IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 25 = Springer

1702 Made it to the third screen. Yippee.

There is a special place in Hell for the vicious bastards who programmed this miserable game. I think they must have gone on to program Conan for the NES. Same miserable mechanics. This game falls into the category of "playable, but why would you ever." No amount of patience and repeatedly pressing reset after falling to your death on the first jump will ever make this game fun.

My hat off to all of you who manage to keep playing and get higher and higher scores.

post-409-0-72384200-1436407829_thumb.png

• Like 3

There is a special place in Hell for the vicious bastards who programmed this miserable game. I think they must have gone on to program Conan for the NES. Same miserable mechanics. This game falls into the category of "playable, but why would you ever." No amount of patience and repeatedly pressing reset after falling to your death on the first jump will ever make this game fun.

My hat off to all of you who manage to keep playing and get higher and higher scores.

Don't give up now....You've just made it to the most difficult screen! :-D

Edited by Gorfy

Can someone please explain what you are supposed to do in this game? I manage to jump up to the right and get what looks like maybe a toothbrush and a carrot...after that, I have no idea and everything kills me.

Each screen has two items that you must pick up, and hatching dragon eggs that you must destroy.

Red eggs: touch or kick

Gold hatching eggs: must be kicked

Dragon: must be kicked

Otherwise, you complete the screen by making your way up to the pink sun. Touch the two-step ladder (at the top, center) to complete the level.

The trick is to find which jumps are legal and which ones kill you (too high, too far, etc.)

Watch the video that I posted earlier from the arcade version of the game.

• Like 2

OK, thanks...that helps a lot...I didn't realize you could kick...I was just jumping.

Each screen has two items that you must pick up, and hatching dragon eggs that you must destroy.

Red eggs: touch or kick

Gold hatching eggs: must be kicked

Dragon: must be kicked

Otherwise, you complete the screen by making your way up to the pink sun. Touch the two-step ladder (at the top, center) to complete the level.

The trick is to find which jumps are legal and which ones kill you (too high, too far, etc.)

Watch the video that I posted earlier from the arcade version of the game.

post-40055-0-52035600-1436476512_thumb.png

This took some doing. Now that I know I can go right and get to the sun faster, I have trouble actually killing all the weird enemy things because I know there's less than a 50% chance that I'll make it back to get the toothbrush then go up on the same life. I can't imagine getting past level 2. But I will try.

• Like 1

I would also think they have programmed Lester the Unlikely for the SNES and Dark Castle for the Genesis as well. If you have never played Dark Castle. Consider yourself lucky. That game is bad. REALLY BAD!!

Sorry for my abscence in this High Score Club during 3 weeks in a row. Kaboom, Astroblast and Springer I'm not enjoying.

I was playing other Atari 2600 games which are more irresistible to play, like Thunderground and Atlantis.

And I'm participating in the special thread dedicated to Activision - Activision Patches, Difficulty and Summer Quest 2015.

Edited by oyamafamily