IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Update. This should be it for a while. Need to save up for the Edladdin Super Twin 78!

List includes 2600 repros and 7800 prototypes.

2600 Homebrews
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 Mini Game Multi Cart
Holiday Greeting Cart 2003 #15
Holiday Greeting Cart 2004 - Holiday Qb #55
Holiday Greeting Cart 2005 - Reindeer Rescue #110
Holiday Greeting Cart 2006 - Toyshop Trouble #95
Holiday Greeting Cart 2007 - Stella's Stocking #79
Holiday Greeting Cart 2014 - Stay Frosty 2 #175
Backfire
Bomb on Pixel City
Cave In - CIB
Chetiry
Colony 7
Crazy Balloon
Desert Bus 2600
Dungeon
Edtris 2600 #0237
Fall Down
Four-Play
Game Panic LCD - CIB
Go-Fish!
Gunfight
Halo 2600 - CIB
Hunger Shark - CIB (Blue #17)
Juno First
Lady Bug
Lady Bug - Coleco Collectors Edition #56
Mean Santa
Medieval Mayhem - CIB (Signed)
Mono Pong
Muncher
Omicron
Oystron
Qb
Saboteur - CIB (Signed)
Seawolf
Skeleton+
SoundX
Space Chase - Personalized Edition via 2600 Connection
Space Instigators - CIB
Space Raid - CIB
Space Rocks - CIB (Signed)
Space Rocks Tournament Edition - (Signed)
Space Treat Deluxe
Star Castle Arcade - CIB
Strat-O-Gems Deluxe
Swoops
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
This Planet Sucks
Thrust+ Platinum - CIB
Turbo - CIB
Vault Assault
Wall Jump Ninja - CIB
Warring Worms #81
Zippy The Porcupine - CIB

7800 Homebrews
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alpha Race
Asteroids Deluxe
Astro Blaster
Astro Fighter - CIB
B*nQ
Beef Drop
Crazy Brix
Dungeon Stalker - CIB
Frenxy - CIB
Jr. Pac Man
Moon Cresta - CIB
Pac Man Collection
Pultos (with Box)
Scramble
Sirius (with Box)
Space Invaders

• Like 1

First homebrew cart I ever bought was Duck Attack!. Then Star Castle (the 32,000 version :P, which I recently sold). The latest homebrew cart/s I picked up are the Computer Space/PONG ColecoVision set. I know they're technically ports of arcade games, but they're also still technically homebrew, as they weren't based off of the original code (well imo and afaik ;)). Mad props to CollectorVision who were AWESOME to deal with btw, and very accomodating. And the games and packaging were def worth the $150 price tag to me. Beautiful set.

• Like 1

Hmm, looks like either I'm blind, or the edit button disappears after awhile. Anyways, I had made a slight error.

I didn't purchase the Computer Space/PONG set from CollectorVision, as they were sold out. They were awesome though and referred me to GoodDealGames. The last I knew, they had two sets left when I purchased mine, and I'm wanting to buy the last one (if it's still available). I wanted the colored cart set, but I received the classic old school black carts, which is still cool.

Anyways, I can't afford the $150 for another set right now. So instead of hoarding this knowledge to myself 'til I can afford it...I'm letting my kb brethren know about this, in case anybody has been wanting it, but haven't been able to find it. The set includes a download for the ROMs (which is emailed, so you don't have to even open the shrinkwrap, if that's how you roll). I gotta have dem ROMzes, as I don't own a ColecoVision.

Oh, and these games were done up freaking proper by the dev (Kiwi I believe). I don't think any of you would be disappointed.

http://www.gooddealgames.com/

You'll probably deal with a great guy named Michael. He'll take real good care of ya.

For the 2600, I have 8 homebrews.

Newest arrival is Zippy.

I also have Go Fish, Seawolf, Lady Bug, Fall Down, PacMan 4K, Princess Rescue and Juno First.

I also have 3 hacks - PacMan Arcade, Space Invaders Arcade and Space Invaders Deluxe.

Your 8 are all good. I highly recommend Start Castle Arcade, Space Rocks and Thrust+ Platinum. :)

• Like 1

This thread caused me to spend most of my holiday bonus in the AtariAge store! I have a few homebrews and hacks and am always looking for more. Some big holes to fill after last year--I took a long break from collecting and pared things down. If anyone has an extra copy of the numbered AA holiday edition of Stay Frosty 2, please shoot me a message if you'd like to sell to a non-scalper. :)

Happy homebrew holidays to all and to all a good sprite!

• Like 2

Your 8 are all good. I highly recommend Start Castle Arcade, Space Rocks and Thrust+ Platinum. :)

Funny - I went looking for a video of Thrust, and the first one I found, the first search return, features a guy who obviously has no idea what he's doing, trying to comment on the game. The definition of pointless.

Everyone says Star Castle is great, but it's not a game I have any attachment to. Don't think I had ever heard of it. I might consider buying an unboxed version, if one ever becomes available.

Funny - I went looking for a video of Thrust, and the first one I found, the first search return, features a guy who obviously has no idea what he's doing, trying to comment on the game. The definition of pointless.

Everyone says Star Castle is great, but it's not a game I have any attachment to. Don't think I had ever heard of it. I might consider buying an unboxed version, if one ever becomes available.

But then you won't be able to build the mini Star Castle papercraft cab. I glued some dice in the bottom of mine for support.

Before the Kickstarter project and before I joined the development of Star Castle Arcade, I only knew it by its name. :)

It becomes (IMO) brutally hard in the Arcade original soon. We have reduced that difficulty ramp up significantly, but it still definitely is no game for casual gaming.

Before the Kickstarter project and before I joined the development of Star Castle Arcade, I only knew it by its name. :)

It becomes (IMO) brutally hard in the Arcade original soon. We have reduced that difficulty ramp up significantly, but it still definitely is no game for casual gaming.

It's all good. If I can get two or three levels deep, I've experienced most of the game, even the ones I suck at. The rest is score attack. The same can't be said of later gen Nintendo games. You're still missing most of the game if you can only beat the first stage or so, which eventually led to lazy devs putting a lot more polish into the early stages. Games like Ninja Gaiden for instance, may have had brilliant design for the first three or four stages, then got frustrating and unfair with cheap deaths as you progessed.

But back to arcade games; they suck you in by making you play another credit. If people could play for hours, the arcades would lose money. Even the late era games that gave you infinite continues as long as you kept inserting quarters, were balls hard if you tried to play through on a single credit. So Star Castle is one of those quarter drainers, and it shows when you only get a couple thousand points. But a good game kicking your ass is still a good game.

• Like 1

If I can get two or three levels deep, I've experienced most of the game, even the ones I suck at. The rest is score attack.

100% agreed.

That's why I like games where you discover something new while playing. In Cosmic Ark it was just those tiny little creatures, in Thrust you discover all new caves, Boulder Dash introduces new elements slowly and faces you with new levels and challenges. Same for SF2, where a lot of thought was put into the level design.

One screen games, which just ramp up in difficulty can be a lot of fun too. But you have to be good at them to really enjoy them.

My homebrew list:

Alfred Challenge

Allia Quest

Boulder Dash

Edtris

Fall Down

K.O. Cruiser

Pressure Gauge

Gingerbread Man

Jammed

The Last Ninja (terrible)

Marble Craze