IGNORED

dbase type pogram

daafies

There were two powerful databases that had widespread use (and a dozen more that were less powerful, some of which also had widespread use). The most widespread of them all was TI Base from Texaments (a program similar to dBase II in functionality). First Base was the other powerful database program, but not as widespread because it came to market a bit too late--we were losing users in great numbers at that point in time.

Of the smaller programs, the Navarone Data Base Manager program was pretty widespread. Some folks also used the IUG's Database 300/600 (or its later incarnation--Amnion's Archiva). There were others, but these were the most common ones that I remember.

... a true database would be nice to have..

Hey David,

It sucks not having a program that you really want or need, so, download the attached .ZIP file. It might work out for you. :)

I have a PDF of the manual, but it's too big to upload to Atari Age, maybe it's available someplace else, if not I'll find a way when I have more time.

TI-BASE.dsk

• Like 1

Hey David,

It sucks not having a program that you really want or need, so, download the attached .ZIP file. It might work out for you. :)

I have a PDF of the manual, but it's too big to upload to Atari Age, maybe it's available someplace else, if not I'll find a way when I have more time.

Cheers! Ill check this one out! Ill get the manual from somewhere

I've been using Multiplan as a database program, but it is very limited in functionality as a database given that there is no facility to search specific fields, no sorting etc... I'm using it to catalog my electronic components inventory.

Omega, could you email me the TI-Base pdf file by any chance? I'd like to give TI-Base a try.

BTW, who was behind Inscebot? I would be more than happy to pay for the program.

• Like 1

Hey David,

is this an XB self boot floppy? i couldnt get it to boot. (using real hardware with an HxC floppy emulator). maybe the dsk to .hfe