IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

11 hours ago, the_hawk said:

I have one homebrew game, Medieval Mayhem & it's utterly glorious, probably my favourite game.

Medieval Mayhem should be in everyone's collection. This game is always in our 'game night' rotation.  We are hosting a birthday party for a friend in a couple of weeks and he's requested that we play Atari (specifically Medieval Mayhem).

11 hours ago, the_hawk said:

I'll be picking up 7800 Arkanoid as soon as it's released though, I'd class that as an essential purchase!

I think 7800 Arkanoid will be amazing, but I am a bit biased.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sramirez2008 said:

Both are excellent games. Now that you’re becoming familiar with the thread (and hopefully the Store Reviews), I dare you to not catch the bug and order more home brews. ? 

<Edit> Not responsible for future “In$piration”

Btw, ZeroPageHomebrew is a good way to keep up with the latest homebrew intel. (Just in case your not aware of this).

Have fun playing Atari today!

I was just playing Pac-Man 4K, which I hadn't in a while, and was blown away by how great it looks, sounds and plays. Very much looking forward to Aadvark when it arrives, the box also looks amazing. Funny enough, this thread and the store review is what led me to finally get Aadvark, so you might be right. ?

Oh I'm also expecting the Harmony cart today as well so I feel like I'm doing a good job catching the bug.

In$piration!!! Now that's very accurate. ???

Sweet, I actually wasn't aware of ZeroPageHomebrew, also love that I can catch the livestream tomorrow, nice!

I will and you too! ?️

Edited by Atari2008
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, save2600 said:

To those with Good Deal Games 'brews... curious: how's the turnaround time on them, from ordering to delivery? Quality of carts... generally good shape and clean? Label quality nice? 

I just bought 2 Odyssey2 homebrews from Good Deal Games recently. The turnaround time is really fast as is shipping, things are a little slower now as they go to the post office a bit less often due to COVID19. But still with all that it was super fast. As for the Odyssey 2 games I have, I say the labels and case design look pretty good quality to me. They're also great about returns if you decide you don't like a game for any reason. A few months back I bought a 2600 homebrew there, the quality of the label seemed good to me, but for whatever reason even after them sending me a replacement game, the game would always show a rolling image on my 2600 so I was able to return both copies for a refund. They're great to work with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, save2600 said:

To those with Good Deal Games 'brews... curious: how's the turnaround time on them, from ordering to delivery? Quality of carts... generally good shape and clean? Label quality nice? 

Michael usually ships my games out the day after i send payment. I'm pretty sure he has all of these games in stock, and aren't made on demand. The only possibly negative thing i can say, is the labels are sometimes peeling off at a corner every so often when i receive them, and i need to really press the label down, and its fine. Other than that the carts are clean, have the dust covers, and I've never recieved a non working game. Plus Michael is a real nice guy. Just an fyi, the labels are in the style of "older" homebrew releases and not the quality of Atariage labels. Just something worth mentioning.

20191114_213539.jpg

Edited by jwelsh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

This!

He's a nice guy and pleasant to deal with via email and even nicer in person. I met him at PRGE last year. Buy with confidence.?

Agree! Michael is a very nice guy, I've only had email interactions with him but hope to meet him at a future convention. Definitely can say buy with confidence and support his store. Lots of great homebrews for various systems.

Wasn't gonna post pics here anymore, but nevermind:

Good Deal Games, also excellent service, great offers when buying several games. And, he gets the customs paperwork sorted, that's a plus already.

Sunset DrivePro Golf

And, he still sells the VideoSoft games, well worth getting

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 1

I bought these 2 KC Munchkin games from Michael at Good Deal Games, and as you can see from the case and extras (from KC's Escape), it's top notch stuff. Michael was super nice over email and shipped the games really quickly. Will definitely be a repeat customer, and if you're an Odyssey 2 fan as well, I recommend these.

20200520_095837.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jwelsh said:

Just an fyi, the labels are in the style of "older" homebrew releases and not the quality of Atariage labels. Just something worth mentioning.

20191114_213539.jpg

The quality of the labels is the only thing that's keeping me from ordering from Good Deal Games. I love their sports titles, but I'm used to the quality of the AA store.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, hizzy said:

The quality of the labels is the only thing that's keeping me from ordering from Good Deal Games. I love their sports titles, but I'm used to the quality of the AA store.

Never ran across them before.  They've got a couple games I'm interested in listed on the site, but the main page says the store is closed?  Wonder what happened?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far...
CIBS: 
N.E.R.D.S.
Chetiry
Space Cactus Canyon
HALO 2600
Aardvark
Wizard Of Wor Arcade
Galagon
Mappy
Space Rocks
Draconian
Medieval Mayhem
Pac-Man 4K
Spies in the Night
Juno First

Sing Carts: 
Synth Cart
IMG_20200720_154808.thumb.jpg.0142cb081f678a9eb1904d0ddea2bea9.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, keebz said:

So far...
CIBS: 
N.E.R.D.S.
Chetiry
Space Cactus Canyon
HALO 2600
Aardvark
Wizard Of Wor Arcade
Galagon
Mappy
Space Rocks
Draconian
Medieval Mayhem
Pac-Man 4K
Spies in the Night
Juno First

Sing Carts: 
Synth Cart
IMG_20200720_154808.thumb.jpg.0142cb081f678a9eb1904d0ddea2bea9.jpg

Where did you get the spies in the night box? That looks cool!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Counting down...3 days left for the release of latest homebrews. My thanks to all of the developers/creatives that were involved.?

image.png.8add6d0f51f021ab4b711dbe6ef800ec.png

I'm not seeing that in the store. All I'm seeing is a big ol' 2.

I'm assuming that means... February?

;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to John, Robotron won't be out until next year:

We were originally planning a holiday 2020 release but since Zoo Keeper and Avalanche have been delayed in the store (plus we're still working on the artwork for RobotWar, being done by David Exton), we're pushing the release to early 2021 (not sure exactly when yet). 

• Like 1