IGNORED

ATARI GAMER Limited Printed Edition OUT NOW !

powersoft

Okay Jim,

Thanks for that, even though it appears your just a drone been sent in here, The event you mention is Retro Reunited in 2009 in Huddersfield, England and you claim to know me? care to give me your name, as this event was 6 years ago? but not that important and the facts that the magazine is my property and I will not have anybody and I mean anybody threaten that in ant capacity regardless of what they feel it is, you can whale on it all you like, I have had many conversation off the radar with Mr.Hawken regarding things back then, At no stage was Atari Gamer magazine was a join project between Mr.Hawkens and Me you have that confused with Homebrew heroes I'm afraid :), I was solely creating this magazine with his reviews present nothing, so you need to have your facts correct. All Kieren's contribution where the reviews and Homebrew reviews and a system focus he has already written before hand and not exclusively for the magazine so this is not.

Payments for rendered work , okay you claim as meanness, well I think you're misinformed there in agreement set out by any form of contract in this case a financial one regardless of the amount, once you receive payment for material regardless of the price given does not entitle the replicate to claim any form of condition allowing him to dictate over what typ e of permissions are granted without prior notice and NO TIME did Mr.Hawken present such concerns and he had to opportunity on many occasions to suggest a price for his work, but was satisfactory of the amount mentioned in this threat. Therefore rendering that along meaningless as you put it and is disregarded once proof is being provided to suck a financial agreement which I have in my possession. I don't need to grow up and nor in bringing somebody illness into a threat to bears any relevance to what he did and is nothing more than a sympathy tactic in order to gain leverage. I am not nor did I or Makus take advantage of Kieren Hawken and his work, l he and you can claim this all you like, in a corut of law this would be thrown out and cost Mr.Hawken allot of money tin doing so, over a small print run of a digital magazine. pathetic in the highest degree.

To me this is simply a form of collateral damage control on his behalf which I'll give you, your his friend and you believe he been stung, as I mentioned over in the Pro © Atari Page, that In future Kieren hawken should have outlined his conditions long before accepting payment which is being made out now as unjustifiable on his behalf. I was happy with the agreement, there was no con, no set up and no running after for payments from me regarding his costs, this is all a fabrication and as proof of that, he could of contacted me via email, Facebook, twitter, retro gamer forums even RVG before he blew himself up over there. So many occasions he had to right to contact me but did he? hmm? what's that? tumble weed? exactly.. I won't be responding to any more of vile spurs of disagreement from you, The magazine has been pulled from it's print run now, so not need for Kieren to worry of lost earnings as a contributor. And if I knew what I know now, boy god I would of never had any form of dealings with such a person on a digital publication ever again.

You have your opinion on this I have mine on the turn of events here. It's gone south now and I would prefer not to continue with any more engagement regarding this whole farce. good day.

cheers

Edited by Greyfox

So sad to read this topic.... I am very surprised to read discussions about people who want to get paid for writing articles in "hobby-magazines", which are distributed in (very) small numbers. People are making these publications not to make money, but to contribute to the community.

This is so sad for the community...

• Like 6

Well, one small example as it usually it works easily all with me:

In my company there are bands selling 7.000 CD and we have no contract.

We are all gentlemen and if I cannot trust someone I would not work with him.

No need to waste my time and energy for...

And here with an enthuastic project...

20 printed magazines...

TWENTY!!!!

TROUBLE...!!!

Don't know to laugh or cry...

@Jim:

You do not know anything...

I close this chapter now forever sadly...

• Like 1

Only thing i'd add here is i 'suggest' someone contact PSJ on RG regarding my supposed 'banning' from RetroGamer magazine as this is'nt the 1st time that lines come up, as i had to email him 3 times just to get my account closed and he said i was welcome back anytime i wanted.

Not that i have any such plans to do so, espically since i long since cancelled my subscription to the magazine.

As for the rest of what's been claimed....

Yep i'm a raving madman who goes around claiming i spoke to people like Jeff Minter who told me he'd worked on Ultra Star Raiders on the Lynx etc etc and has been banned on more forums than i can care to count, hell did i tell you i wrote Steve Davis Snooker, 6 ST P.D games, various ZX Spectrum games that looked as if they'd come straight out a bumper book of listings oh wait..that was'nt me......

My mistake....

Day i justify helping Retro community for free to certain people simply is'nt today....

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

Well, Jimbob005 or whoever you might be acting on behalf of or whatever, no, it's not too much to ask for community to stop telling lies..

Lies like claiming to Nolan Bushnell your a teacher, then retracting that statement seconds later...

Or lies like: I had been banned from RG, when you know the full story of why i quit RG forum it was because i recieved a warning PM from Editor saying i was making the mag look bad by pointing out the schoolboy errors that crept in each and every month..as other posters did and hence the writer having to admit he took the DOTC 'research' from Wikip. rather than 1st hand knowledge.I was no longer prepared to fund such awful research so quit forum and sub same day.

The abusive PM's that were sent warning others of me can quite happily be brought out if you so wish? my friends forwarded them onto me and you could'nt even get 'your' facts correct there as i never 'wrote' anything for Atari Gamer just passed misc stuff on.

Edited by Lost Dragon

If all the above fabrications of reality..I'm a teacher (derp..ohh no i'm not...)

I wrote all these games (ohhh no you did'nt)

I spoke to Jeff Minter and he said (ohh no you did'nt and ohhh no he did'nt either)

All these games were in various states of completition (ohhh no they were'nt)

Are what passes for the work of sanity..please forward me to the nearest window so i can commence licking it..bit early for the moon to be up, so i cannot start barking at that.

Bloody hell Kizza sorry, Jimbob005, it's not even Panto season yet....

Face it, you quit RVG as you could'nt handle fact they hosted my interview with Les Player (OMG, it's ATARI related and not by me..WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH), you kicked off big time when you found out Grey had asked me to research some stuff for Atari Gamer and then had a benny when you found out i was helping with ST Gamer.

And you've tried, failed on EPIC levels to discredit each/every interview etc i did.You even tried to pour scorn on what John Romero told me.

Just grow up.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 2

And just for the record, proclaiming you wrote Steve Davis Snooker at a tender age it seemed on World Of Spectrum website, was NOT the best of starts, nor was claiming credit for various ZX Spectrum homecoding efforts here or 6 ST P.D Games on Little Green Desktop...those are'nt actions of a sane man.

Your track record speaks for itself and this is why sites/publications go looking for others (like myself) to assist as for all my sins, which indeed are many, i've proven myself as capable of getting the real version of events time and time again and i don't ask for 20 pieces of silver for doing it.

Grow up, stop fabricating/playing the victim and please, just get some professional help for your own sake, your mentally tearing yourself apart here and we've never even met.

I honestly do worry for your long term health here....

• Like 2

@Jimbob005/JagFest/Lynx_God/Laird...whatever you feel most comfortable posting as..this is a serious post and last i want to say to you directly regarding this.

Please, for the sake of your mental and physical wellbeing and that of your loved ones, just take a break from forums, Retro in general, take a step back, look at the results your actions have caused over the years, what long term damage it's done to you, personally and please if nothing else, seek professional help on what ever the root cause of this anger and insecurity you project, might be.
From what i've read of your posts etc over the years, there is this unescapable 'need' it seems to prove to the world you've made it...
You've tried to pass yourself off as this great coder, this great writer and each time people have picked up pn the most basic of errors, let alone pointed out where info came from or who really wrote those games.

Your getting paid for your RG which is a path i personally do not choose to follow,, nor fund myself in part via a subscription, but more power to you.You just have to learn that paying customers like myself (once a subscriber, now just buy odd issues) are entitled too and indeed do..leave open, honest feedback on what they read/have paid for.

Describing RG posters as:retards, fucktards, trolls etc is'nt helping you is it? nor was thread bumping RVG threads until someone praised your article.

Even with the RG work, you appear to lash out when others do anything Atari related.I assure you i treat Atari same way as Sony, Sega, CBM etc.

This insecurity, fear over what others are doing is clearly eating away at you.

Just either learn to ignore it or better still see someone about these personal demons...

Here endth my exchange with you, in whatever name you wish to take...

Edited by Lost Dragon

(Chortle) Sorry, Sorry my bad, it was RVG i was meant to of been banned from..i'd gotten so used to the RG ban claim, anywho..that's even easier to clear up.

I email Jamie, ask for my account to be closed.He emails back..sorry, i cannot physically do that, fella.There's no way to close accounts.Only thing you can do is never sign in again, software will automatically close your account after a set time of inactivity.
So i never signed in again, assume software did what it was supposed to..and lived happily ever after.
Really if people are going to fabricate events of my departure, at least put some excitement into it...
An underwater drilling sequence, a cup, falling in slow motion only to shatter into a 1000 pieces on the hard stone floor, some bloke wielding on a building site as the camera pans by...some tense intermission music..anything for a bit of true drama...
Claiming 'He was banned Guv, he was a right bleedin 'ead case' etc etc, that's just tame.
Writers should write, capture the mood :-)
  • Like 2

Please, for the sake of your mental and physical wellbeing and that of your loved ones, just take a break from forums, Retro in general, take a step back, look at the results your actions have caused over the years, what long term damage it's done to you, personally and please if nothing else, seek professional help.

If this was the Jaguar forum...

D.I.A.F. vs get institutionalized.