IGNORED

Doom Patrol

winkdot

Maybe PM Thomas Jentzsch or one of the other programmers? I tried the .dpc and I got the same issue. I don't think it's anything on my end, especially since orb also jitters a bit on real hardware.

I'm guessing this has nothing to do with whether it's on a Harmony cart, Cuttle cart or burned ROM. I bet a real 2600 is the issue. FYI, my Harmony Encore is only a few months old.

Have you tried it on the Cuttle cartridge yet?

Thanks much for trying this out guys.

For those that are interested in this, look at the following link:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240879-game-test-on-harmony-cart/

I have not tried it on the Cuttle cart yet.

I have the code out now and I'm making changes so expect a new version soon. I hope to fix this issue without having to rip stuff out. I have a problem with posting a new game and then going right into making another one. Guess I should not do that.

I'm guessing this has nothing to do with whether it's on a Harmony cart, Cuttle cart or burned ROM. I bet a real 2600 is the issue. FYI, my Harmony Encore is only a few months old.

Have you tried it on the Cuttle cartridge yet?

Just for info. The cuttleCart does not emulate the DPC+. Only Harmony, Harmony Encore, or a game made for you on a Melody board will run DPC+ code.

• Like 1

Just for info. The cuttleCart does not emulate the DPC+. Only Harmony, Harmony Encore, or a game made for you on a Melody board will run DPC+ code.

Thanks Turbo, this I did not know. I figured as it ran all the 2600 and 7800 games it would handle DPC+, but it might not have been around when the cart was made. Good info.

Just came across this and it looks great! Sadly, I can't try the game out on my Harmony cart as my telly blew up on me a few weeks ago and my LCD hates the 2600... :(

Still, going to try it out on Stella as soon as I can. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Doom Patrol 0.7 released. This is optimized and harmony cart ready.

Some minor updates also.

Special thanks to iesposta for helping to optimize this one! He showed me some great stuff!

This ends my getting into scan line compliance and just in time as the new Stella has been released.
Now, I can finally get on with making some new stuff :)

Edited by winkdot

As for the cart question, I have never followed up on the process to do that, so I'm not sure. I guess it would be nice to have a cart of it though if enough people wanted one. I don't have any idea on how to measure that either.

Send Albert a private message, though wait until November as he's currently very busy preparing for PRGE and will need some time to recoup after he gets back.

Are you set up to test on real hardware yet? If not, I highly recommend doing that before looking into releasing your games on cartridge.

• 3 years later...

We'll be featuring Doom Patrol LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Doom Patrol (2015) by Ed Riley aka winkdot
- Bag Boy (2019 WIP) by KevKelley
- Miner 2049er (2018 Faster Hack) by Thomas Jentzsch (speed up hack), OmegaMatrix (reset bug fix), and doctorclu (sprite hack)

EDIT: Updated with Archived Show

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

It is with a sad heart, I would like to let all of the Atari community know that I just found out Ed Riley "winkdot" passed away last October. Ed was a programmer who created at least 7 known Atari 2600 homebrew games: Cows (2015), Alien Pinball (2015), The Deep (2015), Orb (2015), Doom Patrol (2015), Shark Jaws + (2018), and The Goons (2019). Ed helped me to cover two of his titles, The Deep (volume 2) and Doom Patrol (volume 3) for my book series. When I reached out to him for the title Orb, was when I found out about his death from his daughter, Lindsay.

As we never met in person, we had several conversations thru the AtariAge forums and on Facebook. He had plans in 2018 to come to the Houston Arcade Expo and attend my book signing there but, medical issues came up and he had to cancel.

In honor of Ed, I have made a dedication ROM pack of his games and a document contained within the pack with information about him. I know Ed would want as many people to be able to play his games as possible. May you get a perfect score playing your games in Heaven.

Brian Matherne 
https://amazon.com/author/brianmatherne
https://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

Winkdot dedication .zip

Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1