IGNORED

Help! Mystery Atari Cart.

CobraPlissken

I found this at a garage sale today and I am not that familiar with Atari and this seems like the place to go for info. If anyone has any information on a sticker like this on a game, feel free to chime in. There isn't a front label but there is whats left of a very small sticker on the top of the cart. I havent tried it out cause I don't have a 2600 but I plan on trying it tomorrow amd reporting back.

post-42910-0-37451100-1436063120_thumb.jpeg

So that Atari sticker is actually affixed to the back of the cartridge then. At least, that's what the pictures show. The front shows no screw in the hole either, so opening it is fairly simple. Can you open the cartridge and show us the board inside?

Yeah that sticker is on the back. How does one go about opening an atari cart?

Opening cartridges is tough the first few times, sort of hard to explain without getting some practice yourself. Maybe this post will help:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/82578-easiest-way-to-open-2600-carts/?p=1007540

I don't anticipate it looking much different from a production cartridge inside. Did you get the chance to play the game?

I couldn't find anyone with a 2600, the folks I knew that had one have either traded them off or sold them. I'll mess around with another cart I have cause I would rather not damage this one.

Yeah, just tear up a Combat or something so you can see all the points that need to be released.

As mentioned, if you tell us where you are somebody may be able to help you out with a machine to test on. We're everywhere. :)

Yeah, just tear up a Combat or something so you can see all the points that need to be released.

As mentioned, if you tell us where you are somebody may be able to help you out with a machine to test on. We're everywhere. :)

I did just that! I was about to pop it open rather easily once I could see what I needed to do. I'm at work but plan on posting some pics of the guts of this thing when I get home. I live in Eastern Ky btw so if there are any kentucky members out there.

Playing the cart and seeing what is on the cart will tell you more about value than anything else. However I'd assume its a known game because of the kind of chip and board...but you never know.

You could check game stores in your area. Some are run by collectors and may have a 2600 you can use.