IGNORED

Upgrade to XBox One Questions

SoulBlazer

If anyone wants in, just put down your GT here and I'll add you to my friends list and see if I can get you signed up. It sometimes takes like 48 hours to get into the Preview Program.

I'd like to take a peak at this Preview Program.

GamerTag - KeeprOfLindblum

I'd like to say thanks for the opportunity to get in!

Your post reminded me of a feature that I was hoping to see pop up with these next gen consoles, which doesn't seem to have happened. And that's the ability to customize names on your friend's list.

To me, I'd immediately know who Austin is on my friends list. But chances are, I'd forget who dkZM is in pretty short order since it's your AA username that I'm familiar with.

I hope Sony and Microsoft consider implementing such functionality, one of these days.

Edited by Atariboy

Your post reminded me of a feature that I was hoping to see pop up with these next gen consoles, which doesn't seem to have happened. And that's the ability to customize names on your friend's list..

That would be nice, for sure. I too forget who some of the people are on my list because their names don't match names I'm already familiar with.

For me, I've thought about changing my gamer tag. I think that's something that can be done, right?

• Like 1

Supposedly preview members can stream xb1 games to windows 10 machines now too. I tried yesterday but the laptop I have windows 10 on needed updating. I will try tomorrow. If anyone wants in the preview program my gamertag is Bilnick

For me, I've thought about changing my gamer tag. I think that's something that can be done, right?

For ten dollars the last I looked.

That's another thing that needs to be changed. I don't want people changing their username every week, which inevitably happens when that ability is opened up with no restrictions.

But once every few years, or at least a one time change of username per account that's on the house, would seem to be in order.

You can have it so that your first name shows up next to your GT.

I added Austin and Keeper to my friends list and sent out a request to add both of you to the preview program.

Now to fire up some Elite Dangerous!! :-D

Thank you, sir! I may not be able to check it until the weekend, but I really appreciate it!

I had six or seven games waiting to be installed on my One last night (granted, several were ones I'd gotten free with Gold on the 360).

The only one I tried was Geometry Wars but I didn't notice any difference.

Regardless, I'm happy and hopefully more of my old XBLA titles will show up soon.

Was just trying ME and GWE and damn do they run nicely. MS might have hit it out of the park with this one...

If anyone has a spare invite, I'd love to have one. My gamertag is "BillLog". Thanks! (also feel free to send friend requests)

Since I just came here to say how cool this is - done :D It'll take some time for you to receive an invite message and then some more time after for your console to register and receive the update. In my case about 36 hours for the first and probably another 20 or so for the update.

• Like 1

Since I just came here to say how cool this is - done :D It'll take some time for you to receive an invite message and then some more time after for your console to register and receive the update. In my case about 36 hours for the first and probably another 20 or so for the update.

Thank you so much!

Bill,

Just curious, are you going to do a revision or a sequel to your, 'My Xbox One' book when the XB1 OS is updated?

No, and I don't think the publisher would be interested either. It was frustrating releasing it the first time, because they were doing monthly updates, so by the time the book hit the shelves, it was already a few revisions behind. They're going to keep up the monthly update thing, so there's really no practical way to do a book. It would have to be a different type of thing like a regularly updated Website or something, a la what Paul Thurrott does with the Windows Phone and Xbox Music stuff. Otherwise, it would have to be revised in a way that it doesn't really become dated, and that would be rather difficult.

If anyone could be so kind as to add me as well. I'd love to be apart of the preview program. I thank you so much in advance if I get someone to add me. My GT is atarinerd93

Send me your copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and I'll add you. j/k :grin: I sent in a request for you to be added to the Preview Program. Lots of good stuff going on in the Preview Program right now, with backwards compatibility, Gears of War re-master multiplayer and the full game of Elite Dangerous for a reduced price.

Send me your copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and I'll add you. j/k :grin: I sent in a request for you to be added to the Preview Program. Lots of good stuff going on in the Preview Program right now, with backwards compatibility, Gears of War re-master multiplayer and the full game of Elite Dangerous for a reduced price.

When I find one for 5 bucks I'll let you know! :rolling: I'm still looking myself. Thank you!

Edited by segasaturn