IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

Hi everyone,

While separating my carts into a better logical (for me) order, I began to notice that I've purchased a decent amount of Hombrews over the years. This is testimony to the great work that each of you has done in bringing these great games to life. I myself never owned an Atari during my youth, and actually picked up my very first 4 Switch Woody back in 2008. My first Homebrew game was Mondo Pong.

I'd like to personally thank all of you talented individuals, for not only creating these games, but for also designing the labels, manuals and boxes!

post-21941-0-90995200-1435962575_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-16361400-1435962588_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-76305800-1435962602_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-55156000-1435962612_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-42862700-1435962622_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-38910900-1435962635_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-89060500-1435962643_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-07220200-1435962655_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-64194500-1435962671_thumb.jpg

post-21941-0-17275700-1435962685_thumb.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 8

Here are all I have:

Endless Snow

Juno First

Lead

Oystron

Missile Command TB

Reflex

ColecoVision

Girl's Garden

Gulkave

Module Man

Moon Patrol

Ninja Princess

Astroblaster

Bob's 30th Anniversary Collection

Donkey Kong XM

Plutos

Scramble

Sirius

NES

The Mad Wizard

Turbografx-16

Atlantean

Mysterious Song

Genesis

Pier Solar

Lynx

Zaku

Dreamcast

Fast Stryker

Gunlord

Last Hope: Pink Bullets

Neo XYX

Sturmwind

I own some repros of things (notably for SNES and Genesis), but I don't really count those in the same league as homebrews. I ordered some more CV games from TeamPixelboy, but I thiunk I'm not supposed to get those until September. Of course I eagerly await some of the upcoming 2600 games here, too!

• Like 1

I have a couple here & there that I've ended up with over the years, and I admit that many of them are great games & are fun to play, but as a general rule, I have never cared for home brew games. (for any system)

I do however enjoy seeing & playing "ports" of games for the systems. As an example, Lady Bug for 2600, or say Galaga for Colecovision, or the recent PAC-Man & Donkey Kong attempts for the 2600. That type of programming work impresses me & is enjoyable to me.

Here are all I have:

Endless Snow

Juno First

Lead

Oystron

Missile Command TB

Reflex

ColecoVision

Girl's Garden

Gulkave

Module Man

Moon Patrol

Ninja Princess

Astroblaster

Bob's 30th Anniversary Collection

Donkey Kong XM

Plutos

Scramble

Sirius

NES

The Mad Wizard

Turbografx-16

Atlantean

Mysterious Song

Genesis

Pier Solar

Lynx

Zaku

Dreamcast

Fast Stryker

Gunlord

Last Hope: Pink Bullets

Neo XYX

Sturmwind

I own some repros of things (notably for SNES and Genesis), but I don't really count those in the same league as homebrews. I ordered some more CV games from TeamPixelboy, but I thiunk I'm not supposed to get those until September. Of course I eagerly await some of the upcoming 2600 games here, too!

Donkey Kong XM would make a nice addition to my collection!

Hi everyone,

While separating my carts into a better logical (for me) order, I began to notice that I've purchased a decent amount of Hombrews over the years. This is testimony to the great work that each of you has done in bringing these great games to life. I myself never owned an Atari during my youth, and actually picked up my very first 4 Switch Woody back in 2008. My first Homebrew game was Mondo Pong.

I'd like to personally thank all of you talented individuals, for not only creating these games, but for also designing the labels, manuals and boxes!

My apologies...just realized that my 2600 Homebrews may not be easy to make out. So here's the list:

2005 Mini Game Multi Cart

Holiday Greeting Cart 2003 #15

Holiday Greeting Cart 2004 - Holiday Qb #55

Holiday Greeting Cart 2005 - Reindeer Rescue #110

Holiday Greeting Cart 2006 - Toyshop Trouble #95

Holiday Greeting Cart 2007 - Stella's Stocking #79

Holiday Greeting Cart 2014 - Stay Frosty 2 #175

Backfire

Berzerk Voice Enhanced (I know, a Hack)

Colony 7

Dungeon

Edtris 2600 #0237

Fall Down

Four-Play

Go-Fish!

Gunfight

Juno First

Lady Bug

Missile Command: Track-Ball (I know...another Hack, but just as important as adding the Audio to Berzerk IMHO)

Mono Pong

Oystron

Qb

Seawolf

Skeleton+

SoundX - (Ferg Effect!)

Space Chase - Personalized Edition via 2600 Connection

Space Treat Deluxe

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe

Swoops

This Planet Sucks

Vault Assault

In spite of the fact that my very first game system as a kid was an Atari 2600 (or rather, a ColecoVision with an Atari 2600 expansion module) I didn't really start getting into Atari and collecting for the 2600 until a couple years ago. Since I've only been collecting for a few years now I don't have that many homebrews yet, but I really enjoy the few that I do have and consider them to be some of my favorite games on the system. :)

4u41yZn.jpg

- Dungeon

- Princess Rescue (reproduction)

- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

- Wolfenstein VCS: The Next Mission

Oddly enough, when I got back into Atari a few years ago the very first game I bought for my 2600 was The Lord of the Rings. It's a fairly short little text adventure that doesn't have much in the way of replay value, but I gotta say that the manual is undoubtedly the most hilariously written game manual I've ever seen. The manual alone was worth the price of the game!

There are still more than a dozen homebrews I'd like to add to my library, but my experience with every homebrew game I've purchased thus far has been really positive so I'm sure I'll pick them all up in time. Zippy the Porcupine, Brik, Lead, K.O. Cruiser, and Skeleton+ are all at the top of my Atari 2600 Wants List right now. :)

• Like 3

In spite of the fact that my very first game system as a kid was an Atari 2600 (or rather, a ColecoVision with an Atari 2600 expansion module) I didn't really start getting into Atari and collecting for the 2600 until a couple years ago. Since I've only been collecting for a few years now I don't have that many homebrews yet, but I really enjoy the few that I do have and consider them to be some of my favorite games on the system. :)

4u41yZn.jpg

- Dungeon

- Princess Rescue (reproduction)

- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

- Wolfenstein VCS: The Next Mission

Oddly enough, when I got back into Atari a few years ago the very first game I bought for my 2600 was The Lord of the Rings. It's a fairly short little text adventure that doesn't have much in the way of replay value, but I gotta say that the manual is undoubtedly the most hilariously written game manual I've ever seen. The manual alone was worth the price of the game!

There are still more than a dozen homebrews I'd like to add to my library, but my experience with every homebrew game I've purchased thus far has been really positive so I'm sure I'll pick them all up in time. Zippy the Porcupine, Brik, Lead, K.O. Cruiser, and Skeleton+ are all at the top of my Atari 2600 Wants List right now. :)

Wolfenstein VCS is on my short list, as are new comers Star Castle Arcade, L.E.M. and Wall Jump Ninja :)

• Like 1

Wolfenstein VCS is on my short list, as are new comers Star Castle Arcade, L.E.M. and Wall Jump Ninja :)

If you like Venture then you can't go wrong with Wolfenstein VCS. It's a massively upgraded and wonderfully fun take on the Venture style of gameplay, and well worth the price of admission. I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I've logged in Wolfenstein VCS and it's still just as fun every time I play it. Scott Dayton and Robert Mundschau really did an amazing job on this game.

I know what you mean about looking forward to new homebrews too! That's one of the things I like the most about collecting for the Atari 2600; knowing that there will always be (for the foreseeable future) great new games coming out every year. I've had the money set aside for Zippy the Porcupine and Brik ever since their cartridge releases were announced and can't wait to pick them up as come out. :)

If you like Venture then you can't go wrong with Wolfenstein VCS. It's a massively upgraded and wonderfully fun take on the Venture style of gameplay, and well worth the price of admission. I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I've logged in Wolfenstein VCS and it's still just as fun every time I play it. Scott Dayton and Robert Mundschau really did an amazing job on this game.

I know what you mean about looking forward to new homebrews too! That's one of the things I like the most about collecting for the Atari 2600; knowing that there will always be (for the foreseeable future) great new games coming out every year. I've had the money set aside for Zippy the Porcupine and Brik ever since their cartridge releases were announced and can't wait to pick them up as come out. :)

Yes...Zippy looks good too! Thanks for your take on Wolfenstein VCS.

Hi everyone,

Space Chase monogrammed version, homebrew or remake of the special offer from Apollo? I wouldn't say homebrew

My apologies...just realized that my 2600 Homebrews may not be easy to make out. So here's the list:

2005 Mini Game Multi Cart

Holiday Greeting Cart 2003 #15

Holiday Greeting Cart 2004 - Holiday Qb #55

Holiday Greeting Cart 2005 - Reindeer Rescue #110

Holiday Greeting Cart 2006 - Toyshop Trouble #95

Holiday Greeting Cart 2007 - Stella's Stocking #79

Holiday Greeting Cart 2014 - Stay Frosty 2 #175

Backfire

Berzerk Voice Enhanced (I know, a Hack)

Colony 7

Dungeon

Edtris 2600 #0237

Fall Down

Four-Play

Go-Fish!

Gunfight

Juno First

Lady Bug

Missile Command: Track-Ball (I know...another Hack, but just as important as adding the Audio to Berzerk IMHO)

Mono Pong

Oystron

Qb

Seawolf

Skeleton+

SoundX - (Ferg Effect!)

Space Chase - Personalized Edition via 2600 Connection

Space Treat Deluxe

Strat-O-Gems Deluxe

Swoops

This Planet Sucks

Vault Assault

Wow, I didn't know about the Personalized Edition of Space Chase! Thanks for turning me on to that

Space Chase monogrammed version, homebrew or remake of the special offer from Apollo? I wouldn't say homebrew

I agree...its better described as a reproduction. BTW, can you believe that you could have owned a monogrammed version for only $99.95 in 1982. :-D

Wow, that was quite a collection. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, although that's not actually all of them, I'm keeping some of them. And that's just 2600, I've got practically every 7800 homebrew made too. And every Vectrex homebrew.

Not many. I prefer to collect original titles.

2600 -
Swoops!

Thrust+ Platinum

Princess Rescue

Halloween (repro)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (repro)

5200 -

Koffi Yellow Copter

Adventure II

Christmas Cart

7800 -

Beef Drop

Odyssey 2 -

KTAA!

Vectrex -

Sean Kelly Multicart 2.0

Thrust (or Vecthrust or whatever it's called)

Protector/YASI

NES -

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version; repro)

I think that's it.