IGNORED

Sirius and Plutos for Atari 7800...Listing on Ebay

vandymachine

The State Trooper and myself went and looked for the deer the night it happened - No luck. I went back the next day and found it just off the road.

I have a picture of the deer on my phone, but it's pretty grisly.

As for insurance, I had full coverage. Problem is it was full coverage on an 08 Toyota. Car was worth $7000, cost to fix car was $7100.

I thought if the cost to fix is greater than the car's value, they just "total" the car and pay you the blue book.

eBay auction is ending in a few hours. Currently $45 + shipping. I hope it sells at least what CPUWIZ charged if not get sniped in the last seconds. These are both fantastic games and I feel privledged to own them.

The guys wanting $150 a piece BIN for the games can shove it though. Maybe they drop their prices after this auction is over with... :ponder:

Good grief. Where do you live that hitting deer is a daily ritual? I've seen a lot of them in Louisiana/Arkansas, but never hit one. However there was the occasional Armadillo, Possum, or rabbit that wasn't so lucky. :P

Well I wouldn't say daily ritual, but 4 times in about 10 years is way too much.

Actually I hit a 5th one in one of my works vehicles, but at least that wasn't my problem to deal with and also was very mild.

I am in Saint Charles illinois, it's about 30 miles west of Chicago. Yeah hitting one in Chicago itself would be very rare, but get about 25-30 miles outside chicago and you have alot of forest area, especially to the west and north.

I also live by the fox river and they love rivers, and we have forest preserves everywhere.

I will say I see them much less the last 5 or so years than I used too. I used to even get them in my yard regularly.

Luckily we don't have moose here. But I have come very close to hitting coyote many times as well as fox and even saw a bobcat 1 time sitting in the middle of the road.

Dead racoons, possum, squirrels are just everywhere daily. :P

I did have deer whistles on my step van, deer knocked the one clean off when I hit it :) hehe

Hehe, I would not recommend making a career out of hitting deer, it is frightening. We have been very lucky to not be hurt. 2 of the times we hit deer the car was forced off the road, once into a ditch, once into the woods just shy of tipping into a 15 foot deep creek bed :( fun times....thanks bambi

When I got my Mustang Convertible in summer 2010, I was cruising the back roads often taking on harp turns at about 15mph over the recommended speed. Fortunately I kept both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road during my free-spirited drives. I had the top down enjoying the breeze and suddenly came to a dead stop in the middle of a curve. A gorgeous red fox was just standing there in the highway panting. He looked up at me and just stood there. I honked my horn a few times and the fox finally slowly and non-chalantly walked off the freeway. That's darwinism at work, folks. I was probably putting myself at risk by stopping in the middle of the road towards the end of a curve. A less attentive driver than myself would have likely rear-ended me.

• Like 1