IGNORED

Now is the time to buy!

Omega-TI

Yes it does appear to be the time to buy.

Now the question for all that wouldi be interested. Would you buy the one that mounts into a drive enclosure or would you go with a REV C non-cased or plastic case model for cheaper than the REV F that would sit on top of your PEB or desk or wherever you want to place it to save a few bucks?

I have three 3.5" REV F, mounted in PEBs Don´t wanna miss it.

But maybe, to save a PEBs drive-slot, there might be a cool solution

to mount the REV.C outside, maybe with the SD-Card-Extension-cable I saw here around....

The Geeks financial situation ? ;)

I have Dual Floppies already installed. Can this be installed externally as a 3rd floppy?

Is it compatible with a CorComp Disk Controller or a TI Disk Controller that has been upgraded to 80 Trks?

yes it could be used externally, and is compatible with the TI disk controller 80track. not sure about CorComp as I don't have one

This thing is compatible with damn near anything your TI can throw at it...

SSSD, DSSD, DSDD, DSSD, DSQD... Buy now, grow into it later... no matter what kind of controller you are running.

I'm waiting for the Myarc Clone to come out.. DSDD in 80 track... YEAH MOMMA!

Corcomp works for sure, I have it running. Settings is "Shugart". HxC normally runs on ALL controllers on this planet (!)

I also assume that it runs on the 80track-mod, but I did not have the chance to check it yet,

and I just was theoretically wondering about the seldom config DSSD-80T = 360 K which is normally gained by DSDD-40T

But I think it just runs fine with the exact same config from the tool, called "Shugart".

@DieCrusher: "....then again have to pay to play ?" - Why ? Or. what do you mean ?

What I meant was that if these can only be obtained from Europe with the extra shipping cost involved, the only option is to 'pay' that extra shipping cost to 'play' with that hardware since their no place to purchase in the U.S.

Edited by Diecrusher

@TI-Gamer: I also found empty-HFE-disks formatted with 360K-DSSD-80Tracks.This should be for the TI-controller/80mod :)

@DieCrusher: "....then again have to pay to play ?" - Why ? Or. what do you mean ?

Are they new and how is the pricing including shipping to the US?

yes, they are new, as www.lotharek.pl is the manufacturer.

The HxC REV F SD-drive for example is about 103 Euros, and 34 Euros (=151$ total) for shipping to US, with EMS

I don´t know about customs- or import-fees in USA.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, they are new, as www.lotharek.pl is the manufacturer.

The HxC REV F SD-drive for example is about 103 Euros, and 34 Euros (=151$ total) for shipping to US, with EMS

I don´t know about customs- or import-fees in USA.

FYI, I bought a plain Rev F (99 Euros) from the lotharek.pl website in early March and was charged $124 for everything shipped to the US. 8 Euros was listed as the shipping cost. Exchange rates are slightly better than they were in early March.

Last year I configured my first HxC-drive as DSK2, because I was a bit anxious of not beeing able to boot from a real floppydisk in DSK1 :)

But just some days later, when I had all my "important" disks copied/converted to HxC/HFE and nicely arranged them on the SD-card,

I quickly changed the HFE to DSK1 (&4) :) today I use 3 HxCs and this is very comfortable. Thinking of No. 4 & 5.