IGNORED

ULTIMA Series - A Look Back + Memories

I eventually managed to land a job there as a programmer. :)

Looking Glass Technologies? That's awesome. I don't think they exist anymore, do they? I loved BioShock... even the second one was good. I was very impressed with BioShock one... I didn't think I was going to like it, but it was surprisingly good. I still desperately want a System Shock 3... but I don't think that'll ever come. :(

Looking Glass Technologies? That's awesome. I don't think they exist anymore, do they? I loved BioShock... even the second one was good. I was very impressed with BioShock one... I didn't think I was going to like it, but it was surprisingly good. I still desperately want a System Shock 3... but I don't think that'll ever come. :(

Nope, sadly they no longer exist.. To quote Wikipedia,

"The company went out of business on May 24, 2000 during a financial crisis related to their publisher at the time, Eidos Interactive. Warren Spector managed to move many Looking Glass Studios employees over to Ion Storm Austin."

This statement is interesting, as I moved to Austin in 1997 to work for Warren Spector on a game called "Junction Point" (a name he'd later use for a game studio), after having finished a project at Looking Glass in Cambridge. A month and a half after I moved, Looking Glass shut our office down, for financial reasons. A core group of six of us stayed together and ultimately formed Ion Storm Austin, and we went on to develop Deus Ex. Interesting times, those were. So, Looking Glass Technologies was still in business for a few years after they nixed the Austin office. In fact, they closed about the time the PC version of Deus Ex was released.

..Al

• Like 1

The ONLY computer game boxes I kept... were my AD&D Gold Box Series game boxes.

At some point I want to do a video dedicated to the AD&D Gold Box games... However, it may never be a complete set because the Neverwinter Nights MMORPG AOL boxed game is now hundreds of dollars... and doesn't come up for sale very often. That said, I think it still would be a great look back at an amazing series!

• Like 1

At some point I want to do a video dedicated to the AD&D Gold Box games... However, it may never be a complete set because the Neverwinter Nights MMORPG AOL boxed game is now hundreds of dollars... and doesn't come up for sale very often. That said, I think it still would be a great look back at an amazing series!

It would be very cool, let us know if / when you do one!

• 2 weeks later...

That'd be neat. I'm glad you're covering some of these old CRPG's in videos. I enjoy watching them.

I remember mentioning to someone in the 90's how Neverwinter Nights was originally an old online GB title and having them tell me how wrong I was. :lol:

Nice! The System Shock games didn't go unnoticed either!!!

It would be interesting to find out, what each person seems to gravitate toward on that shelf.. My eyes went immediately to those EA Album Folio games bottom left.. I am actively collecting those now and have most of the early ones execept MULE of course.

Edited by dudeslife