IGNORED

AMS/SAMS Software list

Gazoo

Really the RXB XB AMS TEST program?

10 ! THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN
11 ! MODIFIED SO NO ASSEMBLY
12 ! IS USED. RXB COMMANDS...

Neat program Rich... it works great, or course you already knew that. ;-) It's been a fun day, I've had the opportunity to play for most of it, well except for a trip to Staples to pick up a replacement printer... That 'Square Trade' warranty actually paid for itself. All in all an excellent day off! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

should work fine in the SAMS just not any better than a regular 32k card ..

Bummer.

On a related topic, I was looking forward to seeing some action in the software side of things for this card, then another object came out rather quickly and.... well you know.

I wonder how many out-of-the-box ideas & uses this thing is capable of?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/25/2016 at 9:28 PM, arcadeshopper said:

had to rename some files to all uppercase to make it work

Reference AMSTIOPOLY (SAMS TI Monopoly).  (Don't know if this is the best thread for this?)

As others have stated, this works fine with Classic 99.  (Reading my TIPI as drive T).

Not so well on my real "iron".?

I just received my first SAMs sidecar (Thanks Greg!). 

So far, most SAMs programs work fine. (Realms of Antiquity, TEXCASTER, RXB, etc.)

However, no luck getting this one to work with my SAMs/TIPI sidecar setup.

I've renamed all the files in the directory to UPPERCASE.

Deleted extraneous files.

I am running ABOOT using E/A 5. 

Mapped my TIPI.SAMS.AMSTIOPOLY folder to DSK1.   

I get an "I/O Error code 7".

Is this a TIPI file incompatibility?  (It wasn't specifically listed on jedimatt's GitHub.)

BTW.  This is a cool looking version of Monopoly!

David G  

TIPI_AMSTIOPOLY.png

• Like 1

I am playing it fine on my TI with peb sams and tipi..  So I assume it works fine with the sidecar as well.

error 7 is file not found right?

I ended up having trouble with the files in the zip because of their filenames (you had to make them uppercase) and also the files themselves, especially aemssys which proved to be difficult in making a good copy on my tipi drive.. something to do with the source file I think. try these

AMSTIOPOLY.zip

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I am playing it fine on my TI with peb sams and tipi..  So I assume it works fine with the sidecar as well.

I ended up having trouble with the files in the zip because of their filenames (you had to make them uppercase) and also the files themselves, especially aemssys which proved to be difficult in making a good copy on my tipi drive.. something to do with the source file I think. try these

AMSTIOPOLY.zip 32.66 kB · 2 downloads

It looks like I was missing ASHOE in my version.  I remember seeing it in the original .zip.  Most likely a user error during/after capitalizing the filenames and cleaning the extra files.

Your copy did the trick! ?  

Looks good!

DGrissom

• Like 5

On 9/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, arcadeshopper said:

AMSTIOPOLY.zip 32.66 kB · 12 downloads

This looks like a really good game!

Is there a manual for it?

How do i cancel a selection, say for selling a property or building, and go back to the main turn-menu?

That manual is for a different game(ti99-opoly), as it talks about being able to save your game, and player name entry, both features that don't appear to be in the game you uploaded.

The game you supplied in the zip file appears to be called tinopoly.

I did figure out the answer i was looking for though: fctn+9(back) to cancel an action and return to the menu to pick something else to do this turn.

Also, you can cycle through your properties owned with the arrow keys(e&x).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jrhodes said:

That manual is for a different game(ti99-opoly), as it talks about being able to save your game, and player name entry, both features that don't appear to be in the game you uploaded.

The game you supplied in the zip file appears to be called tinopoly.

I did figure out the answer i was looking for though: fctn+9(back) to cancel an action and return to the menu to pick something else to do this turn.

Also, you can cycle through your properties owned with the arrow keys(e&x).

Thanks for the update on the keystroke.  I encountered the same thing during testing.  

This is actually a very good version (at least in my testing so far.)

I would like (maybe I'll put this together) a pdf with full game instructions, a full board map  as my memory is a bit sketchy, and game play tracking sheets for properties, etc.  This game would be great for a small gaming party!

• Like 4