IGNORED

Best 20-30 non-rare Intellivision games?

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll be putting together a final list of what I'm going to provide over the next few weeks. The con itself is ReplayFX here in Pittsburgh, 7/30-8/2. http://replayfx.org/

Looks like fun. I was hoping to go to Austin the weekend of the July 25-26 but that's looking doubtful. Maybe I can make it to Pittsburgh for a day or two instead.

Tropical Trouble - great for pick-up and play, but also for advancing through levels quickly

Bump 'n Jump - not a quick game though if someone has some skills

Snafu - I think it's only fun with two players

You gotta showoff:
Ms. Pac Man

Christmas Carol

• Like 2

I'm into making Intellivision lists, so while this opportunity has likely passed, here are my suggestions for the criteria proposed:

Burgertime

Astrosmash

Beauty and the Beast

Shark Shark

Bump 'n Jump

Lock 'n Chase

Nightstalker

Demon Attack

Pitfall

Skiing

Star Strike

Frogger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great list, none of them take a ton of learning cells to understand how to play, and don't need area silence, both factors that matter in a 'con. Depending on Rick's cartridge stock, I might suggest adding-in Football or Baseball because they are "iconic" and sports were key titles for anyone not familiar with the system. Also, Tron Deadly Discs because it has a short learning curve; I originally thought AD&D Cloudy Mountain but you need quiet and is a little more cerebral.

I'm into making Intellivision lists, so while this opportunity has likely passed, here are my suggestions for the criteria proposed:

Burgertime

Astrosmash

Beauty and the Beast

Shark Shark

Bump 'n Jump

Lock 'n Chase

Nightstalker

Demon Attack

Pitfall

Skiing

Star Strike

Frogger

Rick, if you are bringing boxes to display on/around the setup, having something like Tron Discs might also attract eyeballs because of the movie.

• Like 1

I am going to stay away from overlay-required-gameplay games. But if the overlay is really just necessary to get into the game, I'll work around that with a cheat sheet. I'm also going to keep a handful of more rare/homebrew games on my person on the days that I'm attending, so I'll be able to show off games like Princess Quest, D2K, etc.

The games need to be there tomorrow, so I'm getting the details finished up today! Thanks again for all the suggestions.

It wasnt mentioned often enough: Shark Shark. Its a PERFECT game to present the console, because its exclusive, it hast decent graphics and sound effects and it has a pretty good gameplay with many details. Nightstalker for example would show some weak points, personally I never liked the game very much.

Another big advantage of Shark Shark: Its good to play it alone or with two players. Snafu alone is boring and most other "multiplayer" games just allow to play one after another or require a 2nd player (like the early sport games).

• Like 1