IGNORED

Remember me? (repro overlay guy...)

omeganu

Remember me? I'm the guy who apparently took the Vectrex community by storm when I jumped head first in to creating overlay repros for every game conceived for the Vectrex.

Well...guess what I found in storage the other day when doing some spring cleaning? Yep...you guessed it...my unsold stock of repro overlays (in various stages of completion...many of them just shy of the final lamination step to add firmness). Well since I got out of the hobby of producing these, I'm offering up the entire stock as a package deal. I'll detail each overlay I have and the stage/condition it is in.

For those of you who don't know....here is a reminder of the steps I took to create these (important to read through as I'll rank each overlay by the stage it is in).

#1 - laser print overlay graphic on transparency

#2 - plot/cut white adhesive backing with plotter

#3 - apply precision cut labeling to the back side of overlay to add opaqueness where required (this step took the place of the white ink)

#4 - laminate transparency and trim to size

OK....here is what is included in the booklet organized by the name of the overlay and the stage it is in. PLEASE NOTE...if I rate something at stage #2 that implies that the plotted white adhesive backing IS included...it is just not applied.

Blitz - 2

Blitz - 2

City Bomber - 1

City Bomber - 1

Clean Sweep - 2

Clean Sweep - 2

Mr. Boston Clean Sweep - 2

Mr. Boston Clean Sweep - 1

Mr. Boston Clean Sweep - 2

Clean Sweep - 1

Dark Tower - 1

Hangman - 1

Heads Up - 2

Heads Up - 1

Hyper Chase - 1

Narrow Escape - 1

Performance VX - 1

Performance VX - 1

Performance VX - 4

Rockaroids - 1

Space Wars - 2

Space Wars - 2

Space Wars - 1

Space Wars - 1

Spike - 1

Spike's Water Balloons - 1

Spin Ball - 1

Starhawk - 1

Star Sling - 2

Star Sling - 1

le Tour de France - 2

So that's it. Any of the #2's can be assembled pretty easily by just laminating them. The #1's would require some finesse to repeat the step where I plotted the white labeling on the back but this is a techie-oriented crowd and I'm sure you could figure it out. That's 12 overlays that just need to be laminated and 19 that could be used without the white backing (or you could create your own solution for that).

Anybody interested? Shoot me a message and I'll let you know my price. In their peak, the finished versions sold for around $14 a piece.

post-32225-0-28768600-1435288171_thumb.jpg

post-32225-0-94683000-1435288176_thumb.jpg

post-32225-0-05821200-1435288183_thumb.jpg

post-32225-0-88876500-1435288188_thumb.jpg

post-32225-0-61626300-1435288194_thumb.jpg

post-32225-0-02190300-1435288202_thumb.jpg

Edited by omeganu
  • Like 3

Hey, good to have ya back, and we all hope you'll be making more of these :)

PM sent!

I'd like to say that I will be, but the truth is I've sold my equipment to plot the white backing and I got rid of the laminator. This is the final hurrah for my overlays :-)

• 2 months later...