IGNORED

What should I name my Atari 2600?

P!xel

I dissected my Atari earlier, and I feel like it deserves a name. I was thinking Yolanda or Betty Sue.

If anyone has any old fashioned names that would fit, that would be great. :thumbsup:

Also my Atari is a girl.

Don't make fun of me for naming my console, she's pretty and she needs a name. xD

I'm a girl too so trust me I'm not some old dude with a weird fetish.

Here's a picture of her for a reference.

THANK YOU.

post-42807-0-80129700-1435202619.jpg

Edited by P!xel
  • Like 3

First off I like to say. Welcome aboard to Atariage and the forums. I'm extremely happy of a person your age is getting into the Atari 2600, it is an incredible system and you will enjoy the charm it presents that all of us grew up with and cherished :-D . Also it is your system and you give it a name you feel is right and goes great for it. Stella was the codename and also now an emulator for the 2600. But just throwing it out there. But like I mentioned, it's your system and you give it a name that feels aappropriate. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here and welcome aboard!! Any questions, help, info, and etc. You got numerous people and retrogamers to assist you!! :)

• Like 1

First off I like to say. Welcome aboard to Atariage and the forums. I'm extremely happy of a person your age is getting into the Atari 2600, it is an incredible system and you will enjoy the charm it presents that all of us grew up with and cherished :-D . Also it is your system and you give it a name you feel is right and goes great for it. Stella was the codename and also now an emulator for the 2600. But just throwing it out there. But like I mentioned, it's your system and you give it a name that feels aappropriate. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here and welcome aboard!! Any questions, help, info, and etc. You got numerous people and retrogamers to assist you!! :)

Thanks so much! Haha, I know I'm kinda young. Trust me, I wish I was born in the 70s and stuff so I coulda seen the evolution of games from Atari to NES and soforth. Still thanks a lot for the greeting, I'm glad to have joined since everyone here is so nice so far. I love the name Stella, I'm gonna use it for her middle or last name. But yeah I'll have to come up with her first name myself.

What did you name YOUR Atari? Just curious. xD

Thanks so much! Haha, I know I'm kinda young. Trust me, I wish I was born in the 70s and stuff so I coulda seen the evolution of games from Atari to NES and soforth. Still thanks a lot for the greeting, I'm glad to have joined since everyone here is so nice so far. I love the name Stella, I'm gonna use it for her middle or last name. But yeah I'll have to come up with her first name myself.

What did you name YOUR Atari? Just curious. xD

Unfortunatley I don't have any names for mine :( I have 5 different models. A Heavy Sixer, Light Sixer, 4 switch woody like yours, Darth Vader all black model, and a junior slimline model (not pictured). I'm going to have to come up with some names though. I appreciate the add as well! :) If you have any troubleshooting, advice, info, tip, etc. Feel free to drop a pm!

post-32978-0-36063600-1435204308_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I know it's cliche, but I call my 2600 "Old Faithful" because it's my original light-sixer console I received for christmas back in the early '80's. I need to replace a couple of her switches, though.

Generally speaking, I'm enchanted with the name "Euphrates" for some reason.

Have fun with your Atari hobby!

Bit off topic but my cars name is Sharleen lol

post-30687-0-15312500-1435246026_thumb.jpg

I still got my original light sixer unfortunately no cables, PSU or games anymore due to moving and lost in the travels(No idea where it all went). She hasn't got a name though, poor girl sits in the basement collecting dust.

Edited by Tony The 2600

Stella. 4-switch or heavy sixer, they're all Stellas.

5200 = Pam.

7800 = Maria.

Jaguar and Lynx are just really big pu- er, kittens... :lol:

I gave all my consoles feminine names...

2600 = Stella

7800 = Maria

Genesis = Genny.

NES = Nestle (like the crunch bar)

Super NES = Summer

N64 was pretty tricky, but I managed to come up with Nixie Fay.

Game Cube => Dolphin => Daphne

Turbo is the only console I haven't named yet. I created the names shortly before I bought the turbo. I also never bothered with naming my handhelds but my old 3DS was the white/pink xL. I got a lot of complements being a 30-something year old male gaming in public on a Pink DS.

Edited by stardust4ever

I named my Pentium III PC Old Betsy. She's heavy and slow. Loud and lumbering. Sucks the life out of you and your electric bill. And when she's doing her thing the room gets hot! The very definition of a fat-ass ball and chain. Cranky bitch. And the filth "collecting" in her bottom stuff builds up a stench only lower lifeforms could love. But you don't dare get rid of her.

• Like 2