IGNORED

Atari Jag Repairs

futureinbold

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Jaguar from the states (I'm British but live in Singapore), paid a small fortune, and guess what: the power does not come on(!). I've tried everything within my knowledge - which doesn't include disassembling it (I fear I may do more harm than good if I get into soldering and alcohol wipes etc).

Des anyone out there do Jag repairs?
I am actually in the US for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I could arrange to get the system out to you if you'd be willing and/or available?
It would be a god-send if anyone could help or point me in the right direction.
G

There's another thread here with a user offering to repair the most commonly blown component when using the wrong AC adapter. Look a few threads below this.

There's also a thread where you can buy a PSU to blow your Jaguar Skunkboard up! We cater for all here!

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 2

Thanks for the prompt response guys,

Yes I tried all my carts and inspected the cart port which all seems fine.

I have also contacted the aforementioned user (Golden.ax) - hope he's still around…haha.

Strange thing I bought the system on eBay and the seller is adamant that is was working. Hmmm.

I just need to reach out to someone who is more clued-up than myself, when it comes to specific trouble-shooting and repairs for these systems..

Thanks for the prompt response guys,

Yes I tried all my carts and inspected the cart port which all seems fine.

I have also contacted the aforementioned user (Golden.ax) - hope he's still around…haha.

Strange thing I bought the system on eBay and the seller is adamant that is was working. Hmmm.

I just need to reach out to someone who is more clued-up than myself, when it comes to specific trouble-shooting and repairs for these systems..

It's not Golden Ax. Here is the thread that I mentioned is literally a few down from this one: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/239435-jag-console-doa-u38-repair-service/

Sadly Golden Ax has been dealt a bad hand in life. He was a great asset to the community but sadly due to sudden poor health he is not available any more. Great guy but tragic that bad things sometimes happen to good people. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I hope you get your Jag working. I recently bought an Atari Lynx with 20+ years old battery corrosion in it. It works but I'm none too pleased about the prospect of cleaning up somebody else's mess.

Truth is sometimes consoles just fail. My old Lynx (to replace my childhood one) was working when I got it in 2006. I boxed it up and in 2012 it was dead. :sad:

I recently received 2 broken Jag's. I thought I could make one of the two. I realized, after some helpful threads from here, I could have both fixed. They both have the blown chip, meaning someone used the wrong power supplies.

I found a friend who could soldier. I ordered the chips, and the whole cap sets from Console5. I failed to get the sound chip at that time. So, I am half fixed. I gave my friend the other Jag, and parts for his help. He's coming back soon to fix the sound.

I only have Tempest 2K so far. This is an expensive (for me) console to collect for.

Mark

I recently received 2 broken Jag's. I thought I could make one of the two. I realized, after some helpful threads from here, I could have both fixed. They both have the blown chip, meaning someone used the wrong power supplies.

I found a friend who could soldier. I ordered the chips, and the whole cap sets from Console5. I failed to get the sound chip at that time. So, I am half fixed. I gave my friend the other Jag, and parts for his help. He's coming back soon to fix the sound.

I only have Tempest 2K so far. This is an expensive (for me) console to collect for.

Mark

just part with the cash (although a bit expensive) and get a skunkboard, this way you can try out close to every rom that exists on there for free :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Guys, I got this fellows system now, and it works. I'll be sending it back to him with a 250v to 110v power converter and another jag power adapter. Im sure his psu is dead being as how he put a Asian power plug adapter (NOT Converter, in any way) on the end of his oem jag power supply and plugged it in the wall at 250 volts. Lucky it never made it passed the psu. His Jag actually works flawlessly and i've told him that along what i'll be sending. I'm charging him a whopping whole $35 plus return shipping for the power converted and psu. I think that more than fair.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...