IGNORED

My Atari 8-bit Role Call

simbalion

Having gotten rid of all my A8 gear back in the 90s (sob!), I got inspired and decided to get back into it using emulators after having met Nolan Bushnell at a developer conference in 2010. As of last year, I'm SLOWLY acquiring some hardware:

800 48K

600XL

XEGS

All stock.

This year, I'd like to add disk drives and perhaps mod the 600XL with as many upgrades as can fit in the case. :)

Maybe you, Atari Geezer, and myself should compare notes. We might have carts that each other is looking for.

I was thinking that Atari Passion was slightly ahead of me. I believe he has Exidy's 8-bit demo cart and First Star astro chase cart :(

I'm something like 383 unique carts (almost 3/4 CIB/NIB that were boxed, etc.), another 30-50 in prototypes and remakes, another 10-30 in variations.

Then almost 3/4 again as loose duplicates. And another 50+ laying around.

I'm getting ready to re-release the cart rarity guide with a few more found carts.

Well, unfortunately carts are one thing I do not collect.

• 3 weeks later...

800xl x 3

800 x 3, one with JN monintor

600xl x 2

1064xl

130xe

xegs

1050 x 3. happy, superarchiver, supermax.

xf551 x 3.one duel drive.

410 x 2 not working

xp10

indusgt

850 x 2

xep80

1200xl

810 x 2

xmm801

apeface

MIO 1meg

BlackBox with everything except for parity mod

1090xl. empty and no top

super e burner

sio2usb

Big power supply made from a earlier PC to supply dc for things that require it. also has 2 high current 9vac in same unit.

many carts.

James

Edited by sup8pdct

I gotta ask.

I apologize already as it will sound extremely rude but what's up with the dick swinging?

Why the need to list every piece of junk in your possession? And once you see someone doing it why bother replying in spades with an even longer list? Bigger dick or something?

[yes I belong to the short dick men tribe and we're proud of saying "it ain't all about the size of the boat, it's about the motion in the ocean" but the day I saw a Lexington Steele movie I had a very bad day]

Seriously I like that so many people care for the old clunkers but c'mon listing power bricks .... really?

What's next? The number of replacement contact domes in your possession for your precious CX-40?

I have 10 bought them here http://console5.com/store/parts/joystick-parts.html

Again I apologize for the "low blow" I just really don't get it and apparently it annoys me.

post-19107-0-49149400-1435392348_thumb.pngpost-19107-0-67817600-1435392470_thumb.pngpost-19107-0-79379700-1435392509_thumb.pngpost-19107-0-94886500-1435392546_thumb.pngI haven't got any of my old Atari 800 etc hardware - which I sold off in the early 90s' and have only the disks/cassettes of the 2 games I worked on back then.

While I have been working on the graphics for AtariBLAST! (formerly named GTIABlast!) using the Altirra emulator on a laptop PC - I did realise I do need to see this game running on the original hardware - to be sure of how the graphics/etc actually looks - just to be sure, I am getting the best possible from the hardware. I'm expecting a donated NTSC machine soon - but I'm a bit worried that my old Sony 28" CRT (that last one Sony made) may not display the NTSC signal correctly? since it's a PAL TV. If that's the case - then I'll have to keep on using Altirra on my 40" Samsung LCD TV.

I am hopeful that AB! will help keep some old Atari's from being junked/thrown out - because it will work with 16k machines - although you need to buy a new flashcart to run it from.

I'm hopeful that the latest version of AB! will drop jaws again - as there's been considerable progress - since the last official demo of it. Final playtesting/adjustment etc is still some time away but it's looking pretty good.

I'm not sure how to include screenshots here - hopefully I have managed to attach them?

Harvey

• Like 4

????

If this is how you see it, I truly feel sorry for you.

Junk ???? You have a right to say that but I am sure others including me will disagree.

Re power brick. I went to quite a bit of trouble to make that. Sourcing a large box Adding power outlets for a monitor, making custom cables etc which i am quite proud of. Dismissing it out of hand i truly find deeply offensive.

James

I gotta ask.

I apologize already as it will sound extremely rude but what's up with the dick swinging?

Why the need to list every piece of junk in your possession? And once you see someone doing it why bother replying in spades with an even longer list? Bigger dick or something?

[yes I belong to the short dick men tribe and we're proud of saying "it ain't all about the size of the boat, it's about the motion in the ocean" but the day I saw a Lexington Steele movie I had a very bad day]

Seriously I like that so many people care for the old clunkers but c'mon listing power bricks .... really?
What's next? The number of replacement contact domes in your possession for your precious CX-40?
I have 10 bought them here http://console5.com/store/parts/joystick-parts.html

Again I apologize for the "low blow" I just really don't get it and apparently it annoys me.

You're right. It is rude, and short sighted too. By the way, an apology made in advance of doing something the apology is for, is not really a sincere apology. This is a place where people should feel welcome and even encouraged to bring up all the Atari or retro stuff they have, have had, or perhaps even had the experience of using if they wish to share. That's so because there are lots of people here who actually just love talking about such things. I know I enjoy learning something about a product that I didn't have but was curious about. It seems lots of us here are that way. Aren't you too?

Edited by fujidude

You're right. It is rude, and short sighted too. By the way, an apology made in advance of doing something the apology is for, is not really a sincere apology. This is a place where people should feel welcome and even encouraged to bring up all the Atari or retro stuff they have, have had, or perhaps even had the experience of using if they wish to share. That's so because there are lots of people here who actually just love talking about such things. I know I enjoy learning something about a product that I didn't have but was curious about. It seems lots of us here are that way. Aren't you too?

with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on. - Ricky Bobby. :)

It really doesn't make it better :)

... and yet I feel like some of the lists are there only as a show off ...

... my bad ...

Side note:

It reminds me of some forums about consoles in which the signature started listing every single console down to the particular model number with every single mod applied to every and each of them and multiplier that every poster had.

Imagine a conversation where after each sentence I vomit all that and you see how it looks.

Back on topic:

... once more, my bad for not getting it ...

... oh and the talk of guns mixed in with it ... what do you make of that?

AK-47 to defend my Atari stash!!!! ... you would seriously kill someone after that? I guess you don't value life much.

Personal - 800xl with 1mb , stereo, pal antic, pal GTIA, MyIdeII, SIO to SD. 600xl stereo, Indus GT.

For sale ( in shop )

48k 400 - 6

800 - 2

600xl - 64k monitor port - 6

800xl - 6

XEGS - 3 new

1200xl - 7

Indus GT - 3

Happy 1050 1 left

-- all in various degrees of restoration / upgradation --

Too many carts to list, and some secret stuff I'm working on

People aren't showing off, they are celebrating their shared interests. Some of the lists might make someone feel jealous (it does me for some of them), but since we are in a thread specifically for showing off lists, attributing that to an intent on the part of the poster is a logic error.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1

... and yet I feel like some of the lists are there only as a show off ...

... my bad ...

Side note:

It reminds me of some forums about consoles in which the signature started listing every single console down to the particular model number with every single mod applied to every and each of them and multiplier that every poster had.

Imagine a conversation where after each sentence I vomit all that and you see how it looks.

I'll stand with anyone who thinks that kind of thing, posted over and over and over again in a signature, is over the top. I think it's okay to bring it up here or there though to add to a topic.

Edited by fujidude

with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on. - Ricky Bobby. :)

That's your opinion of course, and you are welcome to have it. But it's not a fact.

400 16k

400 48k

800 stock

800 stock

800 w/Incognito

1200XL

1200XL w/256k and 32-in-1 OS

600XL stock

600XL stock boxed

600XL w/64k and composite video

800XL

65XE

65XE boxed

130XE

XEGS

Commodore 1702

810 Tandon x2

810 MPI x2

1050 x3 (one boxed)

XF551

Indus GT x2

410 x3

1010 x2

PR Connection boxed

ATR8000

SX212 boxed

XEP80 boxed

FullView 80 card

Intec 32k card

Axlon Rampower 32k card

Okimate 10 boxed

1020 boxed

CX77 Touch Tablet x2

box of assorted joysticks and paddles

127 (at last count) unique 8-bit cartridges

5200 with 34 unique cartridges

Edited by adam242

Wow, some you have, or have had, a lot of different 8-bit computers. I'll list the stuff I have had (well at least what I can remember):

• 600XL
  • 800XL - 1st stock, then modded to include RAMbo-XL and chroma-luma video
  • R-Time 8
  • SDX
  • Mac/65
  • Action!
  • BASIC-XL
  • 1050 - later upgraded to Happy
  • 1050 - later upgraded to US Doubler
  • CX85? - the numeric keypad
  • Many assorted game carts
  • A number of different joysticks, both Atari and after market
  • An Atari track ball
  • Black Box with 64K and case (unfortunately never got around to adding the floppy board) - the "case" was pretty lame, but better than naked board I guess.
  • Atari BASIC cart (rev A) - because rev B in my 800XL was even worse!
  • Atari paddle controllers
  • Atari 2600 racing type paddle controllers (I think came with Indy 500 or something)
  • XM301
  • SX212
  • PR:Connection
  • Star NX-10
  • Star NX-1000
  • XEP80
  • Zenith Data Systems monitor which supported chroma/luma.
  • Magnavox amber monochrome monitor for use with XEP80
  • Probably more things I cannot remember right now

2 x 1200XL (ClearPic 2002 and OS mods)

1 x 400 w/48K and S-video

2 x 800 stock

2 x SDRIVE (NUXX & SDRIVE Micro)

2 x SIO2SD (Lotharek and SIO2SDmicro/SIO2PC)

1 x Atarimax SIO2USB

2 x 1010

1 x 850 Interface

1 x 855 Keypad

2 x Printer interfaces

• rank_joysticks_6.gif
  • 1,091 posts

Posted Today, 1:48 PM

Atari8bitCarts, on 27 Jun 2015 - 1:27 PM, said:snapback.png

That's your opinion of course, and you are welcome to have it. But it's not a fact.

What! I'm on your side :)

I thought it was incredibly funny that they qualified what they had to say with an apology in advance.

Hence the "it really doesn't make it better" statement.

• Like 1

some miscounting in my original response:

found some stuff i didn't know i had - so complete list is:-

3x 800XL - stock

800XL - 256k rambo (with dead 32-in-1)

1200XL - with Ultimate 1mb

2x 65XE

130XE

4x 800XEs (one with 576xe upgrade)

2x 1050 happy drives

2x indus GT (one faulty)

Rana 1000