IGNORED

Which Homebrew carts do you own?

sramirez2008

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent Albert my last spare Ballblazer for Pacman Collection. The music in this game is so iconic, it is worth the sound upgrade. Still my favorite homebrew game. My other loot is Froggie (TIA version / XM enhanced), Balloon Trip, Millipede TB, and Serpentine.

I will not be upgrading my Beef Drop or Froggie carts as both of these games should work out of the box with XM enhanced audio, assuming it comes out eventually. I am saving one loose Pokey chip for future 7800 flashcart use, and my other pristine Ballblazer cart is for the collection.

These chips are getting hard to find, and soon there won't be any more readily available sources, unless Batari gets his Hokey chip finished.

• Like 1

I just sent Albert my last spare Ballblazer for Pacman Collection. The music in this game is so iconic, it is worth the sound upgrade. Still my favorite homebrew game...

Curious, did you get the smaller dot version? I'm so on the fence of wanting this myself. Bob said he didn't/doesn't care for that version since the dots aren't aligned always (relative to the maze), but damn does it look good upon first blush.

I see Albert is still demonstrating the regular (thick) 7800 dot version of Pac-Man Collection at the shows. So there must be something to that... or?

To thick-dot PMC or not, is the question. :lol:

• Like 1

Curious, did you get the smaller dot version? I'm so on the fence of wanting this myself. Bob said he didn't/doesn't care for that version since the dots aren't aligned always (relative to the maze), but damn does it look good upon first blush.

I see Albert is still demonstrating the regular (thick) 7800 dot version of Pac-Man Collection at the shows. So there must be something to that... or?

To thick-dot PMC or not, is the question. :lol:

Good question. I believe Albert just uploaded the screenshots of the thick dot TIA version. The TIA Pacman Collection in the shop is thick dots. The PMP Anniversary multicart (also TIA) has the thin dot version. I looked up a youtube video of Pokey Pacman Collection to judge the audio (since he hasn't uploaded videos yet) and it had the thin dot version.

My understanding is the thin dot version was released after the thick dot version was released in store. And I am guessing the Pokey variant of this game was developed after the changes to the dot size. But I do not know. Were the booth demos TIA or Pokey audio?

I too would prefer thin dots for my new Pacman Collection PK cart but that is not a dealbreaker to me either way.

I did find this thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/162512-pac-man-collection-with-pokey-sound/?p=2004997

Presumably numberous improvements have been made. No mention of screenshots or dot size, yet (but I am still reading it). Cheers...

Edit: small dots!?!? :grin:

post-8459-127299515853.jpg

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/162512-pac-man-collection-with-pokey-sound/?p=2005640

• Like 1

name="Albert" post="4154539" timestamp="1541894912"]I'm happy to make the small dots version for anyone who is interested.   ..AlAlbert, can I get the "small dots" version? My Ballblazer is currently in the mail. I emailed you the tracking number.

It is also my understanding that a few new stages were added to the "random mazes" selection while working on the Pokey version. Are these included also?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/162512-pac-man-collection-with-pokey-sound/

Okay, I was just informed by Albert he cannot make "small dot" Pokey-enhanced versions of Pacman Collection at this time... :sad:

Carry on... :dunce:

Atari 2600 Homebrew
Boulder Dash

Stay Frosty 2

Star Castle Arcade

Zippy the Porcupine

Go Fish

Indy 500 XE

Juno First

K.O. Cruiser

Lady Bug Collectors Edition

Medieval Mayhem

Princess Rescue

Space Rocks

Mappy

Scramble

Super Cobra

Atari 5200 Homebrew and 8 bit conversions

Shamus 1 & 2

O'Rileys Mine

Blaster

MULE

Millipede

Bubsy

MeebZork

Jr PacMan

DK

DK Jr

Pooyan

Castle Crisis

Zaxxon 32K

Xari Arena

Archon
Adventure II

Pac-Man Arcade

Tempest

Ratcatcher

RealSports Curling

Megoids

• Like 4

Atari 5200 Homebrew and 8 bit conversions

Bubsy

Now this is cool. Just got through making 6th on the Bubsy leaderboard tonight and I see the above. Got any pics of the cart you had made? Probably the first physical Bubsy cart for the 5200. :D

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...