IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

Since my last post, I've jumped headlong into homebrews. Right now my list is mostly NES homebrews, but I have several 2600 and 7800 carts I want. Here's my list so far

Atari 2600

Juno First

NES

Star Versust

Haunted Halloween 85

Haunted Halloween 86

Germ Squashers CIB

Blow Em Out

Beerslinger

Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary (hack)

SNES

Astrohawk

• Like 1

Nice! You've been busy. What do you think of the ET Book Cart and The Realm of NO!

I haven't popped either of those in yet.

Did the price of the Hozer homebrew carts include royalties for the homebrew authors?

You likely know the answer to that more than me. but I would seriously doubt hozer pays anyone for their work. I would hope the stuff from Good Deal Games pays out royalties but I'm not privy to that info either.

You likely know the answer to that more than me. but I would seriously doubt hozer pays anyone for their work. I would hope the stuff from Good Deal Games pays out royalties but I'm not privy to that info either.

AFAIK, like every other source (except one), Good Deal Games pays royalties.

I really wonder how people tick who know about this situation, still continue to buy from there (especially homebrews) and then go public with that.

• Like 1

I really wonder how people tick who know about this situation, still continue to buy from there (especially homebrews) and then go public with that.

I've only made one or two orders from hozer (years ago), most of my hozer made carts are from Good Deal Games or from members here in the marketplace. hozer carts are not even on my want list but I'd rather take them out of circulation than have more made.

True. But there is an even better option. ;)

I am curious to ask/learn: what would be a better option? Are those games still available through other avenues? Thanks!

Edit: Oh, I think all of those games are Ebvision games, available through AA!

I saw boxed copies of the ebvision collection for 700 dollars. Wow! I would never guess they were expensive, especially Merlin's Walls :P

I only own 3. Pac man 4K, Halo 2600, and Melbourne Tatty. Looking online to see if I could get others like Bioshock 2600 and Mega Man 2600, but it's impossible to find any homebrew games for sale outside of the Atari Age Store.

I don't think there is a Bioshock 2600 besides mock up images. Mega Man 2600 is only a demo.

Publishers
AtariAge
AtAriAge should be your first stop when looking for homebrew games to buy. The largest and best selection out there and the quality is top notch.
Packrat Video Games
Packrat has a decent selection of hacks and homebrews to buy, some are titles you can already find in the AtariAge store.
Hozer Video Games
Hozer has a pretty negative reputation with the 2600 community, because of the legitimacy of how the business is ran. from unauthorized homebrews and not paying royalties to the horrid labels he makes, I can't recommend ordering or supporting this business model. also avoid his eBay listings as some are also sold elsewhere.
Not adding the link, you can use google if want to hurt the hobby.
Good Deal Games
GDG has lots of homebrews for many systems, some 2600 ones are exclusives, though they are made by Hozer. several other homebrews from AtariAge are there and sometimes there's some limited editions there.
Lost Classics
This listing could also fall under the individual games listed below as "Road Warriors" is the only game available to buy. it is a store though so games may be added at a later date.
Individual Games
Defend Your Castle
DYC comes with a PCB and a label, you supply the cart casing. nice idea to get rid of a spare super common game.
Checked Inn & Pigs in the Castle
Checked Inn and Pigs in the Castle are sold as a bundle
  • Like 4

I don't think there is a Bioshock 2600 besides mock up images. Mega Man 2600 is only a demo.

Publishers
AtariAge
AtAriAge should be your first stop when looking for homebrew games to buy. The largest and best selection out there and the quality is top notch.
Packrat Video Games
Packrat has a decent selection of hacks and homebrews to buy, some are titles you can already find in the AtariAge store.
Hozer Video Games
Hozer has a pretty negative reputation with the 2600 community, because of the legitimacy of how the business is ran. from unauthorized homebrews and not paying royalties to the horrid labels he makes, I can't recommend ordering or supporting this business model. also avoid his eBay listings as some are also sold elsewhere.
Not adding the link, you can use google if want to hurt the hobby.
Good Deal Games
GDG has lots of homebrews for many systems, some 2600 ones are exclusives, though they are made by Hozer. several other homebrews from AtariAge are there and sometimes there's some limited editions there.
Lost Classics
This listing could also fall under the individual games listed below as "Road Warriors" is the only game available to buy. it is a store though so games may be added at a later date.
Individual Games
Defend Your Castle
DYC comes with a PCB and a label, you supply the cart casing. nice idea to get rid of a spare super common game.
Checked Inn & Pigs in the Castle
Checked Inn and Pigs in the Castle are sold as a bundle

I know Bioshock 2600 is a fake, but a guy can hope right? :P I mean, Halo 2600 is a thing. I didn't realize that Mega Man 2600 was just a demo though, seemed like something that would have gotten finished.

Sounds like you're a jaded business partner to Hozer. Not gonna lie, the renegade part of me wants to look into getting some Hozer games now after that review. May I ask what happened?

Lost Classics

Lost Classics usually does one or two exclusives for PRGE every year. I think they've made unsold copies available on their website in the past.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo

I bought from Hozer, until I read this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/17502-the-sad-story-about-my-atari-2600-tv-format-conversions/

For the new homebrew collectors, it's hard to tell who to support. The Atari Age store is a very safe bet. The forums are great & Al is a pleasure to deal with. I still don't know enough about other sellers, so I don't buy from anywhere else. :)

I bought from Hozer, until I read this:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/17502-the-sad-story-about-my-atari-2600-tv-format-conversions/

For the new homebrew collectors, it's hard to tell who to support. The Atari Age store is a very safe bet. The forums are great & Al is a pleasure to deal with. I still don't know enough about other sellers, so I don't buy from anywhere else. :)

Wow, that is pretty shitty. Its a shame people can be that way.

This is a good group to join. There is a guy named Scott in this group, and he sells nice hacks & homebrews. He's a very friendly, honest seller.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Atari2600homebrew/

+1 for Scott Dayton. I have purchased several games from him and also recommend him. He goes by neotokeo2001 here on AA. :)

• Like 1

Stella's Stocking

Backfire

Encaved

Candy Catcher

inv+

Chunkout 2600

Gunfight

Reindeer Rescue

Air Raid repro

Gamma-Attack repro

Alligator People repro

X-Man repro

Mean Santa LE

Meltdown LE

KABOOM! Fast Food Lunchbox edition #6

I am hoping to add 2 per month, starting with Lord of the Rings and The Byte Before Christmas.

• Like 1