IGNORED

Has anyone ever tried...

Gazoo

Has anyone ever tried making a cable with two 44 pin card edge connectors, one on each end, and then plugging one into the side of the TI console and the other into the card edge connector on the Speech synthesizer?

I assume it might either work right off the bat, or some small modification to the speech synthesizer might be necessary to get it to work. It would be an easy way to install a speech synth into a console, especially if that console already had 32k installed. One would then have a stand alone game console that would work with the large gamecarts.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

I have one of the firehose extender cables that were sold years ago. If you could still find those connectors, it would be easy-peasy to use a shorter ribbon cable to invite the speech board to move indoors.

Thread about it here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224648-fire-hose-to-ribbon-cable/

-Ed

Gazoo, I did in the late 90's to help in constructing a TI with a TIM into a tower case, if my memory serves me well it worked fine as I was going to try to build a replacement interface to replace the firehose, but plans went awry and I didn't get to finish the project. Still have most of the pieces though. Trying to get my Genny back in operation takes priority, going to rebuild my Rave 99 system.