IGNORED

Picked up these NES carts tonight .

Yeah, I liked Vindicators in the arcade. It had cool controls, but didn't translate too well to an NES gamepad. (Something like the modern two stick controllers with triggers would work better, though.)

It plays great IMO on the Midway collection with a PS2 controller.

Ninja Gaiden II and Super C are some of my favorite NES games. I used to play Vindicators a lot as a kid as well. Not really a great game I guess, but you might enjoy it. Alien Syndrome's not a bad arcade port either and is worth trying. Can't comment much on the first Gauntlet, and I hear the Temple of Doom is kind of frustrating. Klax is a pretty solid port if you're into puzzle games.

buys 10 random nes games, I'd say 6 are good are good games and half those 6 are great game,

remember the konami code is a crutch don't use it, also snake rattle and roll has some great coop fun, you got the easiest(and best because of it) ninja gaiden, klax and slalom are fun, gauntlet isn't bad either though it isn't the best port. I'm pretty sure laser invasion is a light gun game meant for konami's silly headset, I don't care for alien syndrome, idiana jones, or vindicators,

how much did you pay?

buys 10 random nes games, I'd say 6 are good are good games and half those 6 are great game,

remember the konami code is a crutch don't use it, also snake rattle and roll has some great coop fun, you got the easiest(and best because of it) ninja gaiden, klax and slalom are fun, gauntlet isn't bad either though it isn't the best port. I'm pretty sure laser invasion is a light gun game meant for konami's silly headset, I don't care for alien syndrome, idiana jones, or vindicators,

how much did you pay?

I paid 9 for Ninja Gaiden . All the rest were anywhere from 5 to 7 each on average . Super C was 20 btw .

I paid 9 for Ninja Gaiden . All the rest were anywhere from 5 to 7 each on average . Super C was 20 btw .

not bad, not amazing, though getting stupid cheap nes games is harder and harder, and I haven't been looking for nes games for the last 2 years so maybe it is a better deal than I think it is, since alot of classic stuff seems really expensive right now. should have little trouble getting your money's worth out of them.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is very different from the arcade game. It kinda follows the same general outline, but tries to turn it more into a something of a strategy/puzzle game rather than a straight action game. I find it lackluster.

KLAX is good. It's hard to mess up KLAX.

Gauntlet has a lot of embellishments, but the game plays the same once you're actually in the dungeons, so it's pretty good. Beware trying to play Gauntlet on a NoaC clone; odds are it won't work.

Alien Syndrome is quite hard, but then so was the arcade game. The NES version is faithful, so if you liked the original you'll probably like this. And of course it's worth it for the novelty of playing a Sega game on a Nintendo console.

• 4 weeks later...

It is good but I find that the pieces don't move to easily ? Almost feel heavy :-D

Nintendo Tetris plays better for hardcore players but Tengen is great for casuals. The levels progress slower. Every 30 lines until you hit 150, then level progresses every 50 lines. I think 17 is the highest level. It's doesn't get as fast as Nintendo but higher levels get harder because the pieces move more slowly.

Like I said, Tengen Tetris is the better game for casual players. You also get dancers at the end of each stage. The more multiple line combos you fill, the more dancers. Also, bonus points for filling lines are not added 'till the end of the stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Tetris is going down a little . Here is one for 48 shipped so minus the shipping cost and fees I would expect to pay 40 cash for it . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tetris-Tengen-Nintendo-NES-1989-/301722227956?hash=item46400bd4f4

All the higher priced ones seem to just sit on ebay . Looks like it typically sells in the 40 or 50 dollar range .