IGNORED

Worst price you've seen in person- with pics

toiletunes

Went to a large flea market yesterday and saw the most expensive games I've seen yet. Maxwell Street Days in Mukwonago, WI. Great place to go if you need plants and flowers though!

But too many overpriced PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox/360 games to list. Saw a loose 5200 Pac-Man for $5. All of the dirt common 2600 games I saw were $5, loose of course. Super Mario/Duck Hunt for $15. :rolling:

Best deal I could find were $2 drafts at the American Legion building. ;)

• Like 5

One of the game stores, which I don't think was Game Stop, but something similar about 17 years ago used to have NES games. I remember buying Super Mario / Duck Hunt for 9 cents each and buying them out of like 30 copies. I used to buy up any game for 25 cents or less at the time for the NES. Atari was not part of the inventory. :(

Phil

One of the game stores, which I don't think was Game Stop, but something similar about 17 years ago used to have NES games. I remember buying Super Mario / Duck Hunt for 9 cents each and buying them out of like 30 copies. I used to buy up any game for 25 cents or less at the time for the NES. Atari was not part of the inventory. :(

Phil

I noticed the local Hastings has a handful of SNES games. I saw a baseball game (no box or manual) for $6. Of course by the time I'd pay s/h on ePrey, I'd probably spend just as much.

Went to a large flea market yesterday and saw the most expensive games I've seen yet. Maxwell Street Days in Mukwonago, WI. Great place to go if you need plants and flowers though!

But too many overpriced PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox/360 games to list. Saw a loose 5200 Pac-Man for $5. All of the dirt common 2600 games I saw were $5, loose of course. Super Mario/Duck Hunt for $15. :rolling:

Best deal I could find were $2 drafts at the American Legion building. ;)

Same here!! I'd be saving more getting beer. SMB/Duck Hunt is like the NES version of Combat. I remember they were sold for 49 cents at Gamestop in the early 2000's.

• Like 2

In my area prices have gone up for any cartridge from Atari to Intelli . Indoor flea markets around southern Ohio that I go to once a year are usually super high ... Combats for 4 dollars each and they have like 30 of them and won't budge on their prices .

By any chance, are those indoor flea markets to which you refer Trader's World and Treasure Isles? It is damn near impossible to find a realistically-priced item, let alone a steal, at any of the indoor full-time vendors. There is one store in Treasure Isles in particular that has notably outlandish prices on loose carts for a wide variety of consoles. Every time I am there, I ask if they will budge on the $16 loose cart of 7800 Asteroids. The last time I was there, the "great deal" they offered me was that bundled with a $4 cart for "only" $20. Surprised the deal wasn't the $16 and $4 carts bundled together for "only" $22.

One store near me has a 2600 Mario Bros. for $25. They even claimed they didn't have an Atari to test games on. Another similar store has a $15 Donkey Kong right next to a $5 Donkey Kong. They also do not actually have an Atari to test games on and want a Jaguar because "..it's the firs 64 bit system." I thought about taking pictures but wont waste my time on a return trip to either any time soon.

• Like 1

By any chance, are those indoor flea markets to which you refer Trader's World and Treasure Isles? It is damn near impossible to find a realistically-priced item, let alone a steal, at any of the indoor full-time vendors. There is one store in Treasure Isles in particular that has notably outlandish prices on loose carts for a wide variety of consoles. Every time I am there, I ask if they will budge on the $16 loose cart of 7800 Asteroids. The last time I was there, the "great deal" they offered me was that bundled with a $4 cart for "only" $20. Surprised the deal wasn't the $16 and $4 carts bundled together for "only" $22.

Lmao , that's exactly the two flea markets I am talking about . No matter which one you go to and no matter what vendor... they all want 4 dollars minimum for any game ... Combat , Pole position etc . One time I was able to get a bunch in a bulk deal for 2.50 per . Must of been a rare day for that guy . I seen Jr pac-man there for 16 dollars and red label Gravitar for 33 dollars . Some people on here think commons can be bought for 50 cents ... I would love to see that place where those exist . And every year I go there the same games are there but there are just more , all of them are hoarders . In my area you can find commons for 2 - 8 dollars per cart .

Sadly no pics but still worthy to mention: Circa 2004 I went to a toy store in the local mall (KB-Toys I think but I am not certain) to buy Metroid Prime for the Gamecube. The location was in the process of closing and they had a bunch of old crap that had been recently been 'discovered' in their distribution center. They were selling brand 'new old stock' copies of Desert Strike for the Sega Genesis at something like $30. At that point, the game was 12+ years and two console generations old, and was / is a very common game. Honestly, I probably would have bought it at $10 just for the nostalgia of buying a brand new Sega Genesis game from a toy store. To be fair, it actually is a very good game IMO. :-)