IGNORED

Data Age..

Klove

Guys.. "Survival Run". The ROM that we all believe to be a Data Age game.. "Has anymore proof to come to light that this IS in-fact an actual Data Age game?" I noticde that Albert doesn't have the game listed here or made available under the Data Age section. Also.. my cohorts at Data Age know nothing of the title at all. They've all seen the screen shots, too.

That said, I'm wondering if it was maybe made the by the Data Age programmers, but possibly offered for sale elsewhere or potentially to another 2600 publisher at the time.

For that matter.. "Where is it even mentioned that Survival Run was a Data Age title?"

Thanks Gang.

- Ken

Someone mentioned "Concert Escape" earlier in this thread; for the record, Journey Escape was reported to be called Rock 'n Roll Escape. Presumably in much the same way as "Chuck Norris Super Kicks" became Kung Fu Super Kicks" and G.I. Joe became Action Force. When a license is temporary, limited, or region specific you have to rebrand it.

Guys.. "Survival Run". The ROM that we all believe to be a Data Age game.. "Has anymore proof to come to light that this IS in-fact an actual Data Age game?" I noticde that Albert doesn't have the game listed here or made available under the Data Age section. Also.. my cohorts at Data Age know nothing of the title at all. They've all seen the screen shots, too.

That said, I'm wondering if it was maybe made the by the Data Age programmers, but possibly offered for sale elsewhere or potentially to another 2600 publisher at the time.

For that matter.. "Where is it even mentioned that Survival Run was a Data Age title?"

Thanks Gang.

- Ken

Don't Stop Believin', Ken.

Check out page 39 of this 1982 CES review document:

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/atari-2600-ces-review-1982.pdf

Description and title matches the proto.

Also, Rock 'n' Roll Escape was the title that was used only on the manual cover by Gameworld when they owned the Data Age titles and distributed them in Europe:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-rock--n--roll-escape_15547.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Fellas,

This is great information. Thank You so much for this. I wonder what the issues were that DA seemed to of killed it off. Sadly, this what I deal with when working with the old school publishers. Most don't even remember the names of their titles. BIG names like Journey, of course. Everything else, they sorta' rely on me to try and fill in the gaps for them. :-(

This is great info. I'm betting that DA probably killed the title off shortly after CES.

- Ken

Edited by Klove
  • Like 1

Are the people you were talking with the programmers or some other position at Data Age? It would make sense for them to forget the games if they weren't the ones programming them.

Another bit of proof for what it's worth... I have a few copies of Survival Run that were found with a WIP of Airlock. For some reason many people still don't think they're authentic prototypes.

WC,

"Do you have dumps of them or ?" It'd be great to be able to includes these in the project, if at all possible. If not, that's completely undetandable. I have an artists working on "new" Data Age lab loaner / prototype cart labels. These are being recreated from copies of the one's that DA used back in the 80's. The "White" style one's are what we are going after. We did the same in the Activision Anthology.

Thanks,

Ken