IGNORED

TI FDC head step times

Gazoo

ah OK, here is that what I was looking for :)

maybe there are some nice infos inside.

Cool and Thank you! I've read the first two but the DSDD manual looks new to me, nice. ;-)

I guess I'm a little surprised that there's one, 1, uno page of info for Level-1 routines. And every document I've found, quotes the same stuff. I was hoping for a little more detail. Reminds me of purchasing Editor Assembler (back in the day) to learn assembly, DOH!

But, I'm NOT complaining, I just don't know how to apply that single page of information into something I can tie in with extremely limited assembly knowledge. That'll come with time I'm sure... Until then, I search for more examples...

Cheers!

-D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man Gazoo !!!!

This 12ms edit is great, instead of crunch, crunch, crunch...it's click, click, click.

It works great on my 3.5, 5.25, and my HxC Floppy Emulator

Thank You !!!!

How does one do this? Does the original EPROM need to be reprogrammed, or is it something a lot easier?

Thanks.

Well, that won't work since we need to use the DSR that we're dumping. It's a bit more complicated, but it can be done.

Select memory editor.

Press F1, the cursor will move to the "CRU Base" in the lower right corner.

Make the values there 1100 FF.

Press F1 again.

Make the top line read "c4000 Start 4000 Finish 5FFF".

Make the 2nd line read "Dest cC000"

Press F2, this will move the eprom contents to >C000.

Press F1, the cursor will move to the "CRU Base" in the lower right corner.

Make the values there 1100 00. (this deselects the TI FDC eprom so it can be used by the system)

Press F1 again.

Make the top line read "cC000 Start C000 Finish DFFF".

Move the cursor to the page number.

Press F8.

The contents of the eproms will be saved to the file 'DSK1.TRIALDUMP'.

Gazoo

Hi,

sorry, this does not work, of course, as the controller does not speak to the drives :)

I have pulled the 2 chips now, they will be read out with an eprommer maybe next week.

I´ll send you the files then.

The symptom is that, i.e. with the DiskManager2-cart, the Controller-LED goes on,

andd the TI stucks.

I also have tried some combinations with 20ms (standard-)diskdrive jumpered as DSK3,

as I maybe do not have an correct 6ms-drive for DSk1 or DSK2, but no gain......same same (LED on)

Maybe it has an additional 80track-mod (with that 6/6/20ms) and my 40track-drives let him stuck ?

We will see, maybe the Eproms are OK.

I also will try 2 standard- and 2 80-ttrack-eproms for this controller, to give him more chances :)

schmitzi

post-41141-0-45084800-1437238305_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-20936100-1437238318_thumb.jpgpost-41141-0-87094400-1437238328_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...