IGNORED

OFFICIAL Reservation Thread for Hover Bovver

Or the subject is changed when the moral high-ground is lost. :P

Amusing that you talk about 'moral high ground' and 'passive aggressive innuendo' when you are a master of passive aggressive innuendo.

Implying, that I cheated people who bought a limited edition box by not actually destroying the excess is low. And, then to imply that I will reuse that excess to save on reprinting costs is even lower.

You are a small man not only in stature, but in character.

• Like 1

It's ironic that the fact the new box says "Bee free" makes if forever associated with GB, so it's not really Bee free at all. Hoping it was just a joke, as I prefer the original box design.

Yes, it was a joke. Sort of. And, I agree with you in as much as I prefer the original box design as well.

The game will ship with the original FRONT cover as originally planned. Not because I care about what any of you think about a 'knock' on Groovy Bee, but because I prefer it that way.

The reason it was changed was because of innuendo by DZ that this game would be using the original box and that I 'cheated' people by falsely claiming that they were destroyed.

Despite the fact that the BACK of the box would have new screen shots, new programmer name, new box copy, new copyright dates, I felt that someone who stooped so low as to try and imply such a thing before it was even printed, wouldn't care about lying about it once it WAS printed. Not changing the FRONT would give him this opportunity. So, I instructed my artist to change the front cover......I said 'mirror it, or put a sign on the wall'........I thought he would do one or the other but he did both and sent the result to Tim.

I decided that I don't like the new version mirrored. I would have to change the manual cover as well and I don't want to do that. I also decided that I don't want the sign on the wall either.

The sign knocked a guy who took $2000 US from me for a milestone ROM that he claimed was 'two complete levels'. It was so badly done it didn't have sound, or even all the working elements. You can try it here for free. I can only imagine that it was some scam to get the cash in hand before doing any actual work on the game.

I know that a lot of you don't give a flying crap that I paid $2000 for something that shoddy or that he claims I cheated him out of $4000 and refused to give me my money back. Yeah, I know you are reading this Mark. Don't even bother getting into it. I'm not interested. Just finish the games you took $$$ for and prove to everyone that you aren't some shyster.

As for you 'Douchey'.....yeah, that's what people call you behind your back James.....why don't you just stop trying to prove that I am some nefarious 'greedy and exploitive publisher'. You are just showing what kind of person you really are.

half_cut_w_splash.zip

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
  • Like 2

I know that a lot of you don't give a flying crap that I paid $2000 for something that shoddy or that he claims I cheated him out of $4000 and refused to give me my money back. Yeah, I know you are reading this Mark. Don't even bother getting into it. I'm not interested. Just finish the games you took $$$ for and prove to everyone that you aren't some shyster.

Not finished eh? Still claiming that bullshit are we :roll:. Here is a video of the first 2 levels being played :-

For anybody that wants to read how it all went sour start here :-

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/217049-elektronites-blackmail-attempt/

And this is where I met Jeff Minter and he played the game :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217606-yak-plays-a-game/

The game is fully complete with 16 levels and 2 player mode and just needed the word BETA removing from the title page, level select limited to the first 8 (like the original game) and the voices replacing. All that would have taken a few hours work.

I see that our good ol' friend is back and instead of addressing 10 pages of comments by others, he went straight for me. I know you like to follow me around, but it's a bit creepy. :-o

As for you 'Douchey'.....yeah, that's what people call you behind your back James.....why don't you just stop trying to prove that I am some nefarious 'greedy and exploitive publisher'. You are just showing what kind of person you really are.

attachicon.gifhalf_cut_w_splash.zip

Name calling, really?

Besides, the limited sales and the highly volatile comments in this and a couple of other threads show that people have seen exactly what kind of person you really are.

-dZ.

• Like 1

Not finished eh? Still claiming that bullshit are we :roll:. Here is a video of the first 2 levels being played :-

For anybody that wants to read how it all went sour start here :-

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/217049-elektronites-blackmail-attempt/

And this is where I met Jeff Minter and he played the game :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217606-yak-plays-a-game/

The game is fully complete with 16 levels and 2 player mode and just needed the word BETA removing from the title page, level select limited to the first 8 (like the original game) and the voices replacing. All that would have taken a few hours work.

Now trying to re-frame things to say that you would have replaced the voices? We might have actually come to a deal. Too bad you are two years too late.

Trying to re-frame the '2 working level' scam as 'bullshit' by showing the work you did later? The fact remains that when you blew up at me for not paying you 10 days after you started and claimed that you had reached the milestone of '2 working levels' shows anyone that cares to load the 'milestone rom' (included in half cut posted above) that you minimally completed (without sound or working dog) '2 working levels' so you could collect your 2 grand. Yes, you can mow 2 lawns, and the level 'ends' but I don't think many reasonable people aside from your crew of supporters, would deem that to be worthy of being paid for half of the game (The other $2000 you claim to be shorted was a bonus based on sales of 200 copies initially)...but then anyone can see that as you've graciously provided them with all the details. I can only imagine you did it to get the 2 grand before you did any substantial work on the game....am I right?

Your later YouTube video showed nothing that shows 2 player completion or all 16 levels. Had it, and had you actually agreed to swap out the bad voices for actual Intellivision voices 2 years ago, I might have figured out a way to publish the game despite you never letting me actually play it before demanding payment in full (Including the sales bonus). However, you obviously didn't trust me and I didn't trust you. Why would I when you claimed the milestone rom was '2 working levels' and you didn't later put the proper voices in there as requested?

At one point, I was willing to let YOU publish the game and walk away. All you had to do was give me my money back. I tried to broker the deal through Rev and Cmart. I heard nothing back and they balked at it. I occasionally see posts implying that you were cheated of $4000 ....that and your silence could only mean that you had no intention of refunding me the $2000 for the rights to publish the game.

However, it is all water under the bridge. I've got money tied up in overlays and art. I'm bringing the game to market. It won't have any knocks against you on the cover. I've already explained why.

Or, is there any reason that I could halt production and work on voices for your game?

• Like 1

I see that our good ol' friend is back and instead of addressing 10 pages of comments by others, he went straight for me. I know you like to follow me around, but it's a bit creepy. :-o

Name calling, really?

Besides, the limited sales and the highly volatile comments in this and a couple of other threads show that people have seen exactly what kind of person you really are.

-dZ.

Ah, there you go with innuendo. "Creepy"? Is that all you got? "Following you around?" Right.

Name calling? Kind of. Just informing you that your behaviour is earning you a well earned nickname.

And, your final comment ....coming from a guy who makes a little girl cry over his game. Classic.

• Like 1

Ah, there you go with innuendo. "Creepy"? Is that all you got? "Following you around?" Right.

That wasn't innuendo. You came back to this thread after your long absence apparently to respond to me (out of all the other people in this thread who have voiced their opinion). You claimed that you changed the design of the box because I would supposedly lie about it even when it was printed and people had it in their hands (?).

For all your name calling and personal attacks, it seems that you attribute on me some great influence over others, and that even you make decisions based on my actions. That's rather flattering... in a creepy sort of way. :lol:

Edited by DZ-Jay

Now trying to re-frame things to say that you would have replaced the voices? We might have actually come to a deal. Too bad you are two years too late.

After you make full and final payment and do your own testing on the ROM then if you don't like anything in the game or your beta testers find any bugs then I'll happily resolve those issues. If you want additions to the game then some things may not be technically achievable due to the game's engine CPU cycle usage or the limitations of the Intellivision itself.

:roll:

Revisionist history bullshit

That wasn't innuendo. You came back to this thread after your long absence apparently to respond to me (out of all the other people in this thread who have voiced their opinion). You claimed that you changed the design of the box because I would supposedly lie about it even when it was printed and people had it in their hands (?).

For all your name calling and personal attacks, it seems that you attribute on me some great influence over others, and that even you make decisions based on my actions. That's rather flattering... in a creepy sort of way. :lol:

I don't think you know what innuendo really means. Here's a link.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innuendo

For all the big words you try to use, you really should bone up on them.

Clearly you are trying to imply that I'm following you around like some deranged crazy person. Innuendo. You are a master of it. You should at least know what the definition of it is.

The only 'influence' you seem to have has been negative. I am going to publish the game with the original cover on a new box. If you dare to imply again that I've reused boxes that I claimed were destroyed, like you've already done, I hope that people call you on it for the bullshit that you imply about me.

I really think that you are mentally ill. Seriously. Should I tell people WHY you think that I'm some nefarious force in the Intellivision world? People always ask me why you have it in for me.......they'll never believe it.

After you make full and final payment and do your own testing on the ROM then if you don't like anything in the game or your beta testers find any bugs then I'll happily resolve those issues. If you want additions to the game then some things may not be technically achievable due to the game's engine CPU cycle usage or the limitations of the Intellivision itself.

:roll:

Revisionist history bullshit

Yup. You are good at it.

I know it is in there. You flat out refused to change the voices. I won't bother finding it in previous messages to remind you.

No matter. You've ignored my final offer to bring your game out. I'll continue with my version.

Name calling? Kind of. Just informing you that your behaviour is earning you a well earned nickname.

It really is of no consequence to me what names are given me by your continuously diminishing circle of friends, or the absolute strangers from your Facebook page that have never even interacted with me.

It's strange that you would think that mentioning what "others" call me behind my back would somewhat offend me, as if we were in highschool. :roll:

I don't think you know what innuendo really means. Here's a link.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innuendo

For all the big words you try to use, you really should bone up on them.

Clearly you are trying to imply that I'm following you around like some deranged crazy person. Innuendo. You are a master of it. You should at least know what the definition of it is.

The only 'influence' you seem to have has been negative. I am going to publish the game with the original cover on a new box. If you dare to imply again that I've reused boxes that I claimed were destroyed, like you've already done, I hope that people call you on it for the bullshit that you imply about me.

I really think that you are mentally ill. Seriously. Should I tell people WHY you think that I'm some nefarious force in the Intellivision world? People always ask me why you have it in for me.......they'll never believe it.

More personal attacks. Should we rename the thread title?

And just for the record, I do not think you are some "nefarious force in the Intellivision world." I just think you are an opportunist with little scruples who would stand at nothing to get what he wants, even exploiting others, and who resorts to very public martyrdom and ad hominem attacks when things don't go your way.

I just have little respect for people like that.

• Like 1

And just for the record, I do not think you are some "nefarious force in the Intellivision world." I just think you are an opportunist with little scruples who would stand at nothing to get what he wants, even exploiting others, and who resorts to very public martyrdom and ad hominem attacks when things don't go your way.

I just have little respect for people like that.

I have no time to reply. I find your description of me very amusing.

I think I'll have to tell people why you feel that way. (You told me in email) They'll think you are looney tunes.