IGNORED

8 Classic Speech Synthesizer Games for the TI-99/4A

vectrexroli

Just had another thought, what about a ti99/4a with an internal speech synth with the voive of Mrs Roli that can recognise the current Ebay value of games, so that when you insert your latest rare DataBiotics find, the computer utters choice phrases such as "More crap from Ebay", or "Don't Bullsh*t me - I know exactly how much you paid for this".

• Like 1

Great video as always! Do we have a list of all modules/games that supports Speech? Probably Ralf has.

Lasso is another classic. "Oh no the sheep busted out".

Btw for the expansion built-in PEB box card with speech synthesizer I came along one that starts to speak when you turn on the computer. #Texas Instruments home computer# who invented that? Great idea!

• Like 1

I think the Berlin User Group card designed by Winfried Winkler does it too, as he had a hand in the software for both cards. Initially he was trying to figure out the TE-II to see if he could use the code from it on his board--but I pointed him to the Text-to-Speech disk from TI, which was a lot easier to modify for his purposes. . .I have one of the 20 or so boards the Berlin Group made--and I have an SPVMC. They are both interesting PEB boards.

• Like 1

/COMPLAIN MODE ON

The Star Trek game in your video is in SERIOUS NEED of hacking!

Seriously, who's bright idea was it to design it for joystick TWO?!?

StarTrek3.png

I'd put it in a .DSK image and actually play it if used the standard joystick one for regular play.

/COMPLAIN MODE OFF

BTW - Good video (as always). :)

• Like 1