IGNORED

TI-99 Atarisoft end of cart labels

PeBo

Always looking for (lame?) ways to contribute, and I had some spare time today.

Sooo, I decided to create end of cart labels for the atarisoft cartridge collection. They are the most easily stacked carts since they are flat, but it's useless to do so, since there are no end of cart labels to know what's what.

I didn't do one for Robotron or Superstorm since I wasn't sure if the boards required for a hummingbird eprom would fit in an atarisoft case. Also didn't do Joust because, well does anyone reaidng this actually HAVE Joust? (to those who respond yes, I respond; « B@ST@RD! »)

It was a creative decision not to have them fit right across the available space (I also noticed that some of my atarisoft carts have an etched outline of where a second label was likely planned, and I thought it just looked better to size them to fit that.)

I've attached them as a bmp file (so as not to be lossy), and also have them saved in CDR format if someone has CorelDraw Suite and would like the layered images for ease of editing.

HIGHLY recommend printing them on glossy stock. They just look better.

Hope someone can use them.

atari cart labels.bmp

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 12

Always looking for (lame?) ways to contribute, and I had some spare time today.

Hope someone can use them.

Hey PeBo, there is NOTHING lame about this contribution! Thanks, they look FANTASTIC!

You HOPE someone can use them? Hell dude, I bet printers are busy right now, considering how many times it's already been downloaded! :thumbsup:

--- EDIT ---

Now if you pardon me, I have to go rip the labels off my cartridges, print up yours and then put them on!

L8R!

I like em'!

gallery_35324_1027_5498.jpg

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 2

Man, and I thought I was bad at using scissors! :lol:

post-13896-0-63550900-1433980650_thumb.jpg

post-13896-0-34122600-1433981102_thumb.jpg

….thanks again PeBo! Ran these off on my laser at 100% (default .bmp shows 199%) on regular paper and was happy with the results. Used double sided tape to affix. Blows away the plain white and black text I had been using for the past 15 years via a label maker. :love:

IF you noticed Picnic Paranoia is missing, it's because, well… that game sucks and refuse to let it tarnish my collection! :rolling:

• Like 2

Thanks Ω but...

...'cmon, compared to Capital «C» contributions from folks like Tursi or Gazoo or Rasmus...or how about the kick ass ToD editor from Fritz442 or Chris Schneider's newsletter (think about it a monthly newsletter for the 4A IN 20-FRIGGIN-15!)

I'm probably missing dozens of others who's offerings go far beyond cutting and pasting found art!

Are they good? Ya, I thought they turned out pretty damned schweet (if I didn't I wouldn't have posted them ). So don't misunderstand "lame" as an annoying false sense of modisty, think of it within the context of what other folks bring to the table.

They brought caviar,red wine and fine cheeses. I brought fritos!

NOW! Ω...DUDE!! I love ya like a brother, but you've really gotta get yourself an exacto-knife and stainless steel ruler!

(Rule of labels: Blades Good, Scissors Bad)

<evil grin>

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Man, and I thought I was bad at using scissors! :lol:

IF you noticed Picnic Paranoia is missing, it's because, well… that game sucks and refuse to let it tarnish my collection! :rolling:

Yeah, well... I tried a new cutting method, I blew it. I'll remake them later.

Loved the comment about Picnic Paranoia.

Sounds like a neat concept for a new video game, Yogi Bear trying to protect his pic-a-nick basket from the Ranger.

yogipicnicbasket.gif

• Like 2

Yes, it really does suck doesn't it...I remembered it as so much more fun.

• Like 1

NOW! Ω...DUDE!! I love ya like a brother, but you've really gotta get yourself an exacto-knife and stainless steel ruler!

(Rule of labels: Blades Good, Scissors Bad)

<evil grin>

Sad thing is, that's the new cutting method I used! :_(

My eyes are not what they used to be. I'll try again later and show you proof that all your good efforts were not wasted on this 'cutting slob'. I'm going to go hide my head in shame now....

save2600... LOVE the cart rack! You make that? Repurpose a tape rack?

Yep, repurposed a Napa Valley cassette rack, that just in fact, I found today while garage sailing. $2ea. and they had 4 of 'em! Cassette racks are nice to use with TI carts so long as you don't place one cart atop another. Atarisoft carts you can, but the regular TI shells and others are a little too fat and won't be stable.

Sad thing is, that's the new cutting method I used! :_(

It's actually my fault, when I laid them out as a single sheet to post, I had intended to send the individual labels as a zip file...when I was finished brain farting, I came up with this revision which should make cutting much simpler.

(smaller file size too)

atari cart labels2.bmp

• Like 5

I have several of those Napa Valley Cassette storage units--they are great. You got them for much better prices than the eBay price too, as they run $30-$50 each there. I found my first one in a thrift store for $3, but the other two were $35 each. . .

I have several of those Napa Valley Cassette storage units--they are great. You got them for much better prices than the eBay price too, as they run $30-$50 each there. I found my first one in a thrift store for $3, but the other two were $35 each. . .

Yeah, I have been digging around here looking for one. I would love to take my carts out of the craft cases in which I have them stored and display them properly.

These are really wonderful! If I my make a suggestion however, would it be better if the background was something other than white? It just seems a bit too vivid to my eyes...

Actually, although it does look white in the photos, I believe folks will attest that they print a silver-gray (printe at 300 dpi on glossy paper, it looks KINDA similar to the colour stock Atari silver labels), changing the background colour (actually the foreground layer XORed to look like it is behind the logos) is easy though. If you'd prefer a different colour let me know, and I'll PM it to you (don't want to clog this thread with a bunch of slight-variants).

Well PeBo, I'm losing my touch, this is the best I could do...

Actually much much better. I'll award a silver star.

And dont worry... I've lost my touch, hearing, eyesight, wasteline and mind (would have lost my heart too, but they just keep replacing parts...think it is more bovine than human these days)

and don't even ask about various body functions...they might not be lost, but they sure don't "function" like they used to!

save 2600,

I also agree that those cassette racks are kick-a$$! I've also found that 8track rack slots are a perfect height to hold standard TI carts (altough a wee bit deep). Have to come up with a solution myself as things are getting tight in my current stop-gap storage solution. Probably build something custom (meaning visit a cabinet maker friend of mine with a couple 20's, a 40 ouncer of Canadian Club and a sample cart case.)

One thing is certain, TI did not anticipate the collector mentality of displaying our carts when they came up with the design.

• 8 months later...

One thing is certain, TI did not anticipate the collector mentality of displaying our carts when they came up with the design.

You got that right! You know though, with 3D printer technology someone could come up with an awesome design (if they knew HOW to lay out the instruction "stl file). There is a guy here in the TI section that gets to use the HIGH QUALITY 3D printer at his place of work.... see where I going...