IGNORED

My daughter has left Hospital...

Mclaneinc

Can I just say on Serena's behalf a huge thank you both for the donations and the kind words, she's had an awful 8.5 months in some ways that are too personal for the forum but you guys have really added a massive smile to her face and to mine and my wife Cindys, not only have you cheered up my daughter who is on citalopram like myself for mild depression (I'm severe) but you are helping make something happen that I simply had almost given up on, I'm extremely humbled.

Thank you..

Paul....Totally in awe of you guys..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 4

Thanks to you guys we are starting to look at what is about and will post a nice piccy with my daughter when we get it.

Thank you to those that donated and have offered donations its incredibly gratefully received, as some know I don't work so things like the internet are my one HUGE treat financially, its also so important to me because of what I suffer from so simple things that most people rightfully take for granted are hard for us, we do everything we can for Serena, she's our focus, I'm just hoping I get a huge hug today as its my birthday :)

Point being, you guys have made something possible that would have left us taking forever to make it happen, it would have happened but just not quickly, you have made something so important to me happen, so thank you co Dad's of Serena, you are stars...

Paul, old git :)

But happy...

• Like 5

Hello Paul

Congratulations on your birthday. But your best present probably was when your daughter came back home. I've seen what anorexia can do years ago and now somebody else, whose not yet 15 years old is having problems finding her place in this world. Life isn't always easy, but feeling that you love somebody a lot is a marvelous thing. Even if it hurts sometimes.

Sincerely

Mathy

Thanks mathy...

And indeed, my daughter coming home was my best present ever, the Hospital asked me what I was hoping for on my birthday and i said all those weeks ago, my daughter coming home...

Luckily I was given that present...It was on the cards but a lovely tease...

She's all we have and had 2 very sad miscarriages after her but unlike a lot of parents around here, we shall look after her as long as she wants..

People rarely realise how in depth anorexia is, its a horrible illness than can and regularly destroys lives..Worse still it normally affects those who have not lived long enough to understand and been mature enough to see more of life making it even more destructive...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 6

I had a girlfriend with a couple of eating disorders and I wasn't able to help her (we're not together anymore and she's still around, but still has the disorders AFAIK). I can sympathize to a small degree, in watching someone that you love succumb to a terrible illness like that.

I wish only the best for all of you and please, by all means, keep us posted as to her progress, if you are able.

And yes, maybe we can hook her up with an XEGS, later... she's an Atarian already, she just doesn't know it, yet. ;)

Thanks Clausb and Muzz73, its been a tough old journey so far, the shock after taking your daughter numerous times to hospital because you could see she was ill only to be told she was "ok" and then mere days later rushed into hospital because a different team had spotted she was so ill walking could kill her was just shocking, as a parent you are utterly helpless. Then came the denials from her that she was anorexic which we believed at first because of her nature only for her to finally admit that lying to us was hurting too much and say she was badly ill.

The treatment is harrowing but after all the months away she's well and happy but more importantly home, she's changed a little but hardly a shock as she's been fighting a personal demon that preys on the mind.

Not something I'd wish on my fellow parents and great friends here on AtariAge and thank you for caring...

• Like 2

A last message as I don't want the thread to interfere with the correct OT stuff, Serena has now got her PS4 and the games mentioned and a picture will be posted to show its current and more importantly appreciated...Not even played it yet its been so long a day...

Thank you for the extra donations that should stop now, the target has been met and there's extra for her to go to the Hyper Japan event in the O2 in July which she will love, thank you guys, you have all be soo kind its beyond my capacity to respond properly, you really have made her feel loved, wanted and very special, the bonus to go to the event is a marvellous extra, thank you folks, no more money, its been beyond anything I ever thought when it was offered...

It puts me to shame but that is why I must thank you all...Perfect humans be it kind words or money....All have made a difference,,,

Thank you...Paul...

Mods, please lock the thread if you don't mind,,,,Its not I don't want people to post but everything has been done and much more, I don't want people adding when the target has been met and some..

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay but there's a lot going on here with the local Mental Health Authority called CAMHS making our and Serena's life very dificult, I've got to write a formal complaint about the way they have handled her case since leaving hospital and for stuff that went on before. Sorry about the no picture of her (bar her hand) but she has bodydismorphic issues which mean photo's are something she hates, she also wants to hide the cuts on her arms from self harming which is totally natural.

Its been really tough as of late but she wanted to thank you all somehow for the PS4 and the other stuff, its getting used and I've not even had the controller in my hand yet (honestly) but when she's up at night and can't sleep because of the issues she's using the PS4 to take her mind off things so thank you very much from the bottom of MY heart.

Paul, loving Dad..

If you can't read it then click on it and use the plus + option on photobucket..

The games are Last of Us and GTA V and as you see the old light is on and getting played :)

The Japanese under thank and you are the proper Japanese for those words (doh!), she loves all that and is off to Hyper Japan in the Morning in Central London, its a huge Japanese show...

Thank you!!

009_zpsirtu7ruh.jpg

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 6

If you can't read it then click on it and use the plus + option on photobucket..

009_zpsirtu7ruh.jpg

@daughter: Yes you deserve our kindness. It's always nice to be kind to others, and to share where possible. I am glad you enjoy the PS4 and the games, and when you get bored with them... try the Atari too... you'll love it. Anyway, keep doing the good things, and enjoy life! You have a fabulous dad too, give him a hug from me ;)

• Like 1

(Could you pass this message on Paul?)

Thank you Serena. It is great to know that this will make a difference to you and will make your life that little bit better.

On another note, your art skills are very good (I wish I had such skills), you should make sure that you put these to good use.

Thanks for sharing. I hope this brings you and your daughter countless hours of fun and "together time".

Apart from her showing me the lovely remastered graphics on Last of Us I've really not had the controller in my hand let alone play a game :)

But a huge thanks to all, the kind words, donations and the feelings have cheered her and us up, sadly CAMHS really are getting it all wrong, when we were at the meeting after she left hospital to sort out her after care the CAMHS team turned to Serena and said "do you want to talk about that thing Laura (her Doc at the Hospital) told us about. Now myself and Cindy have no idea what they are talking about so Serena is very much on edge as its something she has not felt comfortable to talk to us about as yet so she was 'outed' in front of us and people she has met for the first time. Turns out that its about when we first moved to the area there was a paedophile targeting 2 kids, one was Serena, he was caught thanks to community spirit and never got to touch her but when she was being touched by the boy in her new school (trying it on but no flesh contact) it brought the paedophile thing back to her head and it really scared her now she is of the age to understand the danger.

So thanks to CAMHS Serena was put in a position of extreme mental discomfort all because no one could do their job properly...

As said, the last 10 months have been horrible for her and now she has things from when she was 4yrs old eating away at her thanks to things out of our control but were in others control.

But yes, the PS4 has made her nights better, she can enjoy the games and take her mind off stuff so it has been an amazing gift from you guys.

• Like 1

I hope that in time that she can learn to be whatever she wants to be. Nobody deserves to be controlled by others, especially those who are evil in society. Everyone in society has the right to be whatever they wish, they are in control of their life and anyone who tries to stop that is pure evil.

As she grows and progresses, I hope that her inner confidence comes through this adversity and makes her enjoy life more.

• Like 3

I hope that in time that she can learn to be whatever she wants to be. Nobody deserves to be controlled by others, especially those who are evil in society. Everyone in society has the right to be whatever they wish, they are in control of their life and anyone who tries to stop that is pure evil.

As she grows and progresses, I hope that her inner confidence comes through this adversity and makes her enjoy life more.

Very well said!

• Like 2