IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

This! I was at a CGE Expo years ago (2007 I think?) when this came out. I had my money ready, and walked around, looking for good deals and cool homebrews. At one of the first places I stopped, they had 2 new homebrews-- N.E.R.D.S. and "The Last Ninja". They were both limited edition, and homebrews had traditionally sold out too quickly, so I made time to look at the games. I tried out N.E.R.D.S. on the 2600 they had there. Frankly, it didn't look too polished to me, so I wasn't interested. However, the Last Ninja was sitting there, and the graphics looked ok to me. So, I tried it out on the 2600 that was sitting there. "Hey-- it's a pretty cool game", I thought to myself. I didn't do much, but ran through maybe 8 rooms or so. It had a "Secret Quest" feel to it-- sold!

I was so disappointed when I got home to realize that I was one room away from beating the game. In total, the game only has 16 rooms, and no randomization.

I even found my old review here for others to read, if they're interested:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/111089-the-last-ninja-is-as-short-as-airlock/

This game had so much promise, and I have no idea what happened. I don't know who the author is, but if they went back and added randomization and a bigger map, they'd have something interesting on their hands.

-John

Ya, mine is not the "special edition"....but I believe the only difference is a yellow banner on the box and it sold for more money? I could be wrong though.

That must be pretty boring. Bargains are so much more fun.

Sometimes I pay a lot for a game if I have to. Until recently I have never spent a lot of money on collecting, and it is true that getting a good deal whether I can afford it or not is always a lot more fun. It's sad that eBay is really the only option for this now days. Mainly because I live in a very rural area. At least my collection is safe. If someone from my area broke in to steal something they would have no idea how much those old Atari games on my bookshelf are worth . They would probably try and steal my 36" trinitron, until they realized they couldn't get it up the stairs without 2 really strong guys and a hand truck. If someone was able to get it by there self they totally deserve it.

• Like 2

I only have two homebrews at the moment. I currently own Juno First for the 2600 and Star Versus for the NES. Both are bar none my favorite go to titles for both platforms. I do have plans on buying Flappy and Fall Down for 2600, Scramble for 7800, and Germ Squashers for NES (I love how buying the game is donating to Childrens Miracle Network, and getting a free game to boot).

I've gone as far as making some UGC box covers for both games to match the rest of my Nintendo and Atari collections.

post-47952-0-74616800-1474518819_thumb.jpg

Edited by matthew954

• 2 months later...

My few homebrews - just started collecting in 2015:

Atari 2600

Stella's Stocking (cart and manual autographed by Darrell Spice Jr.)

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier #172 (cart and manual autographed by Darrell Spice Jr.)

Halo 2600 (w/ manual)

Lady Bug LE #72 (CIB)

Spies in the Night (only 1 made)

INTV

Copter Command LE (w/ 2 overlays, 4 manuals, patch, cut-out, toy helicopter)

Vectrex

none

post-2652-0-79679600-1481522643_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-99120100-1481522712_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-27927300-1481522780_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-77723700-1481522849_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-45609400-1481522917_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-82344800-1481522923_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-59486000-1481523053_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-37747600-1481523118_thumb.jpg

post-2652-0-80797200-1481523183_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nice collection :thumbsup: I'd like get a copy made of Spies in the Night. I really like the text label, seems appropriate for this game.

Your INTY Copter Command is really cool CIB. I recently purchased an INTY II from AA member Rowsdower70 (excellent customer service - highly recommmend). I also picked up the following homebrews for it (will post pics a later time).

Boulder Dash

DK Arcade
D2K Arcade
GOSUB
Missile Domination
*On Order: Copter Command and Ultimate Pong
Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 2

Got me a couple: Ature, Boulder Dash 2600, Boulder Dash 5200. I put Adventure II and a few others on carts, but I don't know if they count as homebrews. I would really like Another Adventure. It looks great!

If you ever want to sell your 5200 Bouler Dash, please let me know.

• Like 1

Nice collection :thumbsup: I'd like get a copy made of Spies in the Night. I really like the text label, seems appropriate for this game.

Thanks! I actually designed that label for it. But there was a typo on it which was my mistake.

Your INTY Copter Command is really cool CIB. I recently purchased an INTY II from AA member Rowsdower70 (excellent customer service - highly recommmend). I also picked up the following homebrews for it (will post pics a later time).

Thanks! I won it thru "The Official 2016 COPTER COMMANDOS High Score Competition" here in the AA forums.

Yeah I know Row, I met him for the first time at the 2015 Houston ArcadeExpo. I was the one who told him about that convention. We go way back on Atari.IO.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...