IGNORED

My Atari 8-bit Role Call

simbalion

Harvey,

AtariBlast makes for a great showcase of what A8 machines can do. I always have it on my maxflash when I go to conventions with my A8 gear.

Nice to know this - as I don't get much feedback as to how it is received?

I've come almost full circle - in that back in the day, I was one to carry all my gear to computer meetings/expos and running the latest demos/etc I had... to be able to modify some of these amazing graphics and make use of them - is something special to me.

Also where is a game, in which you shoot up Amiga balls and boxes - amongst a whole load of other stuff...

Harvey

• rank_joysticks_6.gif
  • 1,091 posts

Posted Today, 1:48 PM

Atari8bitCarts, on 27 Jun 2015 - 1:27 PM, said:snapback.png

What! I'm on your side :)

I thought it was incredibly funny that they qualified what they had to say with an apology in advance.

Hence the "it really doesn't make it better" statement.

Sorry, I misinterpreted. :-o

Big power supply made from a earlier PC to supply dc for things that require it. also has 2 high current 9vac in same unit.

Re power brick. I went to quite a bit of trouble to make that. Sourcing a large box Adding power outlets for a monitor, making custom cables etc which i am quite proud of. Dismissing it out of hand i truly find deeply offensive.

James

I've often thought about creating something similar to what you've described. I'd love to see a few pictures of what you've come up with.

C'mon, show it off!

I just got back into it after many years, having given away everything I had to Curt Vendel about 12-13 years ago (new wife and kids wanted the space for an extra bedroom). So here's my extremely short list...

2x XEGS (thanks to recent purchases from B&C)

I'm sure more will come my way :roll:

• Like 1

rear view

post-9587-0-99045200-1435479443_thumb.jpg

Grey wire on left is power in.One fuse is for the power outlet. Other is for everything else.

Front view

post-9587-0-58844300-1435479565_thumb.jpg

Small round on lower left is for black box. The XLR circular with pins have Gnd, +5 and +12, The 2 with holes have Gnd and +5v

The 3 leds are connected to -5,+5 and PG lines. On lower right in terminal block are from left to right are +6v, 9vAC @ 1.2 A and 2 x 9vAC @3.5 A

Side view

post-9587-0-85975900-1435479971_thumb.jpg

Also makes good monitor stand.

I have powered my 1050 directly from +5 and +12. Also floppy mechs for BB and ATR8000 and indus GT from 12v. XL from the 5V only.

Also planned to power my hard drives and adaptor boards from it as well

Way more outlets then what I have used I know. Nothing like over kill :)

James

• Like 2

I just got back into it after many years, having given away everything I had to Curt Vendel about 12-13 years ago (new wife and kids wanted the space for an extra bedroom). So here's my extremely short list...

2x XEGS (thanks to recent purchases from B&C)

I'm sure more will come my way :roll:

Well it appears that Atari Christmas came early this year. From a very good friend of mine that will remain nameless for the moment (don't want to incite a raid on his house), my collection has grown a bit larger. So the new role call is as follows...

Atari Hardware

• 2x XEGS
  • 2x 1050 (one working, and one not)
  • 1x 1200XL
  • 1x MAC/65 (ver 1.0) cart
  • 1x Basic XL (ver 1.02) Cart
  • 1x Atari Assembler Editor Cart
  • 1x Cartridge Flip'N'File

Atari Software

• Dos 2.0S
  • MyDos 4.5
  • SpartaDos 3.2

Soon to be associated with Atari stuff (via new TransKey interface board -- in development)

• 3x genuine IBM 'Model M' PS2 Keyboard
  • 3x Microsoft PS2 Mouse

I'll be adding an SIO2PC very soon.

So it looks like I am now very well equipped to do some basic development on the Atari 8-bit classic computers.

Edited by mytekcontrols
  • Like 1

So far I have:

48K Atari 400 w/ SIO2SD

48K Atari 800 that needs a new keyboard

576K Atari 800XL w/ IDEPlus 2.0 Rev D

320K 600XL (RAM 320XL)

Stock 130XE

Happy 1050, SIO2PC and an Atari 850 with a Precidia IPocket232 interface hooked up

Edited by kogden