IGNORED

Yesterday I picked up some rare stuffs for Colecovision. Macadam ?

scalpel

Nice find...Adam and drive are not common in our country...in wich town did you find them ? Via le Bon coin i guess ;)

Macadam is not that common too...a nice lot. I hope you didn't pay that much but it's a great lot

Thanks :) Indeed, via le bon coin. I never saw before Macadam.. I'm really happy for this pick up :)

Nice Tournament Tennis pickup, yep that's rare... Adam drive nice as well... All very nice finds....

Thank you ! Yes, so happy to find it CIB ! And the box is really in great condition :)

Edited by scalpel

No matter what price you paid, it was well worth it for all those rare and hard to find items.

This is the first time that I have seen an official release of MacADAM. BitD this release by CBS did not make it state-side as far as I know until copies of the software and manual were eventually made and shared. Would love to see further pics of the clamshell and contents if you have a chance.

• Like 2

No matter what price you paid, it was well worth it for all those rare and hard to find items.

This is the first time that I have seen an official release of MacADAM. BitD this release by CBS did not make it state-side as far as I know until copies of the software and manual were eventually made and shared. Would love to see further pics of the clamshell and contents if you have a chance.

Here some pictures

post-32817-0-44528600-1435587522_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-48397400-1435587523_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-63197100-1435587524_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-60567900-1435587525_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-92618300-1435587545_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-25581900-1435587558_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-25291600-1435587559_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-23849500-1435587560_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for taking the time to share the additional pics of your MacAdam CIB! Interesting to see now that it was "Made in Spain" after always thinking it was made in France.

I assume since it's not pictured, there was no manual included with this one. I don't recall if the manual that I was given was a professional quality production or simple a text printout, but I do recall it was quite lengthy as it took me a couple days to type it up in SmartWriter to include on the disk/ddp.

Anyway, with this new info, my ADAM collection is no longer complete! :sad:

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to share the additional pics of your MacAdam CIB! Interesting to see now that it was "Made in Spain" after always thinking it was made in France.

I assume since it's not pictured, there was no manual included with this one. I don't recall if the manual that I was given was a professional quality production or simple a text printout, but I do recall it was quite lengthy as it took me a couple days to type it up in SmartWriter to include on the disk/ddp.

Anyway, with this new info, my ADAM collection is no longer complete! :sad:

You're welcome.

Do you have an idea how is the manual ? Is it the "Guide de consultation rapide Adam SmartWRITER" ?

As far as the manual, the "Guide de consultation rapide Adam SmartWRITER" is a quick reference for the ADAM SmartWRITER Word Processor that boots-up as soon as you turn on the ADAM Computer. I'm not sure if the instruction manual for MacADAM was ever a professional production and may have been just a word processor file put together by the programmers of MacADAM and handed over to CBS with the completed software. I would assume that this printed out word processor manual was what I received circa 1990 and then I proceeded to type it into SmartWRITER and save as three separate "DOC" files to include on the MacADAM copies that were sold through Public Domain for a couple bucks.

Here is the image file of MacADAM that can be used with Virtual ADAM/ADAMem, When you select the image file in Virtual ADAM, the contents of the directory will be listed in the righthand side window and you can click on each MacDOC# file to view it in Notepad.

MacADAM (1984) (CBS Loisors).zip

Thanks a lot for the information and file.

I ask to the seller to search any manuals (cause Frontline, Super Action Football (Soccer), Zaxxon and Macadam missed their manual), he just answered me that he found some... but I have to wait next week to see them.. Wait and See ^^

• Like 2