells, which are always in higher demand over black. Again,Just thinking out loud, don't mind me. :)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. :)

I could have swore I saw a clear Mattel style shell somewhere before also, it looked very cool too.

I'm just dreaming here but different colored shells, red, blue, etc would be interesting to see in the future. Lots of CV homebrews have colored shells, which are always in higher demand over black. Again,Just thinking out loud, don't mind me. :)

yeah i thought there was a not very see through clear blue mattel style cart out there??

yeah i thought there was a not very see through clear blue mattel style cart out there??

Yes, there is. It is a prototype of a mould that was created by a friend. He's not done anything with it, nor has he done a shell run. Negotiations broke down for a run to be completed. I'm not bothering anymore....just going to use LTO shells from now on.

My 2 cents. Serial numbers only have any relevance on limited edition runs. The 6 in 6/50 is meaningless, it's the 50 that has meaning. Knowing you have 1 of only 50 in the world is special. Use serial numbers only when you can guarantee a set limited production run.

You may be right , but don't you think 1 of 100 or 1 of 200 or what ever that 1 of amount is... are limited runs as well..

Its not like hundreds and hundreds ,or even in the thousands are being produced.. Ever Homebrew in my Opinion is a limited run... I mean its expensive and hard to find homebrews that were released 10 months ago...

Just my humble opinion...

• Like 1

Ever Homebrew in my Opinion is a limited run... I mean its expensive and hard to find homebrews that were released 10 months ago...

It depends on the platform. My two 7800 games, Worm! and Wasp!, have both been available in the AA store for around 6 years now. Every year people still buy them. The sales per year are nowhere near as many as the first couple of cart runs (obviously), but small numbers are still there.

It depends on the platform. My two 7800 games, Worm! and Wasp!, have both been available in the AA store for around 6 years now. Every year people still buy them. The sales per year are nowhere near as many as the first couple of cart runs (obviously), but small numbers are still there.

Yes your right about depending on the platform , but basically I was just referring to the Intellivision Homebrews scene...

• Like 1

I like the idea of clear shells, but only for use with either:

1. Holiday themed games with coordinated lighting.

2. Any game featuring Sharks with friggin laser beams attached to their eyes.

Regarding serials, lots of good points have been made. My only suggestion would be that a nice addition to low serials at higher prices would be CE bonus materials (specialty packaging, variant components, artwork, prototypes, concept art, etc).