IGNORED

Should I get Hover Strike on cartridge?

sirlynxalot

I have hover strike on CD, but I don't have a memory track.

Since mem tracks are pretty pricey, I'm thinking of getting Hover Strike on cartridge so I can actually play through the game/save my game.

My only experience with the game is with the CD version, but I've heard they are pretty much the same game, except for a few minor enhancements (a handful of extra missions, FMV, CD music) and an improved framerate.

The FMV and cd music and extra missions aren't a big deal for me, but is the cartridge version framerate really significantly worse? Is it unplayable? Would anyone advise picking up the cheap cartridge, or should I save my pennies for the memory track?

The cart version blows. The CD version is at least tolerable.. massive framerate difference between the two. I believe the CD version has extra levels too.

The Memory Track isn't that expensive. Used ones on eBay have sold between $30 and $40 recently. There are BIN ones at $40 shipped listed right now. If you start playing other CD games like Myst or Battlemorph, you are going to be wishing you had the Memory Track.

• Like 1