@stupus: Glad to help! :)

@Dastari Creel: Doh! Forgot about this one. Yup, in fact two references and a picture:

ody-yar.jpg

I'm beginning to feel like a Wiki Odyssey...lol!!!

--- Sly (wiki) DC --- ;)

Edited by slydc
  • Like 1

I thought I should also post this one here since this seems to be a running list of Odyssey games to make it complete :)

This one is #3 of my 6 game set.

Also should announce here that there WILL be another release of odyssey Evil for anyone who missed it. I'm going to shoot for October for Halloween and it will be a slightly different version then the L.C.E. I released.

4-6 is still a WIP and I will update here on this thread as they become available.

1 hour ago, stupus said:

Chris...maybe now it could be for the odys 50th anniversary and yars 40th :)

still gives you a bit more time!

I really want to do something for the Odyssey's 50th, whether it's releasing a game, doing one of the hardware ideas that I've had, or finally getting the vgarchive up and at least having the Odyssey reference materials available. Anyone interested in collaborating to do something awesome for the 50th? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dastari Creel said:

I really want to do something for the Odyssey's 50th, whether it's releasing a game, doing one of the hardware ideas that I've had, or finally getting the vgarchive up and at least having the Odyssey reference materials available. Anyone interested in collaborating to do something awesome for the 50th? 

I'm up for it! I was thinking of just streaming every game released, but we could maybe come up with something! 

Just saw the updated list in the first post and there's an entry that doesn't belong:

Unreleased games:

Stomach's Revenge by Atariland2600 (Announced 2011)

That's is not a game title but a "post" title. If you read Chris post, you'll

see that he first talks about (real) stomach cramps and in the fourth

and fifth line, then he talks about Yar's Revenge.

- Sly -

Now i don't have any "New" homebrews to list ...BUT! How about downloading some files

like the manual of the Videojuel ?

I have uploaded a few hours ago some Magnavox Odyssey and clones stuff on Archive.org:

* HiRez Overlays.zip (Has all 11 Pack-in oerlays in Hi-Rez + Soccer)

Odyssey instruction manual & clones:
------------------------------------
* ITT Odyssey (Germany-1973).pdf
* LEH Videojuel (Argentina-1975).pdf
* Magnavox Odisea (Mexico-1972).pdf
* Magnavox Odyssey (Export-1974).pdf
* Magnavox Odyssey (France-1974).pdf
* Magnavox Odyssey (US-1972).pdf
* Overkal (Spain-1973).pdf
* Panoramic Telematch J5 (Argentina-1975).pdf
* Planil Odyssey (Brasil-1975).pdf

I was so lucky to download a copy of the Videojuel before the link
went to oblivion!

Service Manual (i scanned it at 600dpi)
* Magnavox Odyssey 1TL200 BLAK & BK12 Service Manual.pdf

(Also those extra games i scanned at 600 dpi)
* Magnavox_Odyssey-Baseball.pdf
* Magnavox_Odyssey-Invasion.pdf
(more to come in the future)

And here's a back-up of three Odyssey "free" homebrews:
-------------------------------------------------------
* Peacekeeper Command-O.zip
* Red vs. Blue.zip
* Space War.zip

You can get any of these files individually here:

https://archive.org/download/odyssey-archive

Or Zipped/torrent:

https://archive.org/details/odyssey-archive

Have fun!

--- Sly DC ---

Come see by OdySim (Magnavox ODYssey SIMulator) blog: http://odysim.blogspot.com

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/slydc

Edited by slydc
  • Like 1

Glad to help out MCA!

I have just made some corrections and also uploaded new files to the archive:

Correction:

* Magnavox Odyssey (US-1972).pdf is now renamed: Magnavox Odyssey (IB-2622)(US-1972).pdf

* Magnavox Odyssey.pdf is now renamed: Magnavox Odyssey (IB-2662-2)(US-1973).pdf

* ITT Odyssey (Germany-1973).pdf is now renamed ITT Odyssey Spiel (Gernamy-1973).pdf

Updated/Uploaded:

* Overkal (Spain-1974).pdf  - has been updated with better scans

* ITT Odyssey Spielkonsole (Germany-1973).pdf

* Apex Blue Card.zip (Contains scans of Blue Card and instructions in 300dpi)

* Apex-Odyssey-Manuals (US-197x).pdf  (Only Volleyball & Handball instructions)

On 4/30/2020 at 8:14 PM, Dastari Creel said:

I'm down for helping out with the big 5-0. There is plenty of time to plan, I could make boxes or whatever you need me to do.

I've started making my own custom full size boxes for the "Free" homebrew game downloads so they all match in my collection display. Here is a picture of my Space War box. I think it turned out pretty good. I reached out to Mikebloke about offering these to the community if anyone wants one and he gave me the thumbs up so if anyone wants one let me know and I'll do a very small run of boxes. I charge $15 for any Odyssey box, $8 for an original small size overlay and $10 for my version of a large overlay which matches my game overlay sizes that is a little smaller then the original odyssey large overlays. Instructions will be included free with the box. I cleaned up the instruction sheet because it was missing images, border segments, etc. and added a back side about the history of the game from his post. I wasn't happy with the quality of the overlay in printed form because the file was a bit low on the resolution and came out blurry so I had to redraw all the game sprites one at a time at 600 dpi, fill in new solid background color and clean up the image overall. 

Thanks Mikebloke for allowing me to share these with the AA community, your copy of this is free so I will be sending you a pm to arrange shipping. 

There is room in my new shipping boxes (see pic) to fit exactly 2 games so If you are purchasing one of my games I can add an extra box to save on shipping. 

I can make other custom boxes if anyone has a special request. I already have a few designs I'm working on like the Apex double ender box (coming soon), percepts, etc. I am redesigning my ManCave and love the look of these boxes all lined up matching size on my shelves so while I'm building my Odyssey collection display, I thought I would share these if anyone wants one. :) 

I'm starting a small list here to try and figure out how many prints I need:

SPACE WAR: (B) box/Instruction set (S.O.) small overlay, (L.O.) Large Overlay

1. Mikebloke

2. Dastari Creel (B)

3. SlyDc (B-S.O.)

4. Stupus

5. Zhorton

6. BuckEyefan_4eva

IMG_1902.JPG

Edited by ManCaveArcade
update
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ManCaveArcade said:

I've started making my own custom full size boxes for the "Free" homebrew game downloads so they all match in my collection display. Here is a picture of my Space War box. I think it turned out pretty good. I reached out to Mikebloke about offering these to the community if anyone wants one and he gave me the thumbs up so if anyone wants one let me know and I'll do a very small run of boxes. I charge $15 for any Odyssey box, $8 for an original small size overlay and $10 for my version of a large overlay which matches my game overlay sizes that is a little smaller then the original odyssey large overlays. Instructions will be included free with the box. I cleaned up the instruction sheet because it was missing images, border segments, etc. and added a back side about the history of the game from his post. I wasn't happy with the quality of the overlay in printed form because the file was a bit low on the resolution and came out blurry so I had to redraw all the game sprites one at a time at 600 dpi, fill in new solid background color and clean up the image overall. 

Thanks Mikebloke for allowing me to share these with the AA community, your copy of this is free so I will be sending you a pm to arrange shipping. 

There is room in my new shipping boxes (see pic) to fit exactly 2 games so If you are purchasing one of my games I can add an extra box to save on shipping. 

I can make other custom boxes if anyone has a special request. I already have a few designs I'm working on like the Apex double ender box (coming soon), percepts, etc. I am redesigning my ManCave and love the look of these boxes all lined up matching size on my shelves so while I'm building my Odyssey collection display, I thought I would share these if anyone wants one. :) 

IMG_1902.JPG

I may make a few custom requests, but definitely put me down for Space War and Percepts. 

Now that is super to offer boxes (and overlays, instructions, etc.) which are released as "free" homebrews.

I'll take a Space War box, small overlay and instruction but i don't know which box to choose as both are great!

And i have just talked about this on the OdySim blog here:

https://odysim.blogspot.com/2020/05/hunting-adventure-zombie-outbreak-space.html

And you gave me an idea...?

1 hour ago, slydc said:

Now that is super to offer boxes (and overlays, instructions, etc.) which are released as "free" homebrews.

I'll take a Space War box, small overlay and instruction but i don't know which box to choose as both are great!

And i have just talked about this on the OdySim blog here:

https://odysim.blogspot.com/2020/05/hunting-adventure-zombie-outbreak-space.html

And you gave me an idea...?

Thanks Sly, 

Sorry for the confusion, the picture shows the front and back of the box it is only 1 design with 2 different sides.

Love you blog and dedication to keeping the odyssey Alive!

I have announced our latest Odyssey game, "The Haunting of '72" on Facebook!  I think most of you are members of that group, but I mention it here for the record and for a couple of folks who don't use FB.  For this release my students produced a full gameplay video, which I posted there.  You can also find it on Youtube even if you don't use FB (you might want to subscribe to OdysseyNow on YouTube if you don't already).

@ManCaveArcade, fantastic work on the Space War box!  I'll PM you about that.

@slydc, it's great that you are uploading high-res scans or these historical materials to Archive.org.  Thanks!

@Dastari Creel, besides this new announcement, one small request for your first post for your next edit: Trumpocalypse was released (as a bonus game for OdysseyNow Game Pack 1).  It makes use of the original overlay from States and the Damocles Controller included in that game pack.

Edited by zhorton
  • Like 1

Allright! Another new homebrew game! I'll check it out later! :)

All the scans i'll be making will be in 600DPI but unfortunately, the Apex Blue Card and the instructions for Handball & Volleyball

have been scanned in 300DPI back in 2012 before i traded it. I'm scanning all material stuff that comes with the Magnavox Odyssey

first, then it's going to be the Rifle Gun (Shooting Gallery pack) and afterwards the 6 extra games of 1972.

For Trumpocalypse, i have never gotten the instruction manual with my Game Pack #1 so that's why i thought it was never released.

That is a cool game concept Zach. I just watched the video and it looks fun to play, great work! I love all things horror :)

Sly, I just recently scanned my "near mint" copy of the shooting gallery instructions at 600dpi so I'll email those over for the archive soon. Let me know if there is anything else I can contribute to the preservation of this system. I love what you have done so far.

• Like 2

Introducing Et Tu, Brute for the Odyssey!  In terms of gameplay, this is the most elaborate game we've created.  It was in development for almost 3 years in the Vibrant Media Lab.  Announcement and info here.  It will be available in an upcoming Game Pack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zhorton said:

Introducing Et Tu, Brute for the Odyssey!  In terms of gameplay, this is the most elaborate game we've created.  It was in development for almost 3 years in the Vibrant Media Lab.  Announcement and info here.  It will be available in an upcoming Game Pack.

Looks great Zach! Very unique. I can't wait to play this along with the rest of Game Pack #3.

14 hours ago, zhorton said:

This is exciting news, there is a lot going on it that game. You can tell a ton of work went into designing and creating that one. Congrats!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 11:11 AM, ManCaveArcade said:

I just recently scanned my "near mint" copy of the shooting gallery instructions at 600dpi so I'll email those over for the archive soon. Let me know if there is anything else I can contribute to the preservation of this system. I love what you have done so far.

Hi MCA,

Thanks for the scans of the Shooting Gallery, i already added it to the M.O.Archive! Since i have just an ordinary flat bed scanner

integrated with the printer, the major problem i have are the overlays as i would need to scan a small overlay in 4 parts (iisshh!).

So if you have a bigger scanner (or anyone here), i would so much appreciate 600dpi scans of small overlays (no need of the big

ones).

I also don't have the x4 1973 extra games in my collection so if anyone wants to scan them, i would appreciate it very much!

But i think i still have Thomas Holzer original scans which i used for Interplanetary Voyage and W.I.N.

Any contributions will be very appreciated! :):):)

On 5/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, zhorton said:

Another game ?! OOOOhhh....smells like a Game Pack #3 will be released soon! :P

Like the name of the game in Latin which translate to "Are you Brutus ?" in English. Sorry but since i'm a Quebecian (French-Canadian),

French comes from Latin so it was easy to translate. ;)

Can't wait to see the whole content of Game Pack #3. :)

• Like 1