IGNORED

High Score: an arcade film

Syzygy1

I like arcade games. I like the 1980s. I like movies. So one day in class, I thought, "What if I made a movie about 1980s arcade games?"

And thus, High Score was born. It is set in 1982 and follows a preteen girl, Tiffany Willis, and her best friend, Dave Bryant, who live in uptown NYC and are both huge video game fanatics. Tiffany gets tons of scores on games both at the arcade at the mall and the local arcade down the street. She's a legend at the latter, always gathering up a crowd of people watching her play. She gets her Atari 2600, ColecoVision, and Intellivision fix at the game store nearby. When the arcade is holding a tournament at the end of the year, Tiffany is determined to win. So she and Dave prove they're the best by setting the high score on every arcade across their country.

I am setting up my basement to be the Meril Valley Mall's arcade, and Flash Forward Arcade will be shot at, of course, Funspot. I'm writing the script and playing Tiffany!

Follow the progress at PlotBot! http://www.plotbot.com/screenplays/high_score/

Questions about the film can be put in the replies! See you soon!

• 2 weeks later...

There's already a "High Score" documemtary about a guy from the Pacific Northwest going for the arcade Missile Command record.

Just sayin', so there's no comfusion.

Thanks. I also want to make a 1982-style arcade complete with the music, decor, and high score table...gosh, why did the arcades DIE?!

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...