IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 25 = Springer

Springer - 7,909

19602075402_3a879d8e68_m.jpg

Slight improvement. Man, I was just near the final part with 1 man extra and walked off a ledge! Not a game problem, just me excited to finally get past the screen and I screwed up! Last guy was hit by dragon on bottom right which happens a lot anyway.

Edited by voodoo_chilly
  • Like 3

i forgot to mention, for the last few days I haven't experienced the jump-button misfiring problem. I think maybe you have to press AND HOLD the button to make sure you jump. that seems to be the different thing I was doing when paying close attention trying to see why it happens.

... for the record, i don't think that shape at the top looks like the sun, nor do the platforms look like clouds.

... the more I look at that video of the arcade version, the more I get the impression this was a less-than-stellar game in it's original glory. Haven't played it, but if i did, I think I might actually like the atari version better.

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

post-40055-0-48200900-1436754715_thumb.png

Doubled my score -- and I'm calling it. Just as the game gets less repulsive for me. Funny, you actually start to see what jumps are and are not possible. Maybe I'll pick this one up later on and see if my improvement streak picks up again. Then again, I think it's just another case of HSC making me play a game I'd never give 10 minutes otherwise.

• Like 3

Since this is my first season in HSC, I was wondering how the end-of-year bracket tournament goes.

Can someone give me a rundown?

Hey Moom.

• The top 24 players in the Overall Standings at the end of the year will be eligible to participate.

There are 3 brackets: Gold (players 1 - 8)

Silver (players 9 - 16)

Bronze (players 17 -24)

• Within the Gold bracket, Player 1 will play against Player 8, Player 2 against Player 7, Player 3 against Player 6, and Player 4 vs. Player 5. The other two brackets will operate in similar fashion.
  • The game played by a given pair of players will be randomly selected from the pool of games already played during the season. For example, the game selected for Player 1 vs. Player 8 may turn out to be Star Voyager, while the game selected randomly for Player 2 vs. Player 7 may be Klax, and so on.
  • Players within a bracket are eliminated until one victor remains.
  • Last season, the winner of each of the 3 brackets got to choose a game for this season.
  • Like 2